- The fact that Shulk's friends will continue to follow him into Sword Valley—where sits their enemy's forward fort—even when he tells them that if they wish to stop here, they have every right to do so.
- The scenes after the party gets split up after arriving to the Fallen Arm are full of these moments:
- Shulk gives Fiora her first kiss and is so overjoyed that she's back and remembers him, as indicated by him hugging her.
- Sharla raises Reyn's spirits after he tells her of the confict he has for not being able to fulfill his promise of protecting Shulk. Soon enough he's back in action.
- Specifically, Reyn says he's worried that Shulk doesn't need him anymore now that he has the Monado and gotten stronger than him. Not five minutes later, he and Sharla pull a Big Damn Heroes moment, backing Shulk up as he desperately tries to get the Monado working again to protect Fiora from a Mechon patrol. Evidently, Shulk still needs his friends after all.
- Dunban asks Melia how she's doing and she replies that she's fine, but Riki insists to make camp since he's tired and hungry. Gilligan Cut to the three around a campfire with Melia in a very deep sleep and Riki catching fish. Dunban quickly figures out that Riki knew just how tired Melia was, even though she wouldn't admit it.
Fiora: Dear brother...
- On that note, the entire conversation between Riki and Dunban right after that scene, the most unlikely Odd Friendship in the game. Being able to bond over their parenting experiences was d'awwww worthy, and the absolutely lovely music box rendition of Riki's theme that plays during that moment seals the deal.
- And one more for Dunban, when he finally reunites with his little sister.
- The Machina of the hidden village welcoming Shulk and co. with open arms, even if they are initially suspicious of these "people of Mechonis".
- For Melia, Kallian's death and the last thing he says to his sister. Also doubles as a Tear Jerker due to the beautiful music. And immediately afterward, Melia is almost unable to contain herself when she hugs Riki after he said he was the only other one to hear Kallian's parting words to her.
- Many Heart-to-Hearts are full with these (unless you decide to choose the jerkass-ish or horrifically stupid dialogue options).
Shulk: ...Wh-what was that, Riki?!
- One of the highlights of these is the final one between Shulk and Riki, where Shulk laments how he doesn't have a family waiting for him back home after their adventure's over. Riki's immediate response? Tell Shulk if he wants him to be his daddypon and become part of his family.
Riki: Shulk can live with Riki and Oka, then Shulk have family waiting! Shulk never get sad again!
Riki: Shulk not like Riki's idea? Riki very, very sorry, Shulk. Riki only want to see Shulk happy...
Shulk: No, it's not that... Thank you, Riki. Thank you so much. No one's ever asked me to be a part of their family...
Riki: Shulk not worry anymore! Riki want to always see big Hom Hom smile from ear to ear!
Shulk: (You are a great friend, Riki...)
- Restoring Colony 6 and sending more immigrants to live there brings warms feelings seeing all sorts of different species coming together. Not to mention the fact that the colony's theme becomes more and more livelier as you do so.
- Shulk and Fiora have unique dialogue when healing each other in battle. Awww.
- Fiora's final skill tree being entirely devoted to buffs she gets from Shulk being in the active party. It is all unique to her so you cannot link them with other party members. It is both kind of funny and super-sweet.
- Shulk and Fiora's after battle chat when they're the only two in the party, particularly when they're alone on the Fallen Arm.
Shulk: Fiora, don't overdo it!
Fiora: You're always worrying! But thanks.
- It is probably safe to say that Fiora and Shulk are a major source of "d'aww" in the game. Particularly, anything and everything on the Fallen Arm. Over and above the above examples, we have:
- The Heart-to-Heart "Just Like Old Times", wherein Fiora pours out her heart regarding worries about being together with Shulk because of her Machina body, because she doesn't want people to look badly at Shulk. Shulk retorts that he doesn't care what other people think, as long as he can be with Fiora. He makes it fairly clear that no matter what, his overriding goal is, always has been, and always will be Fiora.
- Linada stating that she, with what she has here, can't possibly restore Fiora's Homs body, and Fiora responding that she doesn't care as long as she can be with and protect Shulk, which leads into...
- Shulk's various things he thinks to the unconscious Fiora, perhaps most sweetly (and the one he truly never expected to be able to say after the Colony 9 attack), "Goodnight Fiora, I'll see you in the morning". You can practically feel the smile on his face. Then, a minute later, you get to see the smile on his face while he sits next to her just before her surgery.
- If you revisit Colony 9's Weapon Development Lab at a very late point in the game while playing as Shulk, you'll get the quest "A Token of Friendship", where Shulk wants to use all his new-found experience and expertise to make the best weapon he can for Reyn. It shows that, even after all they've been through and all the people they've met, Shulk and Reyn's bond has remained extremely strong, and it's heartwarming to see Shulk want to do something nice for Reyn.
- During the "Melancholy Tyrea" sidequest, Tyrea insults Melia's bloodline and legitimacy to the throne. In response, Reyn calls Tyrea out and delivers an inspirational speech defending Melia's honor. Contrast that with Reyn and Melia's initial impressions of each other ("This large one is far worse." vs. "I'm not good with her posh accent"). It's touching to see just how much their relationship improved throughout the journey.
Reyn: You don't have the faintest idea why Melia's been fighting. Even if you'd been born in her place, the Emperor still would have chosen her as his successor. Succeeding the imperial line ain't all about blood. It's about takin' on the will to do whatever it takes for your land, for your people, when the time comes. That's what makes Melia different from you!
- The Heart-to-Heart "Eternal Scars" at the Black Wreckage. Even after everything he did, Dunban still mourns Mumkhar's death and wishes him peace.
- Berryjammy's life does indeed improve when she's migrated to Colony 6 due to the fact that the people there don't mock her name (unlike within Frontier Village, where the locals did just that).
- The Streetpass Mii Plaza game "Puzzle Swap" has a puzzle panel for this game. Normally, it depicts Riki and two other Nopon (his children, perhaps?) playing around the Monado. Then you pan to the right to see Shulk and Fiora, gazing up at the Mechonis in the distance together.
- A minor one, but this is what Riki can say to Melia when her tension is low:
"Melly, want hug?"
- The fact Dunban admits on a few occasions that he is a Shipper on Deck for Shulk and Fiora, even to Shulk himself. This shows that Dunban is not like the stereotypical overprotective brother, and he wants to see his sister be happy with him. Not to mention, he acts like a big brother to Shulk multiple times throughout the game.
- A Mass-Produced Faced Mechon saving Juju from the Telethia at the end of the game, followed by a confirmation that the Mechon are now on the side of the heroes. What sells the moment is the fact that Mass-Produced Faces look just like Xord. A version of the Mechon that destroyed Colony 6 now is protecting it from Telethia. Even better the song that played when Xord captures Juju plays in that scene as well. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome.