- Everybody's Dead, Dave : Empress Britta dies in a Curb-Stomp Battle one month before the start of the campaign along with anyone who held any official imperial position.
- Eldritch Horror: Some of the Eternals (Extraplanar magical beings) are pretty much these. The Day realm in particular is known for Go Mad from the Revelation as a side effect of mistakes. Or certain big offensive rituals.
- Our Orcs Are Different
- When Trees Attack: The Navarr used to have cities. Now they're wandering traders and scouts in the Empire. This can be traced back to a magical accident that turned all their cities into omnicidal forests.
- The Dung Ages : It's not Dung, it's LAND and the Marchers are very proud of it.
- Past-Life Memories : The State Religion has been developed from a succession of these, experienced while under the influence of Phlebotinum Pills.
- Higher Understanding Through Drugs: All priest skills are powered by a state-produced drug.
- Teleporters and Transporters: There's only one of them, and the Empire uses it to drop PCs behind enemy lines for small-scale fights.