Idiot Ball: Professional Wrestling
aka: Pro Wrestling
- After a rift with Arn Anderson, Ric Flair recruited Sting to be his partner in a tag match against Anderson and Brian Pillman at WCW Halloween Havoc 1995. Sting accepted. Then, as soon as he tagged Flair, he got himself an old-fashioned Horseman Beatdown.
- It should be noted that Sting has fallen for this sort of ploy consistently throughout most of his nearly-30-year career. It seems, whenever this situation presents itself, Sting actively looks for the Idiot Ball.
- Lex Luger carried it frequently in his WWF stint, but the worst instance of them all was when he had to fight off rumors of selling out to Ted DiBiase. The loudest voice of said rumors happened to be Tatanka. The two faced off at SummerSlam '94 with the Native American coming out on top. After the match, Luger still couldn't figure out what the Million Dollar Man had to do with this.. until Tatanka beat him up post-match.
- Randy Savage carried it in the 1993 Royal Rumble. After dropping his flying elbow on Yokozuna, he went for a pinfall. Problem is, pins do not count in a Royal Rumble match. Yoko powered out of the pin, sent the Macho Man over the top, and secured a WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania IX.
- Any time a wrestler falls for a scheme or picks a fight or does anything wrong when simply watching the show would have fixed the situation. For example, Wrestler A shoves Wrestler B into B's good friend Wrestler C. C gets pissed and thinks B has betrayed him, when simply watching the video footage of A shoving B would prove it as all an accident.
- During Goldberg's string of squash victories, it was common for wrestlers who could actually knock him down to immediately turn their backs on him and celebrate, giving him ample time to get back up and prepare to hit the Spear.
- CM Punk trusting Paul Heyman. No, wait, scratch that, ANYONE trusting Paul Heyman besides Brock Lesnar, and even he's gotten the shaft from Heyman at one point. You'd think after establishing his well-known Chronic Backstabbing Disorder thanks to his I Fight for the Strongest Side mentality, people would know better.