Heartwarming: Total Drama
open/close all folders
Total Drama Island
- Lindsay and Tyler, the very first Official Couple of the entire show, formed in the first episode, being the only known pairing from Camp TV to persist into the show proper, and, despite statistically having spent the least amount of time onscreen as a couple due to Tyler's We Hardly Knew Ye in season 1, not playing in season 2, and Lindsay becoming the example of We Hardly Knew Ye by virtue of being on Team Victory, and Tyler again not competing in All Stars (though admittedly, Lindsay didn't exactly last more than one episode), they have the honor of having lasted the absolute longest out of any Total Drama couple, as well as being the only major couple in the first three seasons to never break up, aside from Geoff and Bridgette. Things must be absolutely wonderful between them.
- Pick a Gwen and Trent Moment. any Gwen and Trent moment. These were essential for Gwen's Defrosting Ice Queen plot. The best were their first kiss, their final words before Trent leaves the island, and the final episode. But the best of the best was the alternate ending when Trent's feelings for Gwen helped her get back on her feet and win.
- Courtney gently coaxing Duncan through his fear and telling him it's okay if he cant't do it in "Phobia Factor", in contrast to her usual bossy attitude. And it could be implied that Duncan prevented the Bass from voting her off.
- A small one from "The Sucky Outdoors". Remember when Courtney woke up cuddling with Duncan? If you look closely, you can see Bridgette and Geoff in the background doing the same thing.
- Duncan replacing DJ's pet bunny, and the spiel afterwards when he says his dog ran away when he was six, and he didn't want DJ to go through the same thing.
- Katie and Sadie's triumphant reuniting. What make this more heartwarming is that Chris probably planned for this despite his love of torturing the contestants on a daily basis.
- Harold revealing to Leshawna that he wrote all the love-notes she had been receiving, followed by the two embracing on the Dock of Shame. It didn't last very long between these two, but still so sweet at the time nonetheless.
Leshawna: Baby, you some kind of freaky.Harold: Give daddy some sugar.
- Duncan and Courtney's first kiss. Even if you don't like the pairing, it's a sweet moment. As is her promise to never forget him after actually LIKING his parting gift (a miniature skull).
- Trent and Gwen's first kiss. Heck, it even warmed Chris Mclean's black, almost nonexistent heart
- "Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon":
- Geoff finally getting along with Gwen. After an entire episode of the two fighting, Gwen confesses she wished she was like him (really social and party-loving.) Geoff then promises her that he'll take her to a party once the show's over.
- Gwen returning the camera to Geoff. He notices there's only one picture left, and takes a picture of Gwen and himself right before he has to get on the Boat of Losers.
- When the group has to stack wooden heads of the ousted campers into totem poles, Heather and Owen are chained together. Heather spends the whole challenge insulting all of them, and Owen (who is chained to her) just sits there passively. Then Heather makes the mistake of insulting Izzy. Owen is so furious with her that he does exactly what she wouldn't want him to do: He forfeits. On purpose.
- DJ's elimination in "Hook, Line, and Screamer". Chris tells him that he will be missed, and Owen calls for a group hug. Everybody joins in, even Gwen, Duncan, and Heather, showing just how beloved DJ was.
- Chef and Chris's hug in "Camp Castaways".
- Gwen and Heather putting aside their differences to laugh at Chris together.
Gwen: (nudges Heather) Oh c'mon, you got to be a little bit happy to see them get dunked.Heather: No. Yeah... (smiles slightly) A bit... (chuckles)
Total Drama Action
- Even though she considered it creepy, Trent going all out for Gwen at the beginning of the season, including risking a million dollars just so her team can win, is pretty dedicated and sweet. Even if it did cause their breakup.
- In "Ocean's Eight - Or Nine", when Owen is unfairly eliminated, his team (excluding Courtney) is genuinely sad about his departure, and asks him to give a speech. After giving his speech, where he thanks his teammates, they all give him their Gilded Chrises.
Lindsay: We love you Owen!Justin: This Chris is for you!
- Justin giving his immunity to Courtney in "The Princess Pride".
- As mentioned above, Chef and Chris's little 'break up' in season 2 over money went from Tear Jerker to heartwarming, most evidently in "Mutiny on the Soundstage". Chris spends the entire episode crying because Chef is quitting the show (though he claims it's because of some onions he just so happened to be chopping) and Beth tells Chef later that Chris is really going to miss him. Chris finally comes clean and tells Chef this himself, they hug, and Chef decides to stay. Awwww!
