* Having an Elder Sim die of old age in The Sims 2 at gold or higher aspiration. They're greeted with zombie hula dancers, and Death greets them with a cocktail and tells them they're going on an eternal vacation.
* Various patches for Sims 3 occasionally add some pretty significant things beyond just fixes and minor feature changes/additions (stairs over gaps? Yay but unlikely to change your world). For example, one patch added in new animations... including a whole set of child/toddler animations thus allowing them to hug, have the child feed the toddler, and play peek-a-boo. D'awww...
** Maybe it's just me, but even adults interacting with toddlers is cute to me. Like when an adult puts a toddler on the floor, and they give him/her a kiss.
** Sims 4 one-upped this by adding toddlers in a patch. And they are adorable.
*** Toddlers have been in the Sims since the second game, so...
* This [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hajq1nwsAM trailer]] for the Sims 3 Generations.
* Many of the quests in Medieval are very, very silly... but I defy you not to go "Aaaaaw" should you decide to send your Peteran Priest off to soothe/convert the resident rabid chinchillas (as opposed to the "Kill their furry bahookies" approach). At the end of the quest, you get a cute graphic of some enlightened and reverent chinchillas along with this final line:
--> The docile chinchillas roamed out into the sunlight, calm and serene. Prior (Whatever-his-name-is) smiled at them and they - like old friends - smiled back.
** You may melt now.
** Any of the quests where the intent is to get the monarch married could count as well.
** As well as any quest where there is a threat to the kingdom that allows you to peacefully remove the threat rather than outright kill it. Not to mention most of these "threats" had no intention of harming anyone in the first place.
* The last "story" of [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2qDluiIzys this]] trailer, with the dog, the kid and the bullies.
* In Sims 2: Pets, it's possible (but very hard) to befriend and adopt pet wolves.
* In Sims 3: Pets, whenever a pet dies: The Grim Reaper shows he loves pets. For example, he hugs a dog or a horse when it dies and cuddles with the kittens.
* Even in the first game there were hints of this. If free will is on and a parent is left doing nothing while their child is asleep, they will sometimes go [[ComfortingComforter tuck them in]] and kiss them goodnight. Awww! They do in the second game too.
* In Sims 3, whenever a couple is sleeping together in the same bed, sometimes one will hug their spouse from the back. It's so sweet and heartwarming.
* Unless if you have many things to do, when a parent gets home and one of their children runs to greet them with a hug. It's a giant awww worthy moment.
* When a child is crying in Sims 2, you have the option to send an adult over to console them.
** In some situations, this is automatic. For example, if a child witnesses their parent get into a fight with another adult (does not have to be the other parent), the child may get very upset and run off to their room in tears. After the fight or argument ends, the parent will go find the child and comfort them.
* Generally any interaction between a child and their parent or a child and their toddler sibling.
* In the Pets expansions, if a Sim's pet loves them enough, they have a chance to save them from the Grim Reaper.
* Reviving Erik Darling in The Sims 3 could be ruled as this.
* The Generations expansion pack for The Sims 3 allows teens and older to read bedtime stories to sleepy children. After the child falls asleep, the older Sim will tuck the child in and give him or her a goodnight kiss.
* The beginning of the intro cutscene in Sims 3 where a father is flipping pancakes and the daughter feels her pregnant mother's belly, then they hug.
* The cute picture in the Goth family album in Sims 2 of teen Cassandra playing with baby Alexander while their parents look on fondly.
* In The Sims 3, when you have the pets expansion installed, and (as far as this troper has seen) have a single adult male or female and a pet, in the pets' relationships panel the owner will be shown as mother/father. omgasdfghjkl that's adorable!
* If you make a parent and child sim sit next to one another in the Sims 4, you can get them to cuddle. The animation that follows is absolutely adorable.