Heartwarming: The Elenium
- In "The Ruby Knight": Kurik acknowledging his illegitimate son Talen.
"Are you ashamed of me, Father?" Talen asked in a small voice, his face downcast.Kurik looked at him. "No, Talen," he said, "actually, I'm not." He put his burly arm around the boy's shoulders. "This is my son, Talen," he said defiantly, "and if anybody wants to make an issue of it, I'll be more than happy to give him satisfaction and we can throw out the nonsense about the nobility and the commons not being allowed to fight each other."
- Almost as much as that, the other knights immediately congratulate Kurik on having such an amazing son. This drives Talen into Sephrenia's arms, tears flowing.
- The reunion of Sephrenia and Vanion at the end of Diamond Throne
- Anytime someone says "Little mother."
- Some lovely moments between Aphrael & Sparhawk- pretty much any time they're not snarking at each other, they're being adorable.
- One in particular stands out- when it finally hits him that his daughter is a goddess who's likely to have had many hundreds of fathers before him, she reassures him that not only does she love him, but that he was the best one she's had.
- And the moment she goes to retrieve Bhelliom - despite knowing she's an immortal who could survive pretty much anything thrown at her, he's still freaking out internally because it's his daughter down there.
- Kalten has convinced himself that the girl he's in love with is in love with Berit, and is quite willing to let them be together if it makes her happy. This is heartwarming in itself, but gets better when she realizes what he's doing and yells at him for not noticing that she's returned his feelings for pretty much the entire book.
- Despite the Ham-to-Ham Combat, the Gag Boobs, and the Anything That Moves implications, Sparhawk takes a moment to make sure that Lilias is able to provide for herself and that she has been doing ok since he left. He also works with her during their "breakup" to ensure that it will leave her suitably respected by the rest of her community.