Star War the Third Gathers: Backstroke of the West
Ratio Tile (Obi-Wan Kenobi): The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
is a Recursive Translation
of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
, found in China by this blogger.
The name is taken from the translation of the opening crawl (the original saying, obviously
, "Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith".
Some sentences are absolutely mangled in the translation (read: most of them) while some sentences still have their original meanings intact. This particular bootleg has been subject to Memetic Mutation
, perhaps the most famous example being "do not want"◊
A fanmade Hong Kong Dub
using the same script also exists, with even lulzier results.
Note: Only tropes about this particular translation should be put here. Anything on the proper translation should go on the proper page.
Provides examples of:
- Awesome McCoolname: Allah Gold.
- Bad Boss: The Space General threatens to feed dog to his troops◊—who are robots.
- Big Stupid Doodoo Head: The Space General refers to Allah Gold as "smelly boy"◊.
- Boomerang Bigot: Mace Windu says, "We can never compromise to black."
- Cool Airship: There are no spaceships here, just airships. With elephants in them.◊
- Department of Redundancy Department: A lot, most notably with Darth Vader's alternate name.
- Gratuitous German: The Pudding would be aller strong and big than anyone.◊
- Ho Yay: This video combines several scenes of Ho Yay.
- Hulk Speak: Ratio Tile expresses how civilised he is.◊
- Human Sacrifice: Count Dooku would like to sacrifice Allah Gold.◊
- I Have Many Names: Obi-Wan is alternately called "The Willing to Compares" and "Ratio the Tile." The opening scroll also calls him "Ratio Prosperous."
- Large and in Charge: Size equals authority and power in this universe.◊
- Obligatory Swearing: Particularly bad since the original film had no swearing in the first place.
- One Steve Limit: Averted by R2. Not only does he share his normal name with all the other astromech droids, he's also referred to as "Reach the man", which is also the name of...the original film's Darth Plagueis.
- Religion is Magic: The Force does not exist. There is only The Wish Power.◊
- Spell My Name with a "The": Possibly the most triumphant example; Count Dooku was renamed to simply "the".
- Translation Train Wreck: Does not even begin to cover it. Let's see what some of the names were translated to:
- Jedi Council -> Presbyterian Church
- Jedi Knight -> Hopeless Situation Warrior
- Anakin Skywalker -> Allah Gold
- Obi-Wan Kenobi -> Ratio Tile
- General Grievous -> Space General
- Chancellor Palpatine -> The Speaker D / The Pudding
- Padmé Amidala -> It Gets the Rice
- C-3PO -> Blow the Skin
- Chewbacca -> Drag Along
- Darth Vader -> Reaching the West of Reaches
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: D is cited as holding at least 5 different positions throughout the movie, being called both the Speaker and Prime Minister of the Senate, as well as being the Governor of the city of Coruscant (but only the city), as well as being Emperor of the West- and at the end he forms the Empire of the First Choice.
- Word Salad Title: Due to being mangled in the translation, of course.
- You Can Say That Again: Allah Gold says this word-for-word◊ to The Pudding.
- Your Cheating Heart: It Gets the Rice accuses Allah Gold of having an affair,◊ but he denies it.◊
- Of course, an earlier scene had D telling Allah Gold, "This will be an unprecendented affair."