- The reveal that Brady is in fact, REAL, coupled with him hugging Beth. Beth also says that even though she lost, Brady was the best prize she could have asked for.
- A minor one, but in the ending in which Beth wins, after she gets knocked out by the million dollar case, the entire cast (sans Duncan and Courtney, who walked off) crowds around to make sure that she's OK.
Total Drama World Tour
- Lindsay FINALLY remembering Tyler in Germany, coupled with Tyler jumping up into the new pink sky filled with heart-shaped clouds, and screaming a Big "YES!". Sure, he blew the song, but it was so SWEET!
- While we're on the topic of songs, how about Oh, My Izzy? It was sad, but Owen going back and remembering all the good times he had with Izzy before the break-up was so sweet it tasted like diabetes.
- The songs Baby (Harold singing to Leshawna) and I'm Sorry (Bridgette to Geoff) were the sweetest love songs ever sung in a cartoon.
- After Noah gets rejected by Bridgette for trying to cuddle up with her in the Yukon, Owen rushes over and keeps his friend warm, much to Noah's displeasure.
Owen: You can cuddle me, buddy!
- Team Victory's first actual victory in "The Am-AH-Zon Race". For once, Lindsay and DJ had relatively very few problems throughout the challenge; even DJ's curse was activated by the animals, not by DJ himself. They believed in each other, and the peck that Lindsay gives DJ at the end of the episode is incredibly sweet.
- "Can't Help Falling in Louvre":
- Cody's speech to Sierra at the end, telling her how horrible the day was for him because he had upset her so badly.
- Lindsay's elimination, though Played for Laughs, was suprisingly touching and even a little sad with Tyler and Lindsay saying goodbye and trying to kiss, only to be interrupted by Chris.
Lindsay: (smiles sadly) Win for us...
- "I See London...":
- Owen's quest to make Noah laugh, and the goofy conversation they have at the beginning of the episode.
- Owen standing up to a serial killer in order to save Noah.
"NOBODY puts my little buddy in the corner!"
- Noah cheering for Owen during the fight. Noah. With enthusiasm and everything!
- Owen tearing up during Noah's elimination, and declaring that he'd try to win the money for him.
- "Greece's Pieces" opens with Owen having a nightmare where he tries to stop Noah from eating something poisoned. Later, he talks how much he misses the "pitter-patter" of Noah's footsteps.
- Carries over to "Sweden Sour". Duncan tells Owen to honor Noah's "dying words" and get rid of Alejandro, Owen's response?
Owen: (does a Spit Take) WHAT!? (lifts Duncan into the air by his collar) WHEN DID HE DIE!?
- And after Duncan re-words his statement and explains that Noah's still alive, Owen gives a shaky, broken little laugh of relief. There's also his sad face when he says, "I really miss Noah..."
- "Every time I ran from the cops, I thought of you." The Duncney, Gwody and Gwent shippers gagged while the Gwuncan fans aw'd.
- Heather of all people consoling a devastated Courtney after Tyler revealed Duncan and Gwen kissed. The best part is that, for once, she isn't faking it.
- During the second Duncan/Gwen kiss his foot popped. Hilarious considering who it happened to but also pretty heartwarming. If you look a second time, Duncan is even holding her in his arms. Awww.
- The episode after Gwen is eliminated Duncan doesn't seem too heartbroken but at the end we see him carving a portrait of her face into his seat.
- Sierra getting hit by the meatball to save Cody in "Sweden Sour", mirroring what Cody did for Gwen back in season one. However, while Gwen didn't even react to Cody's sacrifice, Cody crouches down next to Sierra and whispers a hoarse, "Thank... you..." to her.
Sierra: (confessional) Will I require surgery? Absolutely. Months of physical therapy? Probably! Was it worth it? (smiles) Definitely.
- "Aftermath Aftermayhem":
- The fact that Lindsey still remembers Tyler and her refusing to laugh at his Amusing Injuries montage.
- Gwen and Trent's few seconds of bonding, you can interpret it as romantic or friendly, but either way, it still warms the heart.
- Though it was subtle, Leshawna and Harold's upgraded relationship. She seemed to be touched that she was given Harold's Num-Yos to remember him by while she was in the competition, her excitement on seeing her friends AND Harold (complete with him clapping excitedly when she returns), and in the exclusive clip for "Hawaiian Style", they're seen cuddling on a beach, implying that they are now dating.
- "This one's for you, ginger biscuit!"
- Cody and Duncan grinning excitedly at the possibility of Gwen's return.
- Chef admitting that Chris really is a better host than Blaineley.
- "Awww, Drumheller":
- Alejandro realizing that he can't bring himself to treat Heather like a pawn, and helping her get out from under the rock.
"This is NOT how we'll end it!"
- And then later when Sierra accidentally blows up the plane, Alejandro protects Heather from the blast.
- Cody letting Sierra have the oil barrel. Then when Sierra hugs him and kisses him on the cheek he smiles at her.
- Sierra remembering Cody's birthday when nobody else did, not even Cody himself.
- Alejandro realizing that he can't bring himself to treat Heather like a pawn, and helping her get out from under the rock.
- "Planes, Trains, and Hot Air Mobiles":
- Sierra's verse in I'm Gonna Make It, directed toward Cody.
"You're gonna make it! They can't stop you now, let them try! Our fortune's waiting, they can kiss it all bye, bye, bye!"
- Sierra helping Cody recover from his Heroic BSOD.
- Heather saying that she's been where Sierra's been ("No girl should have to be bald on National TV.") and getting her a wheelchair and headdress.
- The Alejandro/Heather continues with...
Alejandro: Heather has a way of making my focus slip, like a too small speedo... As long as I travel alone she can't distract me with her clever words, her distrustful eyes, or the way she tucks her hair behind those cute little earlobes... (slaps self) FOCUS!
- Sierra's verse in I'm Gonna Make It, directed toward Cody.
- "Hawaiian Punch":
- Sierra going underwater and facing a shark while in a wheelchair to save Cody.
- Cody telling Heather not to let the bad guy, Alejandro, win in the finale. The realization that she was the "good guy" inspired Heather to continue and eventually win.
- Heather and Alejandro admitting their feelings for each other before Alejandro's harsh Humiliation Conga.
Owen: Oh, that is so beautiful!Sadie: Even if it is Heather!
- The American ending. After three seasons of going through hell and being the baddy, Heather not only won the competition, but she had people cheering for her. Earn Your Happy Ending, indeed.
Total Drama: Revenge of the Island
- For those who were worried about the old cast (and the new ''World Tour'' contestants), seeing them all alive and well on the first boat at the beginning of this season is very comforting, especially since most of them seem to be having fun:
- Leshawna, Owen, Geoff, Bridgette, and DJ are dancing.
- Harold is admiring Leshawna's dance moves.
- Izzy is playing with the ship's lifesavers.
- Duncan and Gwen, along with Tyler and Lindsay, are kissing.
- Justin is flexing for a delighted Beth.
- Ezekiel is crouching at the bow, slobbering happily.
- Katie and Sadie are hugging Trent.
- "Darth" Alejandro is carrying an embarrassed Heather in his arms.
- Sierra is hugging Cody, who's smiling at her.
- In "Truth or Laser Shark", the challenge is for the contestants to be told about embarrassing things that happened in the past, and the one who had it happen to them admit it. Brick admits to having wet his pants on the first and last day of school; while everyone else laughs, Zoey leans over and thanks him for helping their team.
- When everyone was fighting Zoey was comforting Mike after he was hit by Jo.
- Sam and Dakota make one of the cutest couples in the entire series. This is cemented during Sam's elimination.
- And he still loves her even though she's now a literal monster.
- Zoey, Mike, and Cameron seeing off Brick with a farewell salute as he prepares to ride the Hurl of Shame.
- This exchange between Mike and Zoey after he conquers his other personalities.
Mike: The real me... really likes you. A lot.Zoey: *giggles* Are you kidding? I love oddballs! And you're officially the coolest one ever! Multiples just means there's more Mike to love.
- In the final episode, Cameron is told that because of how expensive air is, he'll have to spend the million on it if he wants to go back to his bubble. Despite saying several times he wanted to go back to his bubble, after winning, he decides that since he made it through the entire season unscathed, he doesn't need it anymore and the money will be going to everyone else instead. Even people who were cruel to him, such as Lightning and Scott.
- In contrast to the Downer Ending in the previous season, the winner of this season's finale doesn't lose the money and Cameron sharing the money with the rest of the contestants means that everyone gets a prize instead of it going to only one person. The resulting happy exclamations just sells it.
- Note that this is almost certainly what allowed Scott to recover so much faster than Alejandro, and perhaps even recover at all.
- Larry saving his owner Chris from being eaten alive by mutant giant gophers followed by a grateful Chris giving the plant a hug.
- A minor one, but when Lightning and Jo are trapped in a mine, thinking they were about to die, Jo laments that she has never kissed a guy. Lightning, of course, thinks Jo is a guy, so he's initially confused, but then says "Lightning doesn't judge." It's sweet because jocks aren't really known for being accepting of gay people, but Lightning clearly wouldn't have a problem with it.
- Cameron gets Jo's respect when he voted her off, saying he "learned from the best" (meaning her).
Total Drama All Stars
- Seeing that Scott has recovered from his encounter with Fang and the trauma suit.
- Alejandro's freedom from the drama machine after one year.
- Even if she is still a mutant, Dakota and Sam remain a happy couple.
- After his Manitoba personality takes control, Mike's feelings for Zoey remain.
- And when he flirts with Zoey and she turns him down, he compliments Mike on picking a faithful girlfriend.
- Sam's friends saving him some breakfast so he can recover from his harsh night at Boney Island. It's also Fridge Logic since they already saw how Lightning, a tough athlete, had a bad time himself and couldn't eat a thing when it was his turn at BI, so they rightly deduced Sam wouldn't do any better, especially considering he was already in bad conditions before leaving the previous day.
- If you get past the creepiness, it's kind of sweet to see Sierra and Cameron bonding. They even Finish Each Other's Sentences.
- Duncan taking a leech shot for Gwen. Especially when you consider how cold she's been to him the past two episodes, and how much of a dick he's been of late.
- And when he switched teams, he gave Gwen a kiss on the cheek.
- In the preview for the next episode, the Hamsters welcome Duncan in to the team, via surprise party. Duncan.
- After their team wins the challenge Scott and Courtney hug. SCOTT AND COURTNEY.
- Gwen and Cameron's new friendship is just all shades of heartwarming, with both clearly needing a friend on the Villian team, and Cam needing someone to protect him from Sierra and Gwen needing someone on her side since the competition started.
- Duncan showing his softer side after being switched to the Hamsters. Especially when apologizes to a bird for stealing its egg and he breaks down in tears.
- Fan preferred couples aside, it is rather heartwarming to see Scott and Courtney of all people developing a genuine relationship. Courtney acted like a Jerkass in Action and spent second half of World Tour and the first few episodes of All Stars being a rageaholic (especially bitter about Gwen and Duncan). So it's just nice to see her acting like a sweetheart again. And it's also nice to see Scott acting like a sweetheart for the first time.
- Gwen telling Courtney that she broke it off with Duncan and she doesn't want to put boys before friends anymore. And after practically wanting to murder Gwen since the second half of World Tour, Courtney FINALLY accepts her apology!
- Despite Sierra blowing up Chris' plane 2 seasons ago, Chris seems genuinely worried about her when she's going through her Sanity Slippage.
- To get Courtney and Gwen to fight in the boxing challenge, Chris brings up the love triangle from World Tour. So after beating the crap out of each other, what do Courtney and Gwen do? They tell each other how much they missed each other between seasons, and then they hug because they're friends forever. Even Chris is touched!
- Duncan struggling with being a Jerk With a Heart of Gold, especially when he reaches out to Zoey to protect everyone from Mal, and when he can't punch the bird in the boxing challenge. The background music as he gives up the challenge sells it.
- Alejandro defending Heather when his brother insults her.
Alejandro: And this is for calling any aspect of Heather unattractive!
- The Vultures deciding to get rid of Sierra, for the sake of her sanity (and Cameron's)
- Gwen and Courtney becoming the show's new BFFF duo.
- In "Suckers Punched", Courtney states in the confessional that she doesn't have to worry about Gwen kissing Scott This shows not only that she trusts Gwen again, but also that she admits seeing Scott as her new love interest.
- Mike manages to (temporarily) regain control of his body thanks to The Power of Love when hearing Zoey is in danger. Also, his interaction with Chester, showing how close he's now to his non-villainous personalities.
- Even though it's just part of Mal's ruse, hearing Zoey dreamingly sigh over how romantic "Mike" rescuing her was is quite sweet.
- Scott genuinely trying his best to be a good boyfriend to Courtney. Yes. Scott of all characters.
- Chef's concern for Chris in "Zeke and You Shall Find".
- Scott is the only one to say something in Courtney's defense after she's eliminated. Even after she used him, insulted him and betrayed him, he still didn't think she was an entirely bad person.
- Also he offered to eat Courtney's barfed on sundae
- "The Bold and the Booty-ful":
- Svetlana standing up for Mike, and convincing all the other personalities that Mike is the one who deserves to be in control of the mind they all share.
- Scott warning Zoey about Mal before he gets flushed. It's especially nice considering how much of a Jerkass he was to her the previous season. He's come a long way.
- Mike's dream about kissing Zoey in the rain. It's even one in-universe for Svetlana.
- Mike finally made it to Mal's tower and found a reset button at the top, which would restore him to just Mike again, but at the cost of his benevolent personalities. Mike originally refused, but his personalities told him to go ahead, saying that they'd always be a part of him in a way, and that it would be worth it to stop Mal, and they all push the button together, destroying Mal's tower and causing Mal to fade away.
- Back in reality, Mike hears Zoey's scream and (with the powers of the other personalities who stood by him) punches Fang, knocking his tooth out and sending him flying! Zoey askes if it's really him, and is unsure whether or not it's really him until Mike mentions her necklace (which Mal though was a bracelet), and it cuts to Zoey screaming in joy in the confessional, and then she promptly proceeds to kiss him!
- Gwen kissing Cameron was pretty touching, despite how innocent it was.
- Mike's personalities did stay with him in a way, since he now has all their abilities.
- After Chris changes the rules for the challenge so that anyone who pulls the sword can win the money in order instill drama among the campers, rather than seize the chance to get a million dollars, Gwen and Cameron continue to aid Zoey by preventing Alejandro and Heather from reaching the top, despite now being eligible to get the money themselves, with Cameron declaring that he's still on Team Zoey, prize money or not. Granted, they wouldnt have been able to get far with their injuries, it doesnt change the fact that their first thoughts about the rule change was concern for Mike and Zoey's odds to get the million, in contrast to Alejandro and Heather who were quick to turn on each other, despite acting like sickening sweet sweethearts earlier.
- Zoey saying that she was sure that Chef was doing his best after Chris gave him a hard time about missing them.
- in an exclusive clip from "Evil Dread"; Blaineley, who was thought by many to have died offscreen in Hawaiin Punch until Word of God said otherwise, is shown in a swan boat that plows Lightning with Bruno. The very same bear that was using Blaineley as a chew toy is happily embracing her in Paris, France!? Note that Blaineley isn't irritated in the slightested.
- Another exclusive clip where Ezekiel is flushed off to a mutated forest, where he quickly made friends with by giving them cake.
- And then the exclusive clip where Alejandro is flushed off to Yukon, where after getting a slap for eliminating Heather, they quickly reconciled.
Total Drama Pahkitew Island
- If you watched Beardo's audition video, his telling his teammates it was great getting to know them is both this and a Tear Jerker. He only does the sound effects/acts useless because of being extremely shy, yet managed to grow comfortable around his co-competitors within a day, implying he might have been genuinely helpful had he competed even one challenge longer. He even expresses gratitude for knowing them after they booted him off.
- Samey's interactions with Jasmine. This is the first time she had genuine human interaction from anyone besides her sister.
- In particular, Jasmine surrogates as Samey's Cool Big Sis where Amy failed, and is nothing but supportive and friendly towards her.
- Sky calms down a freaked-out Dave when he was covered in grease.
- Ella's elimination, where she sings about how she has no hard feelings about being kicked off the island and says good bye to both teams.
- Max's affection towards a baby he has to carry for a challenge.
- Shawn making up with Jasmine after he sacrifices his immunity to help her win the challenge.
- You can't possibly deny that Shawn winning back Jasmine's heart by selflessly sacrificing himself made you go AWWW.
- Chris letting Shawn and Jasmine kiss before she takes the cannon. One fan points out that this is the first time he allows it.
- Sugar's last words before being booted off the island? "I'm coming, wizard!" It's somewhat sweet that she remembers one of the series' biggest examples of We Hardly Knew Ye, Leonard, especially since she's mostly a self-centered Jerkass.
- Shawn and Jasmine are able to maintain their relationship after she realizes he initially didn't want to split the money with her.
- And when it looks like he and Sky won't be able to win the prize, his first thought is to be happy that Jasmine could still get her share of the prize. He's come a long way from the start.