- Every once in a blue moon, Joel will end the show by mentioning tribute to a recently passed away friend or family member of the show.
- Early on after the revamp, a nearly teary-eyed Joel ended by announcing the birth of his first child. D'awww.
- The death of Heath Ledger.
- Bret Michaels’s reality show is often lampooned but when Bret has had serious health issues, Joel has wished him well.
- Using the Clip of The Week segment space to be used as a memorial, and a touching one at that, to frequent target, QVC host Jeanne Bice.
- After using the clip of Whitney Houston yelling "Kiss my ass!" more times than could be counted, Mc Hale sounded almost apologetic when the clip was retired following Houston's sudden death in 2012.
- Crossing over as also Throw the Dog a Bone and Everyone Has Standards, as much as The Soup loves to make fun of Tanisha from The Bad Girls Club and Celebrity Fit Club, there was one clip from around 2009 that they would not do. On an episode of Celebrity Fit Club, the contestants had to bring a certain, damaging item from their past to burn in a bonfire and Tanisha brought a necklace her one-time fiancé bought her. She explained that he had given her the necklace around the time she had invited a good friend of hers to stay with them... only for the "friend" to get pregnant by her fiancé. She was obviously very hurt by the memory and broke down crying as many of her fellow contestants tried to console her. In briefly reviewing that episode, you think the show would show that clip? Nope; instead they showed the clip of Sebastian Bach making fun of a pair of loud, acid-and-neon-colored pants that Bobby Brown was about to burn.
Heartwarming / The Soup
Yes, even this show has them from time to time.