- "To The Sky" is an uplifting heartwarmer, especially if you've read Guardians of Ga'Hoole.
- Even if you haven't, the lyrics are full of very powerful bird metaphors that serve to reinforce the message beautifully.
- Speaking of heartwarming, Taylor Swift's song "Enchanted" is a sweet song about meeting Adam and being, well, enchanted. The Valentine's Day after it was released, Adam posted his own version of the song on his blog, directed to her. The heartwarming is pretty well summed up by his tweet about it: "Dear Taylor, everything about you is beautiful. I want you to know I was enchanted to meet you too."
- An example from All Things Bright and Beautiful, Honey and the Bee is a pretty sweet song. Kudos to Adam for setting up these two lonely individuals and then bursting into possibly one of his sweetest, most beautiful songs yet.
- These lyrics from Plant Life:
If I were to pluck on your heartstrings, would you strum on mine?
- The whole of Vanilla Twilight is naturally one, but the last verse in particular:
And I'll forget the world that I knew, but I swear I won't forget you/Oh, if my voice could reach back through the past, I'd whisper in your ear/Oh, darling I wish you were here.
- Tip of the Iceberg may have one set of creepy lyrics, but it is honestly sweet and heartwarming. From the Determinator narrator braving the ice and snow, to the final set of lyrics, which are honestly just beautiful:
snow drifts build up and enfold us/as we wait out this winter storm/so we snuggle close in the darkness/and keep each other so warm...
- Dreams And Disasters is an upbeat, catchy, and great song about not giving up through the good and bad times.
- "Peppermint Winter." He manages to capture everything we love about Christmas, and set it to a beautiful melody.
This peppermint winter is so sugar-sweet, I don't need to taste to believe, what's December without Christmas Eve?
- This set of lyrics from Gold are remarkably touching.
I don't need the stars in the night, I found my treasure, all I need is you by my side, so shine forever.
- When Can I See You Again from Wreck-It Ralph.
- "Good Time" with Carly Rae Jepsen. Especially the lyrics. Here is a brief example:
Good morning and good night. I wake up at twilight, It's gonna be alright. We don't even have to try, It's always a good time.
- His song for Oreos is pretty much the cutest thing ever.
- Embers. It's a gloriously upbeat song just brimming with 'don't give up'.
'Cause we're burning bright, as we all unite, and when it's all said and done, we'll shine like the sun, so don't let the fire die. And we'll watch the sky, as it fills with light
, and though the embers are new, whatever you do, just don't let the fire die
- "Beautiful Times", his single collab with Lindsey Stirling:
I fought all through the night / Oh oh, but I made it alive / The sun's starting to rise / Oh oh, these are beautiful times
This fight of my life is so hard, so hard, so hard / But I'm gonna survive / Oh oh, these are beautiful times
- Most, if not all, of the love songs from ''Ocean Eyes," which displays Adam's keen ear for lyrics that express love in the most beautifully convoluted ways.