- Mai and Mikoto, two of the lead trio of characters, get quite a few of these moments in both the anime and manga continuities. In the anime, Mikoto pretty clearly develops a crush on Mai, but Mai mostly sees Mikoto as a little sister.
- Early on in the manga, Yuuichi is forced into Innocent Cohabitation with Mai and Mikoto due to the boys' dorm suffering extensive damage from battle. One of the first reactions Mikoto has is to grab Mai's breasts from behind and angrily shout: "These are MINE". It gets even more blatant when the two of them are sleeping, because, with Yuuichi in the room, There Is Only One Bed, and Mikoto is... shall we say, grabby, in her sleep. Funny thing is, it seems less of a romantic thing, and more of Mikoto being a really big fan of Marshmallow Hell.
- Mai and Natsuki also have an almost Belligerent Sexual Tension dynamic, reminiscent of Usagi and Rei.
- A conversation between Mikoto and Yukino near the mid-point of the anime suggests that their respective admirations for Mai and Haruka may be a little more than "just friendly". When Mikoto states that she likes Mai, and that she also "likes" Yukino, Yukino blushes and says, "No, that's not what I meant." The interactions between Haruka and Yukino in the manga, however, leave very little to the imagination.
- In the sound dramas, Shizuru gets the chance to size Mai for a bra, and apparently greatly enjoys doing so. Mai, according to Natsuki, despite shouting protests all through it, inwardly enjoys being felt up by Shizuru.
Ho Yay / Mai-HiME
aka: Mai-Hi ME
Mai-HiME: a series for fans who like their magical girl shows with healthy amounts of Les Yay.