Heartwarming / Parenthood
- Gil laughing after his youngest son trashes a school play, showing he can take joy in the roller coaster of life.
- Tod, bonding with Garry and showing signs of being a positive parental substitute for Garry's worthless Disappeared Dad.
- Highlighted by Tod's speech about parenting:
You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car. Hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father.
- Paired with Tearjerker, Frank's achingly simple, yet bizarrely gentle version of Brutal Honesty in his conversation with grandson Cool:
Cool: My dad's going away.
Cool: He's leaving right away.
Cool: Is he ever coming back?
) Would you like to stay here with us?
Frank: Okay, then.
- The ending. Admit it, you teared up.
2010 TV Series
- Zeek's "I did not give you permission to mess with my dreams" speech in the season 2 finale.
- Towards the end of season 3 when Sarah trusts Amber to figure out her own problems when she and her boss have romantic feelings for each other. Also a show of Character Development on her part.