While Paper Mario games are known in general for their FunnyMoments, there are some parts of them that could only have been written by an individual with a Pure Heart.
List of games with their own subpages
* The toads in Mushroom Kingdom all love Mario and trust him throughout the game.
* When you put a Scarf on one snowman and a bucket on another, they'll grant you entry to the Crystal Palace [[spoiler:and reward you with 4 Mushrooms and an Ultra Shroom the next time you spend the night at the Shiver City inn.]]
* [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl-m7wSQjag Mario and Peach's Theme]] that plays at the very end.
* When Tubba Blubba chases Mario out of his castle, the other Boos immediately hold the door shut as he escapes. One also expresses concern when Mario tells them that Tubba Blubba is chasing him.
* The citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom all wishing for the Princess to be alright as you ascend to the final level.
* Peach wishing for the Star Beam to gain power after Bowser cancels it out.
* Try talking to every NPC on the way to Peach's Castle after the final fight. They're all so happy to have things back to normal and so thankful to Mario for everything he's done.
* During the Epilogue sequence, Kolorado gets a message from his wife who is furious that he went on another expedition without informing her. What's Kolorado's response to the message? Abandon his expedition so that he can make up with his wife.
[[folder:The Thousand-Year Door]]
* When you defeat Hooktail, she coughs up Koops' dad Koopley, who has been living inside the dragon's stomach for 10 years, making a heartwarming reunion ensue.
* Another one happens when you free the other 90 Punies. Punio reunites with his little sister Petuni, who gives him a Dried Shroom. It was supposed to be a Mushroom, but she and the other Punies were imprisoned for so long. He eats it anyway, even though his disgust at the flavor is practically visible. What makes the scene even more precious is Punio embracing Petuni, much to her embarrassment. The two siblings show up at the very end to wish you and Peach farewell... and they have ''fresh'' Mushrooms this time.
* Another moment of heartwarming occurs after you defeat [[spoiler: Macho Grubba]], when it is revealed that X is [[spoiler: Jolene]], who [[spoiler: has sent Mario messages on his Mailbox SP because her brother, Prince Mush, has vanished and Grubba was responsible. Prince Mush came back and reunited with his sister.]]
* How can you forget Admiral Bobbery? [[spoiler: A letter written by his dead wife finally convinces him to return to the seas after a long, tear-invoking scene.]]
** And because of this, he helps save the world. It isn't hard to imagine that Scarlet would be proud of him.
* [[spoiler: Vivian]] deciding to stay on your side in Chapter 4's climax.
** Especially when the game decides to inform you: [[spoiler: Vivian has REALLY joined your party now!]]
* Before fighting the final boss, there's a sequence where you see characters sending encouraging messages/thoughts/whatever to Mario before facing the aforementioned boss, which is is definitely heartwarming in itself. See it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmXQvMkamhQ
** One that appears several times over, 'written' in green is "You go bro."
** Even better, said person can also be in the audience during your adventure. Including after the above point. Even though he's supposed to be on his own adventure he still comes out to support Mario to the end.
* The whole ending of the game, staring with [[spoiler: the initial good-byes of all the characters at the harbor, showing how all Mario's partners have grown over their adventure. Then, Goombella's e-mail tells Mario how everyone is doing, how everyone's lives got better because of Mario.]]
** Prior to that, for similar reasons, the most uplifting part of the HopeSpot scene during the final fight might not even be hearing the good wishes of all the friends and admirers Mario has made over the region - a large number of the speech bubbles that start filling the screen in the cut back to the palace are cheers for his by then definitely player-beloved ''partners''.
** Especially Vivian, who prior to her HeelFaceTurn was fully in league with the Shadow Sirens and the X-Nauts, and likely didn't have friends or acquaintances anywhere else. Despite that, there are people out there who remember her as much as they do the other partners, and are cheering just as loudly for her during that scene.
