This page contains unmarked spoilers. You Have Been Warned!
open/close all folders
- Pretty much everything involving Amberlynn. No one seems to have a single mean thing to say about her, and she manages to make everyone feel happier.
Brittnay: (tearing up) God dammit, she's so wise!
- When she gets nominated from prom queen, both Trisha and Mackenzie stop to comment on how much she deserves it.
- She states that it's an honor just to be nominated for prom queen, and that they should all just enjoy their time together.
- When she wins third-runner up, Tanner genuinely congratulates her.
- Lunch Lady Belinda calls her the "calm breeze in my fuckstorm of a life."
- Brittnay has a hair trigger temper and has shouted at just about everyone she's interacted with, with the notable exception of Trisha. No matter how dumb Trisha acts, Brittnay always responds with a surprising degree of patience for someone who explodes at everyone else. It's kind of touching to see her restrain herself for the sake of their friendship.
- This is driven home during the video promoting the Indiegogo campaign promoting the fourth season when Brittnay's revenge list is shown on screen. Out of everybody on that list of targets, Trisha wasn't on it. Neither was Tristan, Amberlynn, Jennifer, Deandra, and Trisha 2.
- Every wacky moment Trisha and Trisha get together. They never denied that they have so much in common.
- On that note, Trisha C.'s relationship with Matthew is also very sweet, considering how loving and supportive they are with each other.
- Tanner and Tristan's relationship, despite their very different personalities, they can make it work with one of the healthiest relationships of the show.
Episode 3: Sister Act
- Mackenzie only apologizes to Shay after Mikayla threatens her little sister. Not to mention that Cameron came all the way out to Overland Park to defend Shay. It just goes to show that while most of these girls will to to great lengths to ruin each other, they still care a lot about their sisters.
- The fact that Matthew is Trisha's boyfriend, and that she doesn't care that he doesn't have a penis or testicles because of a birth defect.
- Matthew to Tanner. "We accept you, bro."
- Even though it doesn't last:
Kid Shay: We band of sisters! I love you guys!
- Matthew asking Trisha to prom. He's just so... gentleman-y.
- Trisha reveals she nominated Brittnay for Prom Queen. Brittnay is legitimately confused as to why.
Mackenzie: (to Brittnay) What fucking idiot would nominate you?Trisha: Oh, um, me.Mackenzie: What?!Brittnay: Why?Trisha: Well, I think you really are a good friend and you totally deserve it.Brittnay: (stunned) Wow, Trisha. That's really nice. Thank you.
- Also, the fact that Trisha really got worked up over Ashley Kachadorian not watching the door just because it lead to Deandra getting her arms ripped off. Even if Deandra played both sides of the feud, the fact that Trisha went out of her way to get back at Ashley for it showed she really is a loyal friend. And, when she learned Ashley really wasn't in charge of the door she felt horrible.
Episode 14: Pregnant
- Trisha's motivation behind sucker punching Brittnay in the gut is to keep her from ruining her life over a baby. Noble in spirit, if not in action. Mackenzie, on the other hand...
- When the cheerleaders go to find out who is pregnant to mock them, Trisha thinks they should find the girl and congratulate her.
- When they think Shay is pregnant, Trisha leans close to her stomach and whispers to the (non-existent) baby, "You're so lucky! It's like being born into royalty!"
- Not part of the main series, but in Extra Credit #14, one of the lines that didn't make the cut was Blaine rushing in and saying, "You guys! Matthew Derringer just agreed to be my baby's godfather!"
- The entire football team trying to help Blaine prepare for fatherhood. Even if it... doesn't go as planned.
- The line while they do that, stating they've been helping Justin talk through his Daddy Issues for weeks now. Awww.
- For that matter, the fact that Blaine was prepared to give up football team, which he loves (after Saison's only been pregnant for a day), shows up to cheer Saison on at Cheer Nationals, and dotes on his "son" before he's even born. Even if he is a total idiot, it's hard to imagine him being anything other than loving to his future child.
- The doctor is exceptionally... kind to Mackenzie despite still being in her usual fiery temper. Understood, since she's going bald at only seventeen and has the right to panic, but the doctor tried to calm her down as gently as possible.
- Deandra warning the Atchison High Cheer Squad not to mess with Mackenzie and co. is actually kind of sweet. Despite the fact that she loathes them entirely, she still doesn't want them to suffer the same fate she did.
- Brittnay managed to find someone who she already likes the very first time they meet: Tanner's boyfriend, Tristan. Her first words to him were nothing short of sweet.
Brittnay: Alright, first of all; you are fucking adorable and I love everything about you!
- "How about you step up to the plate and be a mommy for once!?" Those lines alone, uttered by Mikayla, meant that though most of the time, she's just as nasty as her older sisters, she can still act her age, being that young little girl who wants to help her mommy.
- Even after Tristan gets rejected from the Cheer Squad, he says of course he and Brittnay are still on for a facial that Saturday!
- Overland Trisha stopping to apologize to Atchison Trisha before "cursing" at the Atchison squad, and Atchison Trisha assuring her it's okay. It shows that not only are they bonding, they really do value their friendship.
- The fact that, when Deandra explains why she left Atchison, Brittnay and Mackenzie don't make fun of her for it even once. They're understandably grossed out, but they don't mock or tease Deandra, and in fact assist in telling Tanya to fuck off when she tries to use it as blackmail.
- Both Trishas' annoyed little huffs and sighs in when they realize that their squads are currently bitching each other out, meaning they have to go back to being against each other right now.
- The highfive between Brittnay and Mackenzie as they tear apart the Atchison cheer squad. Despite the tumultuous nature of their relationship, they're still partners in crime and they seem to respect each other.
Episode 31: Mr. Mcneely
- Trisha, after learning that Ashley wasn't responsible for watching the door and was seriously Misblamed, decides to stand up for Ashely and asks the others to leave her out of the new web of drama created by Jenna Darabond.
- Her Big Sister Instinct is continued in Mackenzie's case, where she asks her mother to tone the language down in front of her seven-year-old sister.
- Despite everything that's happened over the past two seasons, Shay genuinely considers Deandra to be her friend, happily lets her join her family for Thanksgiving dinner, and chews Cameron out for being rude towards her.
- When her little sister Katelynn embarrasses Mackenzie by taking her clothes off and just generally acting weird, Deandra saying that it's fine, remarking that Katelynn actually reminds her of herself when she was two was actually pretty sweet. (Even though Katelynn is seven.)
- Brittnay and Tristan having a wonderful time at the mall during their titular Bestie Day.
- Rachel and Judith's friendship. Social outcasts, sure, but they're quite close and take pleasure from spending time with each other. They're the only ones who show up at Rachel's New Year's Party because Rachel didn't invite anyone else besides her best friend.
Judith: Great party, Rache. Is anyone else coming?Rachel: No, I didn't invite anybody else!Judith: Good, I didn't want any other dildos showing up, anyway.
- Who does Trisha ask to join the squad because they're short on members? Atchison's Trisha.
- After Justin Michaelson quits the football team, the other team members ask Deandra to join, partly to get rid of Than, and partly because of her incredible strength. When she asks if there's any issue because she's a girl, they all basically simultaneously agree, "Nope."
Matthew Derringer: Listen to Beyoncé, man.
- After the first game with Than and Deandra playing, everyone raves about how great they did. Even Tanner has something nice to say about Than's performance!
- The entire football team (except for Than) agrees to shower and change at home so Deandra won't be left out of locker room pre-game talk.
- If you side with her, Shay finally got to be head cheerleader, continuing on her family tradition, as revealed from Episodes 42-63!
- Tanner's speech at the buffet.
Tanner: And, honestly? God... I couldn't be happier than to share it with all of you guys as my teammates.
- We get to see Trisha and her mom, Trish, and compared to Brittnay's Spoiled Brat tendencies with her mom Veronica, Mackenzie trying to keep her mom's swearing under control, and the nightmare that is Jayna Van Buren, it's refreshing to see a mom and daughter who get along great. It helps that she's as smart as Trisha is.
- Early on, Mackenzie's mother snaps at her assistant over the phone when he makes a not-so-nice comment about Mackenzie. We can only guess what he said, but apparently Mrs. Zales does have some Mama Bear tendencies, deep down.
- Trish apparently thought the parent-teacher conference she was attending was about Trisha dating Matthew Derringer, and she was pissed about the idea that someone had a problem with her daughter dating a Black man. That's not what the conference was about, but still.
