Heartwarming: The Birdcage
- Armand's speech, even if he reconsiders his stance for the sake of Val later.
Armand: Yes, I wear foundation. Yes, I live with a man. Yes, I'm a middle-aged fag. But I know who I am, Val. It took me 20 years to get here, and I'm not going to let some idiot senator destroy that. Fuck the senator. I don't give a damn what he thinks.
- After the woman who gave birth to Val accidentally shows up and introduces herself, Val drops the entire act and reveals that Albert is his real mother.
Sen. Keeley: How many "mothers" does Val have?
Val: ... Just one. [removes Albert's wig] This is my mother. My father owns the club downstairs, my mother is the star. It's nice to meet you, Katherine.
Katherine: Nice to meet you. (to Albert and Armand) You've done a good job.
- Armand's speech to Albert at the bus stop:
Armand: My cemetery's in Key Biscayne. It's one of the prettiest in the world. The sky is blue, palm trees, rolling hills. The one is Los Copa's really shit. [sighs] What a pain in the ass you are. And it's true: you're not young, you're not new, and you do make people laugh. And me? I'm still with you because you make me laugh. So you know what I got to do? I got to sell my plot in Key Biscayne so I can get one next to you in that shithole Los Copa, so I never miss a laugh.
Armand: I'm 50 years old, there's only one place in the world that I call home and it's because you're there.
- That small moment where the sit quietly holding hands after Armand gives Albert the palimony agreement.
- Although Katherine is maternally distant from Val, she genuinely happy at the prospect of connecting with him and doing a favor for him.