Heartwarming: Taylor Swift
- The ending to the video for "Love Story" can get to certain people. Particularly when the couple being compared to good ol' dead Romeo and Juliet, having been split up by Juliet's dad, reunite, and the chorus is sung a bit differently...* sniff* It's better if you hear the whole song.
"Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone
I love you, and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby, just say yes..."
- Swift's song "Enchanted" is a sweet song about meeting Adam Young and being, well, enchanted. The Valentine's Day after it was released, Adam posted his own version of the song on his blog, directed to her. The heartwarming is pretty well summed up by his tweet about it: "Dear Taylor, everything about you is beautiful. I want you to know I was enchanted to meet you too." The music makes it even more magical and meaningful.
- The Meaningful Echo in "Mine". In the story of the song, the young woman remembers "how we sat there by the water/you put your arm around me for the first time/ you made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter/ you are the best thing that has ever been mine." At the song's conclusion, the woman fights with her husband, and feeling he is going to abandon her, runs off in despair. But he finds her and repeats the same words (i.e. the refrain) she has been singing in the whole song back to her with loving reassurance that he will never leave her.
I remember how we felt sitting by the waterAnd every time I look at you, it's like the first timeI fell in love with a careless man's careful daughterShe is the best thing that's ever been mine.
- "Our Song" and "The Best Day" are both long, beautiful ones.
- The ending to "Ours."
- "Long Live." That song is friendship.
- "Starlight" inspired by a photograph from a long time ago, warming hearts everywhere right now...Don't you dream impossible things?.
- "Stay Stay Stay" inspired by her desire to find a guy she won't want to leave and find the answer to a long lasting love affair.
- "Treacherous" as sexy as the lyrics are, the production is kind of heart felt and sweet.
- I can't decide if it's a choice, getting swept awayI hear the sound of my own voice, asking you to..stayall we are is skin and bone, trained to get alongforever going with the flow, but your friction...
- "Begin Again", considering that she frequently writes songs that take shots at her exes (something that often causes her to be seen as less likeable.) This is a genuinely heartfelt song about being so in love with her new boyfriend that she doesn't even feel the need to dwell on her previous heartbreaks.
- While "The Lucky One" is rather sad in some aspects (it being a Rockstar Song that's more about Artist Disillusionment), when you consider what happens to so many other White Dwarf Starlets in real life, it is sort of nice to hear that the nameless starlet Swift is singing about is still alive, well, and happy.
- "Innocent", the song she wrote for Kanye West after the VMA incident:
- It's all right, just wait and seeYour string of lights is still bright to meWho you are is not where you've beenYou're still an innocentIt's okay, life is a tough crowdThirty-two and still growing up nowYou're still an innocent.
- Taylor's been absurdly hands-on with her fanbase since the hype for 1989 began. Her Tumblr is mostly her replying to fans and putting smiles on their faces, which is pretty heartwarming in itself. She's even sent some fans gifts! "FROM A FRIEEEEEND!!!"
- One word: Swiftmas.
- "You Are In Love", a genuinely sweet and heartfelt love song. This line is especially nice, considering that Swift is famous for her bitter breakup songs:
For once, you let go of your fear and your ghosts.