Hey Its That Voice: The Lion King
The Mexican Spanish dub is notable for not using celebrities
in the dub and relying entirely on professional voice actors, and it's also considered by many critics in Mexico as one of the best Mexican dubs on history.
- Adult Simba is Darkwing Duck, Speed Racer, Shaggy and the Fourth Doctor.
- Adult Nala is Saori Kido/Athena, Quinn Morgendorfer, Sailor Venus and Momiji Fujimiya.
- Young Nala is Kana Iwata, Yumi and Ino Yamanaka. Her singing voice is Bubbles.
- Young Simba (his singing voice) is voiced by the Afro-Mexican singer Kalimba Marichal, years before he became a singer and when he was a voice actor instead. He also voiced young Keiichi Morisato and Chicken Little.
- Zazu is Genzo Wakabayashi in the original 80s series.
- Mufasa was Master Splinter in the 80s series and Marcelius Wallace.
- Scar was Dr. Spock, Shere Khan, and Grampa Simpson. In the BD version, he's Marcus Fenix.
- Sarabi is Queen Beryl.
- Banzai is Kouji Kabuto, Pegasus Seiya, Touji Suzuhara and Vinnie.
- Shenzi is Zim and Cologne in the BD version.
- Pumbaa is voiced by Francisco Colmenero, who has narrated many Mexican dubs since the 1960s. Lately he's been Bilbo Baggins. He also voice the gopher who works for Zazu.
- Timon is Launchpad and Will Turner.
- Rafiki is Spike Spiegel in the TV series.
- Young Kiara is Hinata Hyuga.
- Adult Kovu is Zabuza Momochi and Captain Jack Sparrow. His young version is Billy
- Nuka is Trunks.
- Young Vitani is Rei Ayanami in the remasterized version and Juniper Lee.
- Adult Vitani is Goku, Gohan and Goten as kids, Daria Morgendorfer and Nobita Nobi.
The European Spanish dub of the first movie was a complete All-Star Cast
. Many consider this THE best European Spanish dub for a Disney movie ever
. For many, it even surpasses
- Adult Simba is voiced by Sergio Zamora, who just like his Mexican peer, is Darkwing Duck, and also Light Yagami and Ichigo Kurosaki. He's also the regular voice actor of Jude Law, Joaquin Phoenix and Matthew Mcconaughey, among many others.
- Mufasa was voiced by the late Constantino Romero, one of Spain's most beloved voice actors of all time, as well as a successful TV host. To summarize, he voiced Darth Vader, the T-100, Roy Batty and disturbingly enough, Judge Frollo. He was also the regular voice actor of Clint Eastwood. Romero said pretty often that Mufasa was one of his absolute favorite roles.
- Adult Nala was voiced by Marta Barbarà, who played Jasmine, Pocahontas and Esmeralda. That's right. She voiced FOUR Disney female leads in a row. She even voiced Princess Odette and Anastasia around the same time. Even more impressive, she nailed every single one of them!
- Young Nala, on the other hand, was voiced by Graciela Molina, one of Spain's most recognizable voice actress thanks to her unique beautiful voice. She played Ariel, and she's the regular voice actress of Kirsten Dunst, Amy Adams and Christina Ricci, among others. She's the One-Scene Wonder of the movie for Spaniard voice acting enthusiasts.
- Scar was voiced by Ricard Solans, who is the regular voice actor for Robert De Niro, Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino and Sylvester Stallone. He's specially effective in villain roles, and shows what he's made of in this film.
- Timon was voiced by Alberto Mieza, who later would become the regular voice actor of David Schwimmer and Steve Carell. This was arguably his Star-Making Role.
- Pumba was voiced by Miguel Ángel Jenner, another very popular and recognizable voice actor who played Lumiere, Gimli and is the regular voice actor of Samuel L. Jackson and Jean Reno. Interestingly enough, he was completely Playing Against Type, since he's arguably THE Spain's ultimate Badass Baritone. And yet, this is one of his most beloved roles.
- Rafiki was voiced by Juan Fernández, the regular voice actor of Eddie Murphy and Rick Moranis.
- Sarabi was voiced by Mercedes Montalá, the regular voice actress of Julia Roberts, Sharon Stone, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michelle Pfeiffer.
- Shenzi was voiced by María Dolores Gispert, who's the regular voice actress for, fittingly enough, Whoopi Goldberg.
- Banzai was voiced by Antonio García Moral. Another recognizable voice actor who's voiced regularly Kevin Spacey, Joe Pesci and Willem Dafoe.
- Even Sarafina (Nala's mom), who has one single line in the entire movie, is voiced by Maria Luisa Solá, one of Spain's best voice actresses of all time! She's the regular voice actress of Glenn Close, Sigourney Weaver, Susan Sarandon and Diane Keaton. She was also Princess Leia.
- In the second movie, young Kiara was voiced by Michelle Jenner (Miguel Ángel Jenner's daughter) who years later would played Hermione and become a famous live-action actress in Spain.
- Young Kovu was voiced by Masumi Mutsuda (a Spaniard voice actor of Japanese descendent) who later played young Anakin Skywalker.
- The case of adult Kiara and adult Kovu is particularly hilarious, since their voice actors are actually siblings! Albeit since voice actors' identities in Spain are pretty unknown for the most part, even more back when the movie was released, no one was squicked.
- Kiara's voice actress is Nuria Trifol, another recognizable voice actress in Spain. She's the regular voice actress of Anne Hathaway, Keira Knightley, Natalie Portman, and of course, Neve Campbell. She's also dubbed a lot of anime characters, such a Chi, Mima Kirigoe, Maya Ibuki and Misa.
- Kovu's voice actor is Albert Trifol, who was the regular voice actor of Leonardo DiCaprio in his first movies, as well as the voice of Shinji Ikari.
Like the Mexican Spanish dub, the Russian dub relies only on professional voice actors and is also generally considered one of the best, particularly for clever casting choices.