Just For Fun: Troper Dating Service
"Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match..."
Ever get bored with regular old Shipping
? Sure, it's fun to pair together your favorite characters and all, but everybody's already done it! Besides, it's not like those studio executives
will ever listen to what the fans want. Why bother hoping for something when there's no way to put those shipping dreams to reality?
Ever find TV Tropes to be an impersonal place? Aside from a somewhat active forum and regular YKTTW
screenings, we hardly ever interact to each other directly. Which is a darn shame considering how much we have in common. Go ahead, try finding members of the desired sex in real life who Entry Pimp
for Buffy the Vampire Slayer
, and try to find them on the wiki.
Ever wished you could solve both of these problems at once? Well, worry no more! Welcome to TV Tropes' very own MMMMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Match Making Role Playing Game)!
The idea here is simple. Look at your Contributor Page
. Read it over. Lots of random, irrelevant personal information there, eh? Almost like...a dating profile!? Bingo. Tropers willing to be matched up can add their names to the list and wait to see if any intrepid matchmakers want to try and hook you up. Basic information is, of course, necessary, but nothing more than what you've already put in on your profile and Where Are You From?
. You have filled out that page, haven't you?
Note that any of these ships actually
sailing is complete pie-in-the-sky speculation. We don't expect that to happen so much as we have fun. But if you actually want to try to make these ships a reality, check out IRC chat on Sunday from 6:00 PM to 6:15 PM New York standard time
. That's the official meeting time for swapping e-mails, or whatever. At least until somebody changes it.
This evolved out of a less popular but similar project
Note that this is a dead project
This system is opt-in, although you can specifically exclude yourself by putting a line through your name (like anyone's that popular around here):
- 1angelette: Female/13/Virginia
- AC Drawings : Male/18/USA, From DC Metro area, Living in Kentucky
- Ack Sed : Male/30/UK (Manchester)
- A Crack In Time : Female/16/UK (Sheffield)
- AC Sherman: Male/17/Florence, KY (Soon to be Evansville, IN). I doubt this will be worth anything, but why not?
- Ailia Sparrowhawk: Female/14/Not telling
- Agent Alpha: Male/22/California
- Ajardoor : Male/20/Western Australia (Perth)
- Akriloth2160 : Male/18/Southern England (Hampshire)
- Al Bundy Fan 365 : Male/20/USA (Iowa)
- Alkthash : Male/20/Wisconsin
- Angry Scientist : Male/19/Sydney (Australia)
- Animenutcase: Female/19/Missouri
- Apocalypsering: Male/20/New York
- Ari Rockefeller: Male/28/New Jersey
- Augustine: Male/16/Florida
- Aver: Male/20/The Netherlands
- Azure Ryuujin Male/20/New York (I don't have much to lose after September 2010)
- Banana Pancakes Male/18/Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Bannermanonemillion Male/33/South Carolina
- Baseballfan1456: Male/21/Ohio
- Bertie Dastard: Male/21/UK (Plymouth/Bristol)
- Bio D: Male/16/Amstelveen, The Netherlands (Alright, TV Tropes let's see how far wiki magic goes :P)
- Black Liger : Male/23/Manchester (Britain)
- Bookhobbit : Female/Texas/born '93
- Tropers/Bud0011 : Male/24/New York
- Bufuman : Male/25/Nebraska
- Cantide8405 : Male/26/West Virginia, USA
- Canvas Wolf Doll :Male/Not telling/ Bay Area
- Carbon Pillow :Male/2104/Michigan
- Cata : Male/25/Nottingham, UK
- Chocoholic Encylopedia: Female/15/Shanghai * shrugs* (Might as well give it a shot)
- Computer Sherpa : Male/23/Denver, Colorado
- Conswake :Female/15/Louisiana
- damination: Male/24/Croatia
- dane900: Male/25/Australia (willing to meet you halfway...)
- DanteDyavol: Male/15/Iowa
- darnpenguin: Male/23/Ohio
- Dark Jester 94 : Male/15/ Caracas (Venezuela) never thought that I would break my rule of no dating services...
- Darkmane: Male/23/The Sunny, Sunny State Of Kerala (That's in India in case Artistic License - Geography)
- Darkstarr: Male/mid-40's, thinks life begins at 750/Seattle-Tacoma area, Washington. Warning: Naughty!
- Dave IX: Male/17/Scotland (Glasgow)
- desdendelle: Male/18/Israel
- diamondpokemon: Male/24/California. (No fat chicks.)
- Destructorn: Male/15/ Houston Texas. (This is what happens when I don't have anything better to do).
- DiurnalBrocolli: Male/26/Not Telling...
- Drake Dark Hunter: Male/18/Ontario
- Dread Baron Male/19/ British Columbia
- Duelist925 : Male/22/Oklahoma
- Elecveg : Female/16/Maryland
- Elkian : Female/19/Texas (technically Asexual)
- Endark Culi: Male/20/Ontario
- Enemy Mayan: Male/32/Virginia
- Eponymous Kid : Male/19/California
- Explosivo25 : Female/16/Wisconsin (just doing this for fun and out of curiosity)
- Fawriel : Male/21/Germany (;_;)
- Febel: Male/18/Akron, Ohio, USA
- Fish Of Lightning: Male/13/New Jersey
- Flamewave7 : Male/22/Indiana
- Flarp22 : Male/16/New York (Not really expecting anything to happen but hey, worth a shot)
- Foxx Park : Male/15/South Texas
- Ghost Of Pie Girl Female/13/North Carolina
- Golem The Troper: Male/15/New York
- Glenn Shiraishi:Male/19/Holland (for laughs and chuckles)
- goodtimesfreegrog: Male/20/Finland
- Guest Of Dishonour: Male/16/Australia
- Happy Fork : Male/15/Nevada
- Havoc Thricefold : Female/18/Manitoba
- Heatherly: Female/25/Missouri
- Hitchiker98 : Male/15/New Zealand (Oh look! A possible way to avoid being forever alone! *jumps on it*)
- hnd03: Male/16/Kentucky
- Hotel Kilo : Male/19/Virginia & West Virginia (Why not?)
- hrdcrnwo: Male/17/Western Washington
- Ichigo Pocky Chama: Female/14/Melbourne (Australia)
- IshtarDragon: Female/19/Argentina (I must have become crazy...)
- Insano: Male/17/North Carolina (As if anything will happen!)
- invisible-chan: Female/17/(Southern)California >.> <.< (Not that I'm expecting anything out of this...)
- Isa Chan : Female/14/Oklahoma
- Iverum: Male/18/Indiana
- Jalase: Male/17/Oregon
- J The Great: Female/Teen/Washington (Eh, why not?)
- James Webber: Male/19/Alphaville, Barueri, Sćo Paulo
- Jcatgrl : Female/14/Ohio
- Jedielf : Female/23/Sydney (Australia)
- Jezza: Female/15/ NSW Australia
- Jim674: Male/14/Australia
- John A Dreams : Male/20/Washington
- Johnny Lurg : Male/19/California
- joysweeper: Female/19/Michigan
- JR Pictures: Male/18/Australia
- Juez Holden : Male/24/Florida
- Juancarlos11 : Male/16/ Barranquilla (Colombia)
- Lumennex: Female/15/New Jersey (Hahaha, why not?)
- Luo: Male/28/San Jose, California (This sounds very interesting!)
- Karalora : Female/33/California
- Katrani : Female/17/Indiana
- Kayi Rowling : Female/21/Mexico
- Kebab : Male/16/United Kingdom (Liverpool)
- Kiwikaos : Male/20/Wellington (NZ)
- Klivian : Male/25/Massachusetts
- Kona Kona Fan: Female/15/New Orleans
- Kriegsmesser : Male/19/California (Southern)
- Kyle Jacobs: Male/20/DC Metro Area
- Kiyo: Male/23/California (San Diego)
- Lay Lay : Female/16/Germany
- Limng: Female/14/Ireland
- Lione Fortuna: Male/16/Chantilly, Virginia. (Why not? Seems kinda fun.)
- Lockon Lockon: Male/16/Illinois
- Longfellow : Male/20('90)/USA
- Loon Shia: Male/22/Oop North, Sweden to be more precise.
- Loose Cannon: Male/17/Mississippi
- Lumennex: Female/15/New Jersey (Hahaha, why not?)
- Luo: Male/28/San Jose, California (This sounds very interesting!)
- Mary Leathert: Female/22/Finland
- Matrix : Male/19/British Columbia
- Maxhanno : Male/17/Israel (What they said)
- Metalbane: Male/20/New Jersey
- Midna : Male/15/Texas
- Mike K : Male/28/Massachusetts
- mimichan3 : Female/Late teens/Southeast U.S.A.
- Mister Awesome : Male/22 (as of 2011)/Arizona (Maybe I'll find true love here? Who knows...)
