- First off, pretty much any occurrence of "the happy-squeal" from one of the kids falls under this or Funny.
- When Selkie first realizes that Todd isn't yanking her chain - he genuinely means to adopt her.
- Selkie saying goodbye to her friend George.
Selkie: Tochte'kunet. Vahn sient toht... It's "Goodbye, my friends. I loves yous."
- When Todd realizes how much Selkie has in common with his childhood self, and that he has an obligation to her.
- Theo's parenting advice.
"Son, when an eight-year-old offers you their favorite food, don't recoil in horror.""Sometimes, part of being a dad is knowing when to suck it up and eat the eyeballs."
- Merigold quickly warms up to the girl.
- Immediately followed by this.
Todd: Welcome to the family, Selkie.
- The first day of Selkie's suspension (and throughout it, apparently), she gets to spend it with her grandparents. The Incredibly Lame Pun in the author's commentary caps it, though.