- Mackenzie took the initiative to call Shay's older sister Cameron to come to the conference, since she knew (like everyone) that Jayna Van Buren wasn't going to show. Seeing how much Shay and Mackenzie hate one another, it was oddly nice of her.
- Subverted in that she wasn't being nice. She set the whole conference into motion so she could get Cameron and Jenna Darabond's senator father in the same room long enough for Cameron to sink her hooks into him and then destroy Jenna's family in the process.
- In a unusual way of Heartwarming, Mrs. Zales congratulates Brittnay and indirectly helps bring out Veronica's tough side so the latter could learn to take some initiative to put Brittnay in her place.
Mrs. Zales: Please... welcome to Motherhood.
- Saison naming her baby after Brittnay, as revealed in this episode.
- Ashley Katchadourian's speech about being able to like the things you like regardless if people think it's popular or not saying that, if others do like it then it must be pretty great, and if not that's fine too because you still like them. She then decides to leave the hipster concert to go watch the football game with Amberlynn and a few other kids who're moved by her words.
Connor: Whoa. You are blowing my mind, Ashley Katchadourian.Amberlynn: So small, yet so wise.
- Tristan's panicked cry of "MY BABY!" when Tanner gets hurt was kind of narmy but still sweet.
Episode 59: Bring Me Everyone
- One used for comic effect in the season 4 premier; Brittnay vandalizes everyone's lockers with nasty names like "cunt" or "whore"... except Trisha, who gets "You're cool." Aw. And later, she sincerely says that Trisha's safe - Trisha is her friend and never did anything to incur her wrath, so Brittnay would never hurt her.
- Mackenzie, Shay, and Rachel finally convincing Brittnay to be friends with them, in the Third Grade flashback.
- A subtle one; when Brittnay blows up the goalpost, Trisha is the only one not in harm's way.
- Where Trisha tells Shay that even though Mackenize is targeted by Brittnay (thereby making the Cheer Squad a target, as well), she's still one of her oldest friends that has her total loyalty (Pictured above). Mackenzie even tears up at that!
Trisha: If this entire cheer squad is gonna be destroyed, I want Mackenzie Zales by my side. By my side.
- Brittnay actually becomes attached to Saison's baby Brittnay!
- Mackenzie tries to call off the Expendables and warns Brittnay, because she doesn't actually want her hurt despite their feud.
- Brittnay and Tristan laughing and having fun together at the party. After all the anger and fighting Brittnay had been through, she must've really needed some quality time with one of her true best friends.
- All thanks to Trisha's awesome speech about best friends, Brittnay and Mackenzie are back together! They apologize and hug like real grown-ups! Also the fact that the only thing Trisha cares about is the Cheer Squad (besides the career of Ben Affleck).
Trisha: We're not leaving this room until we are leaving it together.
- A smaller moment to appreciate is that Mackenzie and Brittnay don't lash out at Trisha for yelling at them. They're at first shocked and ask if she's okay, and then, they actually seem impressed at her for taking a stand and let her speak.
Episode 71: Summer Abroad
- Brittnay and Mackenzie reminding Trisha to stay in the shallow end when she goes swimming because of her Super Drowning Skills. They're exasperated as all hell, and the situation is Played for Laughs, but it's still cute.
- Mackenzie bringing Trisha 2 on the flight because Trisha gets nervous on planes.
- Saison bringing her baby along with her for the trip, because she wants to show baby Brittnay her "homeland".
- Despite the door-related weirdness (as always), when Trisha 2 remarks that Ashley seems nice, Trisha replies, entirely sincerely, "Oh, she's the best!"
- Matthew kissing Trisha on the cheek, and Trisha wishing her boyfriend good luck on the game.
- After Mackenzie gives Rachel a (rather lengthy) speech about how ugly she is, Judith asks if she's okay. And Rachel's reply...
Rachel: Still smiling, Judith. Still smiling.
- Matthew instantly accepting his girlfriend's request to join the modelling squad, even if the setting they're currently in is rather awkward. He also stops Trisha 2 from watching Than jerk off when she thinks he's (Than) going swimming or boogie boarding.
