- Hole in the Wall, a ridiculous game show which had its start in Japan and has also cropped up in the US, Australia and Europe. Also in Argentina with the name El muro infernal ("The wall from hell"). UKGameshows.com usually follows up any mention of Hole in the Wall (the game's UK variant) with a picture of Wile E. Coyote pondering a Roadrunner-shaped hole.
- In one episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Salem, who is practicing Tae-Bo, gets thrown out of Sabrina's room by Billy Blanks, leaving a hole in the door.
- Referenced in an episode of Friends:
Monica: What would you have done if I had said yes?
Chandler: Well, I would've been happy, because I would've been able to spend the rest of my life with the woman that I love. Or, you would've seen a Chandler-shaped hole in that door.
- Referenced in The West Wing:
Leo: You know, it was a screw up, but I got to say I love the way he did it — full speed, bam. Like there's a Sam Seaborn-shaped hole in the wall.
- In the Married... with Children episode "If I Can See Me Now", Al does this to Jefferson off-screen when he answers an on-air quiz due to Al recently developing severe astigmatism.
- In one of the Courtney sketches on The Amanda Show, Courtney drives her piano teacher insane, and she runs away and leaves a hole shaped like herself after Courtney climbs into her coat and scares her.
- In Doctor Who, there actually is a Christmas-Tree-shaped hole in the wall after the Christmas Tree attacks in "The Christmas Invasion". Possibly justified in that the "tree" is actually a spinning metal grinder disguised as a tree.
- Referenced in an episode of The Daily Show, in a segment dealing with the ahead of schedule establishment of the new Iraqi government. "The first official act of the new government was fixing the [Paul] Bremer-shaped hole in the wall."
- Despite the realistic nature of the show (and the rest of the episode's failure to leave anything except a realistic hole), when Warehouse 13's Claudia crashes into a copy of the B&B within the warehouse, Pete mentions that he sees a "Claudia-shaped" hole in the roof.
- In a special Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger short, the accidentally fused Captain Marvelous and Gai decide to pull of a 35 Red Ranger Gokai Change. When he gets to Red Racer, he fights the Mooks so fast that he ends up running through a wall.
- In part 2 of the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers episode, "Storybook Rangers", Bulk and Skull do this in a hilarious manner when they escape from their newly created homemade monster, Turkey-Jerk.