Just For Fun: TV Tropes
- Anagram Bin:
- Better Than It Sounds:
- Literate Internet users all over the world sit around for hours trying to remember imaginary (and sometimes not so imaginary) things they either saw or heard many years ago. Although these people could conceivably all be together at a given time, it can take days, weeks, or even months for them to respond to each other, especially if the traffic is bad. Also, their fingers get really sore.
- The cumulative works of people who are either procrastinating or have too much time on their hands write so that other people can procrastinate more effectively.
- Come for the X, Stay for the Y:
- Come for the laughs, stay for the crippling addiction!
- Come to look something up. Stay for the witty remarks.
- Come for the interesting, stay awhile... STAY FOREVER!
- Come to find out what the hell everyone else is talking about, stay because you have no choice.
- Come for the fun, stay because it is a better place to look up media than The Other Wiki is.
- Come because of xkcd, stay because of Wiki Walk.
- Intellectual Property Religion:
- Tropology: "Notability" is an illusion, we judge works not by how familiar they are to society at large, but how they fit the Tropes. All events in life either play straight, subvert, subvert twice, don't subvert, invert, point out, make fun of, deconstruct, reconstruct, ignore, invoke, defy, discuss, mention, enforce, twist, exaggerate, or justify certain patterns. Those who learn to recognize these patterns will become enlightened, but those who fail the journey shall be condemned to eternal damnation.
- Wild Mass Guessingism: Everyone is either Jesus, a Time Lord, Haruhi or Shinji (who can also be The God-Emperor of Mankind) in Purgatory (and said Purgatory is All Just a Dream of an autistic named Tommy Westphall).
- I Read That As:
- TV Ropes Wiki
- TV Toes Wiki
- TV Popes Wiki
- TV Poops Wikis
- TV Tome Wiki
- TV Gropes Wiki
- TV Dupes Wiki
- Warp That Aesop:
- TV Tropes in general:
Analyzing TV shows is an addiction that will ruin your life, but go ahead and do it anyway.
It's okay to be a sarcastic asshole to new members who may not understand how tropes work, since everything is Serious Business here.
- Darth Wiki : Ruining your eyesight and being snarky go hand in hand.
- Warp That Aesop: It's okay to distort the truth and promote bad morality if it entertains you.
- Dethroning Momentof Suck:
One bad episode is all it takes to permanently damage an entire series for a single person.
Lacking a sense of humour is a valid reason for hating something that wasn't made just for you and you alone.
- Nightmare Fuel:
Don't worry, it's more than perfectly okay to read an entire page of things guaranteed to give you nightmares at night, hence the page title!
Children can't handle anything remotely scary in movies or shows made for them. Most are too scary for adults too.
Tropers are gigantic pansies who are afraid of their own shadows.
- Poison Oak Epileptic Trees: Tropers are all sickos.
- Troper Tales:
Complaining about your life on the internet will solve all your problems.
Bragging about being a badass makes you awesome!
- Trope Pantheons:
Anime, video game and cartoon characters are all really Gods who demand your sacrifices.
Anime characters provide the best examples to most tropes, even if the trope has been around since ancient Greece.
Want to circumvent the rules on Tv Tropes? Just make a massive group-written crossover fan fiction.
- TV Tropes in general: