Heartwarming: Rocko's Modern Life
- In I Have No Son!, both Ed Bighead and his cartoonist son Ralph Bighead refuse to accept the other as family due to a difference in ideals. Ed wanted his son to work for Conglom-O, but pretty much disowned him when his speech turned out to be his announcement to move to Holl-O-wood and be a cartoonist. Despite all that, they each kept their halves of the split ceremonial donut, and when Ed finds this out during their intervention, his is touched by how Ralph does care about Conglom-O. Ralph corrects him that he didn't care about Conglom-O, but his father. Cue heartwarming hug and acceptance, as well as Ed asking if he makes a lot of money, which Ralph shows off his checkbook. "Ha! That's my boy!". It's even more warming in that it's the first time Ed actually comes out a winner.
- In a later episode, when Ralph approaches Rocko about working on a new cartoon for him (in an attempt to sabotage his contract to get the chance to make a masterpiece), his own dad, the same one who once disowned him for being a cartoonist, chastises him and says Rocko's idiocy will destroy his career. It shows that in the time since they patched up their relationship, Ed's actually grown to respect what his son does and doesn't want Rocko or his friends to taint it. (It turns into a Funny Moment moments later when Ralph explains that he KNOWS Rocko's idea will likely destroy his career, that he WANTS that to happen to try his hand as an actual artist and the look on Ed's face showing he's starting to get where his son is going with the plan.)
- In "An Elk for Heffer," Heffer (having pretended to be an elk) brings his new girlfriend Elkie home for dinner. (Unbeknownst to Heffer, he was supposed to bring an elk home to be eaten by the rest of the family.) However, when Heffer reveals he's not really an elk, Elkie immediately wants to break up. Heffer's father George instantly switches gears from wanting dinner to defending his son.
"What's the matter?! He's not good enough for you?! ... So what if he's not an elk? He's not a wolf, either, but we love him anyway."
- The Christmas episode, where Mr. Bighead finally gets his party invite, and Rocko's parents phone him all the way from Australia.
- The episode S.W.A.K. In the end, It looks like Rocko is going to lose yet again, but the mail carrier that he has a crush on turns out to return his affections. Aww.