Heroic BSOD: Web Animation
Because the web can be a dangerous place to be a hero...
- Shandala goes through a serious one in Broken Saints after her adopted brother is killed as result of her own actions. Considering she's also surrounded by mysterious foreigners on a boat half an ocean away from the only home she's ever known, it's even less surprising.
- In Red vs. Blue, the Reds eventually discover the true purpose of their battles: They're basically labrats and are set up in situations to train the Freelancer and see how the Freelancer would act in that situation. They also discover that the Reds and Blues were intentionally chosen to be idiots to make things easier for the Freelancers. After Sarge realizes what this means, he winds up hastily constructing a Red Base out of scrap parts, deciding that if he's trash, he should be a sergeant of trash. He also relinquishes his rank as leader of his trio.
- Koden goes through a temporary one in the DSBT InsaniT episode 'The Camping Webisode' after he discovers the gang's campsite has been trashed.
- In If The Emperor Had A Text To Speech Device, the Emperor shuts down after realizing what the Imperium has turned into and that he actually started the Inquisiton. Worried Custodian spends a few hours poking him with a halberd before getting any reaction and the second thingnote the Emperor does after recovering is ordering the Inquisition to be disbanded.
- In the Team Service Announcement Class Balance, the BLU Medic can only stare in horror upon seeing his worst nightmare come true: his entire team is nothing but Snipers.
- Both Scrooge and Vegeta, undergo this in episodes 3 and 7 of Ducktalez, respectively. Scrooge, because he failed his nephews, and Vegeta does this because he let Scrooge down.
- In Dreamscape, Dylan goes through a couple of them in his tale of his experience in the Unworld.