* [[PlayableEpilogue After beating the game]], a request at the trouble center opens up, which involves you helping Bub to make up with his mom after a fight. The letter Bub writes to her as well as his mother's reaction to it is truly touching.
* It's a small one, but the fourth cursed chest thanking Mario for letting him give a huge speech was touching.
* This line from Flavio towards the end of Chapter 5 just before he [[spoiler: asks Mario to take him to the Pirate Spirit Cortez (the chapter boss) to bargain for use of his ship to defend the crew from the X-naut vessel attacking the beach]]:
--> '''Flavio:''' Hey! I may be a coward and a cad, but I still lead you! I have a duty to protect you!
[[folder: Paper Mario: Sticker Star]]
* Saving the Toads causes them to sincerely thank you, and even help you out at times.
* Bouquet Gardens has a Toad crying over a former flower patch (which was blown away by the Fan Thing). [[spoiler:Paperizing three Fire and/or Ice Flower stickers will cause the flowers to grow back. After this, the Toad proceeds to happily water the new flowers and gives you an HP Up heart]].
* Wiggler is so happy once Mario helps him out in Chapter 3, that's pretty heartwarming. It doesn't stop there either, [[spoiler:Wiggler grows up into Flutter, and helps Mario get to World 6 in order to return the favor]].
* What does Mario do when [[spoiler:he has all of the Royal Stickers and gets to make his wish? Restore Kersti back to life]]. Aww.
* The credits sequence shows everyone in the game happy and smiling, even [[spoiler: [[AntiVillain Mizzter Blizzard]], who has come back to life]].
[[folder:Paper Mario: Color Splash]]
* Up until her kidnapping, Peach can heal Mario to full health for free if he visits her.
** And well after, once you complete the Dark Bloo Inn sidequest, the inn staff will let you stay overnight despite being booked by letting you sleep in the lobby.
* Visiting a purple Toad on a rooftop will have him wax nostalgic about other friends, including a friend named Piper, who gave him a seed to plant so when it was fully-grown they'd all reunite like they did when they were young. The farther you progress, the closer the wish comes to coming true.
* A Soggy Shy Guy is bullied for not being part of the crowd, but determines to be himself and stay a single-layer Shy Guy of awesomeness. He also thanks Mario for saving him from the waterwheel.
* Justice Toad is ecstatic over actually being able to help, declares that he ''does'' have superpowers, and Huey is sincerely grateful to him.
* The professor's joy at being reunited with Princess, his pet Chain Chomp.
* Trying to paint areas too big for Mario to handle will have Huey tell Mario he can't do it, but not to let it get him down.
* Stepping across the six Green Rescue Squad members (they're making a bridge) causes them to say "Thank you so very much!" in sequence.
* On the Sunset Express, a Shy Guy decides to speak with Mario. He laments that he dreamed of going to a far away place, but being in Bowser's army means he has to give up on his dreams. Towards the end of the conversation, he realizes the next time he and Mario meet, they're more likely gonna meet as enemies, but thanks him for hearing him out.
* At Cape Starlight, Mario and Huey see a shooting star. Mario wishes for Peach to be okay, while Huey wishes for the Big Paint Stars to be rescued. Immediately after he makes the wish, the orange Big Paint Star appears.
* Bowser visibly enjoying himself during the end-credits parade. After all his DesignatedMonkey-ism and DesignatedVillain-y in the story, it's nice to see him get such a ThrowTheDogABone here.
* If you get 100% completion, [[spoiler: Huey does come back just as he promised at the ending.]]
* It's subtle, but the World Map music gets a little livelier each time you restore a Big Paint Star, which is easier to hear if you [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncHbeq64Tz8 listen to each variant back to back]]. In that sense, you can actually hear your efforts restoring the island back to its former glory.
* After seeing that the train that he helped rebuild won't be sent to the dump and it was actually well-liked, the train depot manager regained the motivation of continuing on his career and comes out of retirement with his coworkers giving him a hip-hip hooray toss in the air.