It's only natural to find mass amounts
of fangirlish squealing in a series that's rampant with teenage guys running covered in sweat while passing balls to one another in a contact sport. Not to mention the overall lack of female presence and each character's obsession
- Kagami/Kuroko is the obvious one, as the metaphor between 'Light' and 'Shadow' (and Kuroko declaring that he exists to bring Kagami into the light and writing in huge letters on the school courtyard that he'll make Kagami the best basketball player in Japan) and their gradual trust and closeness that culminates in them re-exchanging vows to bring the Generation of Miracles to the ground after their huge defeat by Touou.
- Aomine/Kuroko as well, continuing the Super Special ahem, Suspicious Relationship between a Light and a Shadow. Kuroko is shown, later on, to genuinely want Aomine to love playing basketball again and Aomine is seen often seeing Kuroko's face in other opponents.
- Kuroko is the only teammate Aomine has a First Name Basis with, and continue doing so even after their separation.
- Aomine specifically went to visit Kagami just to spat about his dim light and remark how sad it was for Tetsu, one would think he come all the way there just to say Kagami is not worthy of Kuroko.
- Of course, Aomine and Kagami have this a respectable quantity.
- Practically all of the Generation of Miracles seem to be sheer Ho Yay magnets:
- Not to mention the Teikou/New-School pairings (examples include: Kise/Kasamatsu, Midorima/Takao, Aomine/Sakurai, Murasakibara/Himuro) of which Kuroko/Kagami is an example.
- The "See You Next Week" message at the end of each episode of the anime comes with an image that panders to all the Ho Yay in the series. Behold.
- Seeing as how Aida and Momoi are the only named girls in the show and all the guys are taken...
- Add in the hot springs trip where they end up in each other's faces, naked, with their breasts pressed together, and their hips almost touching.
- Also throw in Alex kissing Riko directly on the lips.
- Kise and Kasamatsu bickers like an old married couple. Assuming that the picture at the end of Episode 4 is intended as Ship Tease for Yaoi Fangirls, then the Episode 3 picture that features Kise and Kasamatsu bickering over the phone is also this.
- Murasakibara/Akashi. Although one-sided most of times from Murasakibara's side. He didn't present at a point in the Interhigh tournament because Akashi told him so. In many official art it seems his gaze is focused on Akashi. Many official art that's focused on Generation of Miracles depict him side by side with Akashi. Most of times, he's ignorant, but who explained how Emperor Eyes works? Murasakibara. He's always seen at matches involving Rakuzan. Also at the final of the Winter Cup he's the only Generation of Miracles member that is not cheering for Seirin, that can be translated he's remaining loyal to Akashi. Also in a shop, there's one banner depicting Akashi sitting on Murasakibara's shoulder. His study method too, is something Akashi taught him, as depicted in one CD drama.
- Or maybe isn't that one-sided. In the same CD drama Akashi did made him some snack in the school laboratory.
- Nijimura/Haizaki. it was more popularized in fact that only Nijimura can make Haizaki do the right thing, as well picking the latter up at his home when he's skipping. It's also worth noting that Fujimaki changed Nijimura's birthday to 10 July, so he would be a Cancer, making Nijimura/Haizaki is another Cancer/Scorpio set and if you're into astrology you know the compatibility of that set is high (which is why Midorima willingly let Takao approach him) . Also newest character data states that Haizaki isn't really good at handling Nijimura. Really, now?
- Last but not least, Akashi/Kuroko