- The final scene where Tommy is stuck in the middle of the lake on his sailboat, talking to his deceased father. He asks his dad for some wind and, sure enough, a breeze comes and fills the sails.
- Then it becomes funny when Tommy gets hit on the head by the rotating sail.
- Richard trying to cheer up Tommy after it seems they've failed to stop the buyout, pointing out that at least they both got a friend out of it.
Richard: "Yeah, I know, it's no big deal to you since you have so many, but... I don't."
- At Big Tom's funeral, Richard stays with Tommy to the very end after everybody else leaves. When he's bitching out Tommy later on, he hints at why:
- Even if many people, most notably Richard, thought Big Tom had spoiled Tommy his whole life, the bond they had with each other was touching.