- Monster Dog : Male/32/Reno (via Boston)
- Mouser : Female/21/Kentucky
- Mst3kluv: Female/17/British Columbia
- Mstr Nova X : Male/19/Santa Clarita, California
- Muninn : Male/19/Michigan
- Murky Muse: Female/19/Alabama
- Myles: Male/21/Ontario (southern, that is)
- Nanuq: Male/28/Arizona
- NARF Nra: Male/15/Texas (I'm training to be a Mechanical Engineer. That's gotta count for something!)
- Nathaniel : Male/24/Washington
- Nathaniel The Seeker: Male/19/Finland
- Nekoalexa: Female/19/Delaware
- Newwingstonight: Female/18/New York
- Nexus : Male/29/Texas
- Not-So-Badass Longcoat: Male/'83 model/Warsaw, Poland (not to be confused with Warsaw, NY)
- O Malley : Male/17/Massachusetts
- Opalure: Male/22/Maryland (Doing it on a lark)
- Ozzie: Male/23/St. Paul, MN, USA
- Planet Cool: Male/19/Texas
- Player2is Dead Male/17/Texas/
- Pokey Esper Male/22/Portugal - addicted to tropes, and so bored that he decided to put himself (CALL ME!! LOL)
- Premonition45: Male/26/New Jersey
- Psychokiller : Male/15/Florida
- Pykrete : Male/23/Oregon
- Raidovich: Male/14/California (why I opt for this I have no idea)
- Ray Ayanami: Male/21/California
- Rbx5: Male/18/Massachusetts
- Redcynic: Male/18/Monterey, California. (Hell. Why not?!)
- Ref Pink Dude/13/Southern Ohio
- Reiko Kazama Female/18/Tasmania, Australia (and as a plus, I can cook =3)
- Richierua Male/16/Ireland
- Ross N : Male/27/Ireland
- Revelo : Male/22/Bristol, England
- Reginleifx : Male/18/Argentina.
- Rytex: Male/19/Wichita Falls, TX, USA, North America, Earth, Orion-Cygnus Arm, Milky Way, Gamma Quadrant, The Universe.
- Ryumaru: Male/18/Washington (Felt like trying this. Why not?)
- Sahrimnir: Male/22/Skövde, Sweden
- Saint Gutfree: Female/22/Pennsylvania
- Sam Huddy : Male/20/California
- SanDemonMax: Male/20/Florida
- Sapphire Flame: Male/18/North Carolina
- Saraphyn: Female/18/New Jersey
- Saucy Saucier: Male/21/Indiana (Near Chicago)
- Sayael: Male/15/Malaysia (Oh come on, I was just in Shanghai)
- Sayuri Yamada: Female/17/Mexico (sure, why not?)
- Scrounge : Male/26/Maryland
- scythemantis Male/26/Florida
- Shadic The Hedgehog - Male/22/Ionia, Michigan
- Shannon: Female/18/Minnesota
- Sharysa: Female/21/Alameda, California. (Let's see what happens.)
- Silver1881 - Female/25/Minnesota
- Sir Noob: Male/15/Toronto
- Sir Psycho Sexy : Male/26/New York
- Smerf : Male/27/Seattle
- Sparkysharps: Female/19/Oregon
- SpiriTsunami: Male/21/New Jersey
- starshine Female/20/Massachusetts
- Surenity: Male/24/California
- Sweetness On A Hot Circuit: Female/18/Maryland
- Tachikaze: Male/19/Australia (ACT)
- Tad Bolmont : Male/19/Georgia
- Tasun : Male/17/Florida
- Tandra88: Female/14/Georgia
- teamphineas: Female/15/Chicago
- tehjinx: Male/25/New Jersey
- Thanas Rey : Female/13/New Mexico
- Theanimejunkie 12: Female/14/Pennsylvania (Well, here goes.)
- The Cleave: Male/16/Arizona
- The Great Unknown: Male/20/Pennsylvania
- The Hero Hartmut: Male/21/Ireland (and now I'll observe as this has absolutely no effect whatsoever)
- The Renaissance Raver: Female/22/Eastern Washington State
- The Stupid Exclamation Mark : Male/28/Netherlands
- The Tall One : Female/15/Minnesota
- Those Dancing Days: Female/15/California
- Tigerlillymelody: Female/22/Southern California
- Tiiba: Not Applicable/over 9000/"everywhere and nowhere, like air or radiation"
- Tinweasel : Male/23/Virginia
- Tropers/ Tippy Toe Zombie : Male/20/Florida
- Tobias Drake: Male/23/Denver, Colorado
- Tomoe Michieru : Male/25/Georgia
- Toothbrush64: Male/18/Delaware
- Treuan: Male/17/Texas
- Trogdor7620: Male/18/Australia (Victoria, for those curious)
- Tropical Snow: Female/17/Jamaica
- Trumpy Can Do Magic Things male/21/Ohio
- truteal: Male/20/Australia (the state of Victoria to be precise)
- Tryina D: Female/1?/Indonesia (Central Java, to be more precise)
- tsubasafan : Female/21/Kentucky
- Tvtropesnoob: Male/19/Missouri (not as noobish as he sounds)
- tzecco : Male/22/New Mexico (Eh, what the hell?)
