Ho Yay / Star Wars Expanded Universe
For Ho Yay
moments from original EU, see Star Wars Legends
- Luke and Han have a few longing stares in Episodes IV and V.
- Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan/Anakin are both popular. Say what you will: George has figured out how to take Ho Yay out of the level of Fanservice for the ladies and some men and actually have it be meaningful, such as Obi-Wan's "I loved you," which was a response to Anakin's bitter "I hate you!" for being left by him to burn near a river of lava. Both of them feeling betrayed by the other.
- There's quite a bit between C-3PO and R2-D2 as well, with the theory of the two being closet homosexuals being very popular for a long time.
- Poe and Finn in The Force Awakens. The Resistance X-Wing pilot and Stormtrooper defector bond almost immediately, with Poe even giving Finn his name (he had previously been called just FN-2187).
- After the TIE fighter they were escaping in gets shot down and crashes, their ejection seats land in different places. Finn believes Poe is dead, and vice versa. When they reunite, it is with a mutual Glomp and both look ecstatic to see each other alive and well. Finn had also been wearing Poe's jacket, the only thing he recovered from the wreckage. When he tries to return it, Poe tells him to keep it (after giving him a lip-bitten smoldering look), saying it looks good on him.
- This goes on outside the film, as is revealed that some writers of the show actually do ship them together. Oscar Isaac, the actor who played Poe, has already stated that he believes tha Poe does indeed have feelings for Finn, and some of the Ho Yay of the plot, is due to the fact that he acted as such.
- Gun-toting mercenary Baze and blind stave-master Chirrut in Rogue One are very close. When Baze wishes Chirrut luck, Chirrut's reply is "I don't need luck; I have you." When Chirrut dies near the end, it's in Baze's arms, while Baze implores him to be all right. Baze subsequently recites Chirrut's mantra and slaughters the entire squad of Death Troopers in seconds; when the last one dies clutching an armed grenade, Baze looks back at Chirrut's corpse as it explodes.