- After Shay gets roasted by Brittnay, Deandra, Mackenzie, and her own sister Cameron, Mikayla consoles her by saying that she and Shay can have their own French vacation together. Even though Shay's reaction to her is... less than favorable.
- Shay hanging out with Rachel and Judith anyway at a bistro, albeit reluctantly. Really, the fact that Rachel and Judith empathize with Shay feeling left out, and invite her to hang out at all, in spite of how Shay's treated them the past four seasons, is a testament to what good people they are. And even when she rudely rebuffs their initial offer, they still let her accompany them at the end of the episode.
- Than jumping in to stick up for the girls.
- Trisha 2 and Trisha C.'s little moment here:
Trisha 2: You got this!
Trisha: You're my rock.
Trisha 2: (holds hands with her) And you're... my roll.
- Trisha 2's inspiring speech to a Trisha suffering from Stage Fright.
Trisha 2: (slaps Trisha) Yah! Hey! Get it together! You're gonna do this! You're doing it for Trishas all over the world! (they look into a mirror) Especially the one right here.
- Shay continuing to hang out with Rachel & Judith, as showcased at the drunken party.
- The drunk Trishas dancing with each other.
- Blaine spending the night in his hotel room with his baby daughter instead of partying and getting irresponsibly drunk like the others, just like a good father should, albeit reluctantly because Saison was the one who left her with him.
- Tanner (who is, granted, really drunk) is surprisingly nice to Than when Than "confesses" that he has feelings for him.
- Than attempting to order Tanner room service of mac & cheese. For what it's worth, Than's attempt at comforting Tanner when he starts to panic about their hookup and the fact that he possibly cheated on his boyfriend is pretty sweet.
- Almost even more heartwarming when you learn four episodes later that they didn't actually have a hookup. Tanner jumped to the conclusion of what happened based off of how things looked. So it wasn't Than comforting him over cheating, Than was legitimately just Than trying to be nice, comfort him under the impression that Tanner is just mortifyingly embarrassed that he peed his pants, and order them some food to start off the day and maybe help Tanner calm down a bit.
- Very squicky, but still:
Trisha 2: (throwing up into a toilet) Thanks for holding my hair!Trisha: No problem. (throws up in the same toilet) Thanks for holding my hair. You're a really good friend.Trisha 2: Thanks, so are you! (beat, then they throw up simultaneously)
- Justin trying to reassure Mackenzie before the men's swimsuit competition was sweet, especially considering that they used to have a sort of relationship.
- This moment between Brittnay to Mackenzie.
Brittnay: Mackenzie, before the competition tomorrow, there's something that I need to do.
Mackenzie: I know. Go prove that that dumb bitch is a lying Canadian fraud.
Mackenzie: Just be back in time to compete tomorrow.
Brittnay: I won't let you down.
- The Trishas Holding Hands again.
- The Trishas' pep talk.
- Despite knowing how badly it could go, Tanner does the mature thing and tells Tristan that he drunkenly cheated on him. And he accepts full responsibility for his mistake, never trying to rationalize it or blame it on someone else — he just asks for Tristan's forgiveness.
- Trisha smuggling Trisha 2 under her giant dress because the former feels nervous going up there by herself.
- Blaine, Matthew and Justin trying to comfort a brokenhearted Tanner after Tristan broke up with him.
- Saison reuniting with her Canadian parents, and them being quite happy to meet their granddaughter.
- Trisha officially calls Trisha 2 her best friend!
- Among very minor characters, but still:
Announcer Carlo: This. Is. Depressing. This photo's got me thinking about my ex-wife.Announcer Mark: Hey! You have just as much of a right to those kids as she does.Announder Carlo: Hey, thanks man.
- Tanner apologizes for blowing the competition, but Matthew and the others all assure him it's okay.
- Tanner crying into Than's chest.
- Than, while oblivious to what the issue is, notices Tanner's been acting weird around him, and seems genuinely concerned about losing his friendship.
- What's more, Tanner doesn't blame Than for what happened, and admits he still considers Than to be a friend. They've come a long way from season one!
- Even though it turns out she's been lying about being French this whole time, Saison seems genuinely concerned and scared when she sees Brittnay being held prisoner, and the ending implies she's going to rescue her. We don't know her true motives yet, but it seems Saison really does care.
