Large Ham: Fan Fic
Calvin and Hobbes
- Dr. Brainstorm from Calvin and Hobbes: The Series, having No Indoor Voice, is the perfect candidate for this. And boy, is he ever.
- Calvin himself sometimes counts.
Hobbes: We're in the clear... supposedly.
- Lampshaded in "Roughin' It":
Calvin: Good boy, Shatner.
- Colonel Nick "Havoc" Parker, when he isn't blowing up Avatars, rescuing GDI prisoners, and recapturing the White House with a couple of tanks is a gigantic, One Ham Army.
- Taniguchi, in Kyon Big Damn Hero stood up in the middle of lunch and proclaimed across the classroom to his girlfriend that he would get better grades if she would study with him. Then he begins his flowery speech about his quest, much to Haruhi's amusement, and his classmates' shock.
- Megami No Hanabira: Kaiwan. So very much. The girls encounter a Flock member with a rather flowery style of speaking as well: Nanami outright calls him a ham.
- Every time Shinji Ikari gets into Ham Mode in Shinji And Warhammer 40 K, expect a Crowning Moment of Funny or a Crowning Moment of Awesome. More frequently, the latter.
- In Kira Is Justice, Fiona's few lines of this is this and Creepy Monotone, indicated by her bold speak.
- Dark Yagami of Light and Dark The Adventures of Dark Yagami gets quite hammy as King of the Shinigami, often making use of Dramatic Ellipsis with a booming "kingish" voice, as he seems dedicated to acting the part.
- At the end of the second chapter of Radiant Sacrifice, the reformed Demon Lord Beelzemon (now a Royal Knight), reveals himself as a MASSIVE Ham, delivering a deep and booming speech
- Takato from the Tamers Forever Series seems to have a fondness for melodramatic speeches.
""Join me at the darkness of the eternal abyss! JUDECCA PRISON!"
- Chaos also has his moments.
- And of course, Daemon takes this Up to Eleven.
- In Crowns of the Kingdom, the Disney Villains have this trait, and it's part of why they do what they do.
- My Immortal is basically a World of Ham. Examples are
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUKERS!" It was... Dumbledore!"I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT….” Hargirid paused angrily. “BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!""YOU ARE NOT FIT TO BE THE PRINCIPAL ANY LONGER!" yelled Rumbridge. "YOU ARE TOO OLD AND YOUR ALZHEIMERS IS DANGEROUS! YOU MUST RETRY OR VOLDEMORT WILL KILL YOUR STUDENTS!"
- In the The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time parody "Group of Weirdoes: Ocarina of Time" turns the Barinade into one of these. Like the above, it is both funny and awesome. Recent chapters have added a second ham in the form of Morpha, though he's more of a Small Ham as he merely uses exclamation points instead of periods, whereas Barinade talks LIKE BRIAN BLESSED!!!
- In Mega Man: Defender of the Human Race, Centaur Man was disguised as a wrestling champion, The Centaur, for quite a while. He still retains that attitude.
- Barricade, Fluttershy's mom, from Mothers. It should also be worth noting that, physically, she's nearly twice the size of her daughter.
- The Pony POV Series has, of course, Discord, as is the canon. It also has his Father, Havoc, which is likely where he got his ham from (he certainly didn't get it from his Mother).
- The Twilight Child: Princess Luna has more or less gotten the hang of modern Equestrian (except when around Cadence), so her moments of true ham are far and few between. Then she finds her dog Cerberus has gone missing. She rushes back to Canterlot and bursts into the throne room (wearing fuzzy slippers, since it gets chilly near the gates of Tartarus) and declares:
Princess Luna: "WOE! OH LAMENTATIONS! SISTER, I BRING DIRE NEWS! THE GATES OF TARTARUS STAND UNGUARDED, AND ALL MANNER OF EVIL THREATENS TO LOOSE ITSELF UPON THE WORLD!"
- Apparently Twilight Sparkle will become a ham if someone so much as mentions the word "seaponies".
- Vengeance of Dawn: Breaking Dawn just loves to ham it up, even after her Heel-Face Turn.
- There is one fic about what would happen if Shinji Ikari was raised in various environments. There is a chapter where Death raised him to be Mathias Cronqvist's replacement as Dracula. He gets the traditional ham of the job done almost as well as his predecessor.
Shinji: BOW BEFORE LORD DRACULA WHILEST YOUR FAIR VIRGINS BARE THEIR NECKS!Shinji: YES! YES, MY MENACING MINIONS! SPILL THEIR BLOOD IN MY NAME!Shinji:BOW BEFORE COUNT DRACULA, FOOLISH SERVANT OF THE STARS! MY VAMPIRIC FANGS HUNGER FOR YOUR BLOOD! NOW, BEHOLD! BEHOLD THAT MAN'S OWN EVIL HAS SUMMONED ME! BARE WITNESS AS I SHATTER THE WORLD WITH THEIR OWN SIN! REPENT! REPENT FOR YOU BRING THIS DOOM UPON YOURSELVES! MWA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHA!Shinji: HA HA HA! HERE IS TRUE POWER!Shinji: WHAT'S WRONG, ANGEL! I THOUGHT YOU HAD MY PATTERN MEMORIZED BY NOW! MWA HA HA HA!
- Larry Bellowich the Loudred (naturally) of Fan Fic/Pokeumans''. It only makes sense to make him the tournament announcer, where he literally talks in all caps.
- Morgan le Fay of Power Rangers Mystic Knights takes Rita Repulsa's hamminess Up to Eleven. She's been sealed for 1500 years and pretty much embraced her role as a villain, unlike other more "sympathetic" portrayals.
Morgan: ATTENTION! I am Morgan le Fay! And this IS MY CITY!
- Pretty Cure Hollywood Stars has Cure Western. She's particularly hammy in episode 1 when she beats her own high score on the arcade version of the Atari VCS gorefest The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, episode 7 when she yells at Nick that he'll soon be laughing on the other side of his face, episode 9 when she delivers a Sophisticated as Hell theory on how a modern-day Shakespearean play could be possible, and episode 12, where she lets out an Evil Laugh before letting Nick know she sent a homing bullet toward him.
- Leif's Badass Boast in Soulless Shell is delivered IN ALL CAPS in a way which makes it look like an example of overacting, though it probably wasn't meant to (unless it actually is a Troll Fic).
- In Table Top Adventures, Nora insists on playing as a brawny mage named Zoktor the Destroyer.
- Astorath in Sonic X: Dark Chaos pretty much either yells or dramatically enunciates everything he says. Considering the fact he's an expy of the Heavy from Team Fortress 2, it's not entirely out of place.
- Zerael in Tengen Toppa Gurren Solvernia. One reviewer noticed that he manage to out-ham the entire TTGL canon cast!
- Alien Cody in Candy For Your Thoughts, the author said that he would have the same voice than Vegeta.