* Zanik's letter to the PlayerCharacter in [[http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Postbag_45 Postbag 45]], responding to VideoGameCaringPotential.
--->''Wow. I had no idea you felt that way.\\
I'm trying to find the best way to say this, so you'll understand. I don't know if this will make sense, I'm not sure if it even makes sense in my head, but I know what I've got to do and I've got to explain it to you so here goes.\\
Right now I'm sitting on top of a high cliff next to the ocean, and the sun's coming up. Every time I look at the sun, I think of you. You first showed it to me, the sky and the sun, and I'll always remember that. You showed me the surface, we went on this marvellous adventure, we did more than I could have imagined possible, and I'll always remember that.\\
And I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel something for you. Back when we were about to face Bandos, when we were standing by the portal about to go through, [[InterspeciesRomance a part of me really wanted to grab you and kiss you]]. But I thought that was crazy, [[MindRape I'd just had an evil god inside my head]] and I thought I was going to die and I wasn't thinking straight and so in the end I didn't do anything. But now it seems maybe you wanted me to, and now I have to tell you I can't, and I'm sorry, and I have to try to explain.\\
It's like...all the time we were adventuring together, it was all about you. You know? You were the hero, and I was the sidekick. I kept getting into trouble and you kept rescuing me. Even at the end, when we defeated Bandos, I got knocked out and you finished it alone. And in a way I kind of resent that. I wish I'd done it myself.\\
I don't want my whole life to be like that. I want to prove to myself that I can be an adventurer in my own right, be a hero, not just someone's sidekick, not even yours. So that's why I'm travelling alone right now, and I'm not looking for any travelling companions or any kind of serious relationship.\\
I hope you understand.\\
Still, I'll always think of you when I look up to the sun.\\
** Speaking of Zanik, take her to talk to Xenia during the tour of Lumbridge in "Death to the Dorgeshuun", and they'll have an instant rapport. Considering what a dishonest, vicious schemer Xenia can be during her spotlight quests, it's a ''very'' nice change of pace to see her so pleasant and sincere.
* The recent God Emissaries have released stories of what their gods have been up to, complete with some heartwarming moments. Armadyl's tells of his travels after he believed the aviansie were all killed in the God Wars. Something about his discovery of life on a barren planet was simply wonderful.
--->''The air here is toxic; hard, unrelenting gravity pulls me downward, and even I must toil to remain aloft. The world is gas, with no ground to stand on. And yet, this world is a paradise for the beings native to its atmosphere: tiny creatures, the biggest no larger than a wasp or a beetle.\\
They circle around me. At first, I thought they wanted to hide in the down of my feathers. But when I turned, they turned. When I stopped, they stopped. They were mimicking and playing.\\
I feel my old strength. Enough to make the journey back to my home. In the hollows of my bones, I know it is time to return, and to shelter my faithful beneath my wings once more.
* Also the Story of the Icyene in the Book of Saradomin. Having lost the love of his life to rebels, a young Icyene feels abandoned and attempts to commit suicide by waiting for the Cold Death. Then:
---> "It was then that He came. Like a second sun He shone on the horizon unerringly. At His side, almost invisible in Saradomin's brightness, I could see others. Among them was the surviving warrior.\\
My hope was reignited. Saradomin had returned and He had not forgotten me.
* If you side with the Guthixians or Saradominists during The World Wakes, Azzanadra is shocked by your betrayal. If you visit him after the quest is over, however, he says that he still considers you a friend.
* The last quest released in 2015, before the 15th anniversary of Runescape, sees you returning to a sunken [[NoobCave Tutorial Island]] in order to free the tutors from a curse put upon them by an impatient wizard. Here are some moments from it:
** If you completed Tutorial Island before it was removed from the game, almost all of the tutors will remember you in some way. The prayer tutor says this:
--> ''Brother Brace:''' Praise Saradomin, our saviour has arrived! My my, you certainly look more accomplished than the adventurers we used to get through here.
--> '''World Guardian''' I was one of those adventurers!
--> '''Brother Brace:''' It's a compliment! You're clearly more accomplished these days!
** One of the rewards for the quest is a piece of music. That music is the original Newbie Melody- the first song unlocked in the game, in all its MIDI Glory. Pure, distilled nostalgia.
** Simply the fact that you get to return here is heartwarming enough- Jagex has faithfully recreated the whole affair, albeit with an underwater flavor. You sadly don't get to raise it up, but you do get to save all of the tutors.
* During the quest The Mighty Fall you have to participate in a tournament to Bandos. Who are your support team? The trolls Burntmeat and My Arm who decide that they'd rather cheer for you than the troll champion since they consider you a friend.
* The ending of Broken Home. [[spoiler: If you choose the more peaceful option, Senecianus, the demonic creature who has unwittingly been terrorizing the mansion along with the ghost of Ormod, the previous owner, will help Ormod pass to the afterlife by pretending to be his son, Lenian, whom Senecianus unwittingly swallows. Sure, you know "Lenian" is really Senecianus (who stays in that form for what little of the quest remains), but it's still nice to see Ormod think that he is forgiven by his son (and he technically is, since the real Lenian wanted to tell him so) and pass on to the afterlife after relieving himself of the guilt of having unwittingly killed Lenian.]]