Ho Yay: Beyblade
I've travelled a long road to get here, Tyson. This is my life's work. Everything I've seen and everything I've done - and it all starts and ends with you.
- Kai being just a touch dramatic
- Beyblade has subtext between Kai and Tyson. There was also much Ho Yay to be had in Season 3 to the point of Tyson even having a dream in which Kai congratulated him by hugging him.
- To elaborate: Takao / Tyson is always the first one to try and get Kai to open up to the rest of the group, and easily the most hurt by Kai's brief Face-Heel Turn in season one, outright crying when Kai turns his back on them in front of the Abbey. Their season three match involves a fair bit of soulful staring and a vision of them waking up on a beach together under a meteor shower (among other things). The dub even has Max and Ray snarking about them sounding Like an Old Married Couple.
- Then there's Wyatt / Minami, whose attitude towards Kai blurs the line between fanboying and outright guycrush. It leads to him being an Unwitting Pawn for the villains and either dying or being instutionalised depending on which version you're watching. This weighs on Kai considerably during his fight against Goki / Cyber-Dranzer - when he sees Goki's Mind-Control Eyes, he starts having flashbacks and finds himself unable to fight. Even after he snaps out of it, he can't match Cyber-Dranzer...until Goki actually insults Wyatt, at which point Kai goes into Unstoppable Rage. To top it off, his victory is accompanied by a montage of their scenes together.
- There is also a lot of subtext between Kai and Rei.
- And then there is Max, who is rather fond of tackling Tyson to the ground.
- Excuse me if I blow anyone's mind because I am here to make a case for Cyber Dragoon x Dragoon. That's right. Bit-beast shipping. I just think that they got WAY too physical with their fight, like Dragoon getting draped on CD's arm. Or the simple fact that Dragoon didn't want to end the battle, going as far as disobeying Tyson. I don't think that ever happened before or again.
- There's also Tyson/Kenny. Kenny blushes a lot whenever he's complimented by Tyson.
- Brad Best and A. J. Topper have moments of this.