- Iriana Estchell fits the typical characteristics, but she's not EXACTLY sick. However, she only has a handful of non-artificial organs and is very limited in the physical activities she's capable of doing, and will definitely go into a coma after five minutes outside. Why? Because she was made for the sole purpose of being the titular mech's pilot, without the intent of ever leaving it. Her body IS capable of regeneration mostly as a side-effect of her internal recycling so as to not require nutrients, but her source of energy is the mech. Without her battery, she's essentially immortal inside her Ilivais, but if she stays out too long, she'll eventually die.
- The Buildingverse (Roommates, Girls Next Door etc.) has several more-or-less-seriously ill-people who play on this trope (but the illnes won't be fatal as the Nobody Can Die rule is in effect): Mag (She is permanently blind); Satine (Has Victorian Novel Disease); Jareth (when he caught the magical cold made an insufferably cute Ill Boy too... He Got Better; later he also got mortally wounded by a Weapon of X-Slaying).
- Everyone in Bay 12 Katawa Shoujo Roleplay and the sequel Katawa Shoujo Gaiden.
- Toki was dying from leukemia during the events of Flashbacks I. She gets better but the effects are still there. She is also frequently ill due to having what Amoridere describes as a "wiped immune system".
- We have Anwen von Eyre from Killerbunnies and she is ill with a progressive illness that will eventually take her life. She turned to villainy to find a cure if not something that will prolong her life.