* This book manages to create a CMOH and a CMOA at the same time with just three words: [[spoiler: "I have worth."]]
* [[spoiler:The other passengers in the coach defending Nutt from the Furies.]]
* Ponder Stibbons was offered the post of a Bursar in the new University of Brazeneck. How much would they pay? He didn't ask. Awww.
* [[spoiler:"I wrote it for you."]]
* Archchancellor Ridcully's reaction when the Librarian was poisoned. Most of the time Ridcully seems to be the boisterous, thoughtless type, but his anger at the poisoning shows that, in his way, he truly cares for his friends.
* Upon finding out that new arrival Professor Macarona is a StraightGay, Ridcully has this to say: "A lot of that sort of thing about, apparently ... people make such a fuss. Anyway, in my opinion, there's not enough love in the world. Besides, if you didn't like the company of men, you wouldn't have come here in the first place."
* If the striker thinks he scores, or the keeper cries in shame...
* It's pretty minor, but Vetinari telling the rest of the football captains to take home the guy who just slapped him on the back and spoke to him in a rather crude (albeit friendly) manner and told them to make sure no harm came to him (by which he explicitly means "put him on a suicide watch", since once he realises what he did, he might try to kill himself). That and him showing a sense of humor other than pure sarcasm for once really humanized him.
* When the team is put on a fast for the night, Ridcully discovers that Mrs. Whitlow has gotten to all his secret hiding places for booze and tobacco. Until he finally gets to the most secret of all and finds it still there...along with a note from Mrs. Whitlow: "I didn't have the heart."
* [[spoiler: The wizards' part of the epilogue at the very end. Ponder is calmly writing down numbers, and Ridcully shows up to speak with him. They both seem in good spirits, and are on the same wavelength about showing up to Pseudopolis to help with their Pex dilemma (while being smug about it, the true UU way.) After the Archchancellor leaves, Ponder smiles and takes on another ledger. "It was a good day."]]