- Urist McDorf: Male/15/Arkansas
- Violet Violin: Female/19/Ohio during summer, Kentucky during school.
- Volatile Chills : Male/19/Melbourne, Australia
- Warrior of Light : Male/17/Illinois
- Wheezy: Male/19/Florida
- Witchdoctor: Male/22/Clifton Park, NY (I'm doing this to see if this actually goes anywhere despite my self-imposed ban on dating websites)
- Zelenal: Male/15/New Mexico
- Zero: Female/19/Pennsylvania (In the lovely city of Pittsburgh)
- Zeta Seal : Female/18/Washington
- Zetta : Female/15/Oregon
- Zpto: Male/21/Portugal
- Sunny Rae: Female/16/West Virginia (Good luck breaking me of my Single-Target Sexuality.)
- Across The Stars: Female/18/Ohio
- Adele Potter : Female/16/Florida (Used to say I'd never do this for real. Has since stopped caring.)
- Aragorn: Female/18/California
- Balrog1911: Male/22/ Near Stuttgart, Germany (and sort of hating it)
- Boolean Earth: Pre-op transgirlnote /17/Colorado (prefers women, but is open)
- Cogito: Male/17/Connecticut-Massachusetts
- Dcoetzee: Male/27/San Francisco, California
- Descendant Of Shinobi - Female/16/Near Augusta, GA (Love is Love.)
- emmaliza : Female/14/Victoria (Australia)
- epicparadox - Female/14/Alberta
- Falconfly: Male/16/FamalicĆ£o (Portugal)
- Fyrewyre - Female/15/Central Minnesota
- Girl Without Hat: Female/14/Mexico
- Goddess Rose: Female 20/Virginia now, moving to Florida next summer.
- Fillede Marius : Female/18/Pennsylvania
- High Five : Female/17/Ontario
- Ironeye : Male/22/California
- Kaywinnet: Female/18/Victoria, Australia
- Lady Sylvan: Female/18/California
- Landscape : Female/16/Maryland
- Leigh Sabio Female/17/Colorado
- M0ther Brain - Female/16/New Jersey
- Marie Arouet: Female/17/Virginia
- Metalitia - Male (but Transsexual)/April 1985 (25 at press time)/New York City (prefers women, but will not mind a man if he's pretty enough)
- Murillion Blue: Female/17/Queensland, Australia
- Designated NPC: Female/23/Hawaii, USA: You like friendly Japanese Bifauxnen, right?
- pathfinder : Male/25/Victoria, Australia (prefers women, but will jump a guy if he's good-looking, interested, and available)
- Pinkbaron : Female/16/Texas
- Purple Panther Girl: Female/14/ South Wales (;_;)
- raekuul : Male/20/Ohio
- Raven Grave : Male/20/Ontario
- Red Wren: Female/16/California
- Rumetzen: Male/14/Austin, Texas
- Shichibukai : Male/20/UK
- Silmarien -Female/19/Down Under, City of Sails
- Snowyalice: Female/19/Melbourne, Australia
- Sparkysharps: Female/20/Oregon
- Taco - Male/15/Columbus, Ohio
- thefrizzlefry: Male/16/Georgia
- Thomas Castle: Male/20/California
- Tidal Wave 17: Male/17/Ohio
- Up On The Hill: Female/20/Buffalo, NY
- Wandering Moon - Female/18/Ontario, Canada
- Windrays : - Male/21/In transition between NYC/Erie/Buffalo/Toronto
- Zetaseal : Female/18/Washington
- Shaera Angeli: Female/19/Sydney (Australia). Prefers guys, but wouldn't mind the right girl.
- rabidroxasfangirl102 : Female/16/USA
- Eponymous Kid x Karalora
- Why: Mesh their personalities. Eponymous Kid is outspoken and yet at times demure and shy- he will strongly state his opinion on a trope proposal but rarely does much in the way of serious edits himself, but is reasonably active in the community. Karalora, by contrast, is a much more entrenched troper, having done more major edits than she can keep track of. She's outspoken on issues that interest her but rarely takes much active part in ones that don't. I love the idea of a Mentor Ship, particularly one with an older, nerdy, rubenesque woman, so hey, don't ruin the fantasy. Bonus points in that they both live in the general LA area.
- Why Not: Well, it breaks the (1/2)x+7 rule about determining ages, but, eh, it's a Mentor Ship. What do you expect?
- John A Dreams x Zetaseal
- Why: This is the general "relatively mundane" troper meets the general "relatively wacky" troper. And let's face it, guys. We're totally at war. Sometiems it feels like we despise one anothern for not having the same interests even though we share this website. But aside from the odd rename proposal, there's not really much to fight about, so we're forced to let it all just fester over until one day we're all buried in volcanic ash. That would suck. But if John A Dreams and Zetaseal hooked up, shared their interests, and realized that artsy thinking stuff like Jorge Luis Borges and technologically fascinating Reboot can co-exist peacefully and happily, there may be hope after all.
- Why not: Or it could blow the whole thing. They may or may not have much in common- not enough info on the Contributor pages to see for sure. What if they decide we can't co-exist peacefully? Then all the wiki will be blown asunder! Also, Marysville is far from Washington, and as has been proven by science, college students don't have enough money to drive that far.
- Haven x William Wide Web
- Why: William Wide Web seems a little too arrogant for his own good. And there's nothing like experienced troper Haven swooping in from across the country to lay the trope-down to get through to him. Haven has trouble remembering things sometimes, and needs someone to help him remember stuff. But somehow, Haven just wouldn't have fun if things were a little too easy. He needs to have fun. And William Wide Web knows how to have fun.
- Why not: As far as we know they're both straight, although that really isn't all that relevant.
- Haven uke, William Wide Web seme
- joysweeper x Bisected8
- Why: A typical 'opposites attract' scenario. A passionate and creative geeky girl meets a relatively dispassionate, logical, and paranoid guy who is also rather geeky. I imagine at first they would hate one another's guts, but then Joy would slowly win Bisected over with her erratic ways and idealistic love of Captain America. They would eventually segue from disdain for one another to passionate arguments about fiction, and then they would be found quietly drawing together while occasionally getting bringing up topics that would sound nonsensical to anyone listening. Eventually, Bisected would create a complicated computer program declaring his undying love.
- Why not: They do, admittedly, have relatively little in common, and I doubt Joy has tickets to England at the ready.
- Vifetoile x Ironeye
- Why: Both exhibit similar writing styles, as well as share a passion for academia, specifically English. They also have in common their preference for speaking about themselves in the third person. These two both live in California, and they are close in age.
- Why not: Ironeye would jump ship the moment someone comes along with a passion for science, since that's the side he's on in the Sciences vs. Humanities war.
- Across The Stars x Bookhobbit
- Why: Both enjoy fantasy, reading, writing, using words with entirely too many syllables, and screwing with what most would call normal sleep schedules. Also, if there is one thing that gets to Across The Stars more than women in uniform, it's shrinking violets. And both live in Ohio.
- Why not: Aside from having the audacity to ship us myself, Bookhobbit's orientation is undetermined, and as I am into girls, this could be a problem. Also, three years age difference.
- Matrix x Darth Matrix x [AOD]
- Why: The Foe Yay is blindingly obvious.
- Why not: Matrix and [AOD] are both straight.
- Suke Sho x Matrix
- Why: Match made in freaking Heaven; kawaii-factor; keeps them away from other poor saps
- Why not: The possibility exists that they might breed.
- Thomas Castle x Low Battery Life
- Why: They're both steampunkers for one; also, Low Battery Life likes Mad Scientists and Castle is a Mad Scientist in training.
- Why not: There is a strong possibility that LBL would overthrow Castle when Castle takes over the world. That would lead to very obvious troubles in bed.
- Drake Dark Hunter x Elecveg
- Why: They could balance each other out. Elecveg is upbeat and naive while Drake Dark Hunter is cynical and self-doubting. Elecveg may be able to help him have a more positive outlook on life, while he might be able to bring her down to earth a little.
- Why not: They might clash completely and kill each other.
The Shipping Manifest. Started by English Ivy
and continued by Suke Sho
and Kris Mahai
, it is a document containing every Ship that has been said. The list grows. Please add comments.
Shipping Manifest (pages 1- 240 at the moment)