Ill Girl / Fan Fiction
Aren't they a little young to share a bed? Yes. Yes they are.
- In the Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfic Three Years At Sea, Zuko was "sickly" for most of his childhood, making him appear even weaker in comparison to Azula in his father's eyes.
- Lance Wabisuke-Hamilton from One Piece: Parallel Works has a mysterious illness that causes him to fall asleep at random times and makes him physically weak. However, Word of God states that Lance's condition is not life-threatening.
- Tim in His Own Personal Heaven was diagnosed with colitis and fell out of touch with all his friends. He could only find consolation in fantasizing about himself with six colorful mares.
- Paul in the Pokemon fanfic Travels of the Trifecta (yes, THAT Paul) spends chapters 3 to 7 suffering from a severe cold/flu and later begins to cough up blood periodically. This is a sign that he has inherited the terminal illness that his mother died from.
- Twitchy in the Homestuck fanfiction series Golden Age frequently has seizures and appears to have brain-damage. This is because the Alternian Empire planted a psychic centipede-type thing in his head to track and disable the United Galaxies ship.
- Naruto in the fic A Parent's Worst Nightmare Come True, where is he is diagnosed with cancer.
- In the Touhou Project fanfiction Reimu's Illness, because of her unstable (it is described as being up and down) health, Reimu falls ill with tuberculosis, human enterovirus 68, and viral meningitis and she is so sick that she's had to be transferred to a hospital in the city and be placed in something called an isolation box (which is akin to an incubator for premature infants).
- In Gensokyo 20XX, she has been plagued with colds, depression, and various other ailments, even lack of sleep and appetite, requiring her to take so many medications to no avail. Ultimately, she was hospitalized and the doctors did all they really could.
- In 20XXI, Eirin, due to stress, was starting to become this, developing some anemic condition as a result of stress, but she commits suicide before it becomes an issue
- In 20XXII, Keine is revealed to have died of an illness consisting of "pneumonia and lumps in her lungs", Aya dies of heart-attack caused by illness and stress, and Koishi started to become this.
- In 20XXIII and later on 20XXIV, after the nukes are dropped, Sakuya dies of radiation sickness.
- In 20XXIV, Reimu's mother, Reiko, dies of a long term illness. Earlier, she was ill with radiation sickness before it dissipated.
- Reimu (post age-regression) becomes this once again in Gensokyo 20XXV, after living in The Forbiddens for some time, and it was noted that she has been sick off and on.
- From 20XXV, we have Yume Ni, in the aftermath of Chen's "The Reason You Suck" Speech. From what is said, she has a chronic illness and later on passed away. Later one, we have Ran, although, unlike the aforementioned Yume Ni, her illness isn't terminal, although it is hindering
- Doing It Right This Time: As in the original timeline, Sakura got hurt during the battle against Sachiel. However her wounds were less severe and her arm was put in a cast (rather her legs) thanks to Touji trying to keep her out of danger.
- In the story It's not the Raptor DNA, Elise's sister was this towards the end of her life. According to Dr Gerry Harding, she was born with a weak skeleton, and couldn't have survived past a certain age. Elise's attempts to help her actually backfire and worsen things in the long run.
- From Kill la Kill AU, we have Satsuki, as a result of stress taking a toll on her health. The first time is when she had appendicitis and the second time is when she has Tuberculosis. Later, in comic 41, we have this Ryuuko, after she makes a wish to be the sick one instead of Sats. This is also the subject of a more recent fanfiction where Ryuuko becomes ill and has to be hospitalized for tests. Although, as of chapter 9, it was revealed she had some unknown illness, which turned into septicemia, the which would have and probably could have killed her.
- Ruby Rose in the RWBY Henceforward AU was stabbed straight through her spine with Blake Belladonna's Gambol Shroud. Though she narrowly avoids death and paralysis, this inhibits her physical capabilities to an extreme degree. Her reflexes are dulled, she can only lift half her body weight, and she must avoid any more physical trauma if for fear of the damage worsening. This keeps her from achieving her dream of becoming an official huntress and forces her to heavily redesign her weapon and fighting style to manage any sort of combat effectiveness. Funnily enough, though, is she probably worries about her condition the least and still makes a few reckless moves similar to those she would make in her youth (though she has attained a new sort of eerie grace in her fighting that she never had before). Her partner and possible lover, Weiss Schnee, is the one constantly keeping note of Ruby's condition and doing everything she can to make sure Ruby keeps from overdoing it.
- Stella Squalo from the KHR fanfic Polaris is an example of this. She has some unspecified disease that breaks her body down gradually from birth, and she uses Mist Flame illusions for most of her life to keep her body from failing. When she does die, and the illusion breaks, her body is a rotting corpse with maggots in her flesh and exposed bone.
- From one Kill la Kill fic, titled Asuka, we have this with either Satsuki or Ryuuko (it's never made clear which), who was diagnosed with something that is described to be "chronic sans cure" and she succumbs to her illness in the end
- A similar thing occurs with Ryuuko in an unrelated fic titled Raindrops, as her sister Satsuki remembers the events leading up to her death. Satsuki herself becomes one in the sequel Sunshine when it's mentioned that at first she was in the terminal stages of leukemia and, later on passes away.
- This is implied to be the case with Ryuuko, in the fic titled stop, come back, stay with me - (please) considering she was hospitalized for something and required a surgery.
- From Highly Questionable Decisions, we have Satsuki to some extent with her allergies and nearsightedness.
- From Maim de Maim, as we find out in one chapter, Ragyo's mother who suffered from routine staff infections that was mentioned to have physically aged her "worse than an average chain smoker". Said staph infections were due to her life fiber prosthesis not syncing with her body properly.
- In the fanfic Endless Numbered Days, there is Satsuki and her lung cancer. She later passes away.
- In Through Thick and Thin, Ryuuko has what is implied to be cancer, which, in a prequel, was later on stated to be Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Later on, in the sequel, Piano Notes, there is Satsuki, although it isn't too particularly clear as to what she has but, apparently, she needed surgeries and was critically ill for a time.
- Satsuki in Paper Cranes is sick with something Ryuuko doesn't know about. Through the progression of the latter's letters, she grows sicker, eventually landing in the hospital. She would be released but then she would be hospitalized again, after passing out at while out with Ryuuko seeing cherry blossoms. Later on, we find out that Satsuki was sick with and dying of heart failure and kept it a secret because she didn't want Ryuuko to kill herself so her heart could be used in a transplant..
- In I Never Really Knew, Ryuuko is ill with something, said something being a brain tumor
- Satsuki in the fic "Batteries" was mentioned to have had a decline in her health, leading for her to suffer from pneumonia and, later, to become asthmatic
- In Lucky For Hope, we have this with Mako, who is slowly dying from DTR (Deteriorating Tremor Rebounds), Gamagoori who has a form of leukemia, apparently Shiro, although he isn't showing any external symptoms if that be the case, Nonon, although not sick per se, is suffering the side-effects of clinical trials, and Uzu seems to be ill with something or the treatment thereof affected his breathing and eyes (his eyes are described as "smoky" and has breathing tubes in his nose).
- In Distance, we have Sakura, who is ill with leukemia, and Deidara who is dying of a terminal illness.
- Pictures is the Phineas and Ferb collabfic Sick in Bed, where Phineas and Isabella catch a virus, and are bedridden together for the whole story.
- As the Wind Blows, has Mako and Shiro at different points and both pass away (Mako writing her diary entry shortly before she passes). Explainable in that they are elderly and what they have is likely age-related.
- In Dangerverse, Danger and Harry both have lupus as a result of having a version of the werewolf curse that does not result in actually turning into a werewolf. It' s not usually an issue, but there have been instances where they have gotten extremely ill.