- Despite how much Brittnay has cursed and hounded Saison for lying about being French (and Brittnay IS right about it), Saison still goes to Mackenzie and tells her Brittnay and Deandra have been kidnapped in order to rescue them.
- Than didn't sleep with Tanner—because the latter was too drunk to give consent. As much of a pervert he is, Than proves that he will never do anything to actually hurt his friends.
Than: Dude, you were so shitfaced that night, you couldn't have given consent! C'mon man, I'm a pervert, not a fuckin' monster.
- Tanner is overjoyed to learn that he didn't cheat on Tristan and might have a chance at winning him back.
- Mackenzie goes from pissed off to furious and panicked when Team France corners Brittnay and breaks her leg.
- Liam Neeson finally reuniting with her daughter.
- Brittnay apologizing to Saison.
- Semi-meta: The moment where the Trishas share the same toilet has been jokingly called #friendshipgoals.
- The guys (except for Than) only got involved in the modelling competition to help the girls out.
- Tanner and Tristan are back together!
- The Trishas' goodbyes to each other is sad, yet cute.
Trisha: So... I—guess this is goodbye.Trisha 2: (gasps) ...I'll call you every night!Trisha: And every morning?Trisha 2: (quietly) Of course! (they hug)
- Brittnay's speech to Mackenzie.
Brittnay: I'll fly with [Trisha]. Because I'm not gonna be model either, Mackenzie.Mackenzie: Oh, Brittnay—Brittnay: (cuts her off) No, before you say anything, just hear me out. This... this isn't for me. Being a model's always been your dream, not mine. All I've ever wanted to do is be popular, kick ass, and give handjobs. And there's no better place to do that than Overland Park. Besides, if I don't go back, Shay Van Buren's gonna be the most popular girl in school. And I'll die before I let that pig-tailed labradoodle ruin the legacy that you worked so hard to build. It's for the best, Mackenzie.Mackenzie: No, I was just gonna say, they're not gonna offer you a modeling contract. Because you didn't compete.Brittnay: Oh, right. Well... Ah—Mackenzie: But... thank you for saying all that!Brittnay: No, y-yeah, it's fine. It's just... (quietly) fuck. C'mon Trisha, let's go home.
- Brittnay putting her arm around Trisha as they leave together.
- Cameron can now turn her life for the better thanks to her new modeling career.
- Rachel and Judith poking gentle fun at each other at the airport.
- Trisha pushing Brittnay on the dolly from Episode 72.
- Mackenzie's speech at the Charles De Gaulle airport, having decided to not be a model right now after all:
Mackenzie: (to Brittnay and Trisha) Look, all I've ever wanted to do was to just find a way to escape all these bitches and assholes we go to school with. But since we got here, Jeannie betrayed us, those French cunts tried to kill us, and I realized... it doesn't matter where you go, there's always gonna be bitches and assholes in your life. So the only thing you can do is surround yourself with the few bitches and assholes you can actually stand being around. And for me, that's you guys.
Meta and Non-Canon
- Jack, Lily's young baby, being showcased in this video.
- In the video Love or Dumpster?, promoting the show's app, something actually goes right for Bridget Tice. Rachel is understandably freaked out, between being made to fall in love with Brittnay and Bridget actually being happy, but for fans of Bridget, it's nice to see at least one small thing go well for her.
- This fanart of Trisha and Matthew Derringer.
- This tweet by Mackenzie, calling Brittnay her "Woman Crush Wednesday".
"We've been through a lot, but you'll always be my partner in crime. Love u boom boom"
- This Facebook post by Brittnay, complimenting Trisha. Note that the follow words are lyrics from a One Direction song.
All my life
You stood by me
When no one else was ever behind me...
- A Tumblr user points out all of the show's redeeming qualities.
- And so does a different one, albeit in a much lengthier tone with some extra additions from other blogs.
- This Instagram photo by Trisha features a pair of Childhood Friends. Guess who?
- This Ship Tease of Brittnay and Mackenzie, parodying the movie poster of Pretty Woman.
- What MPGIS characters have taught us.
- AMV to the tune of "Jenny".
- An insightful YouTube comment regarding this series' fandom.
- The creators talking about their very kind fanbase.