- Many of his songs but mainly, "Vanilla Twilight",
"Oh, if my voice could reach through the past, I'd whisper in you ear: 'Oh darling, I wish you were here.'"
- And this particular line is love incarnate.
"The silence isn't so bad/'Till I look at my hand and feel sad/'Cause the spaces between my fingers/Are right where yours fit perfectly."
- The last verse in particular:
And I'll forget the world that I knew, but I swear I won't forget you/Oh, if my voice could reach back through the past, I'd whisper in your ear/Oh, darling I wish you were here.
- And this particular line is love incarnate.
- "If My Heart Was A House" is the most underrated love song ever. There, I said it.
Circle me, and the needle moves gracefullyBack and forthIf my heart was a compass you'd be NorthRisk it all cause I'll catch you if you fallWherever you goIf my heart was a house you'd be home
- "The Bird and the Worm," in spite of (or rather because of) all of the punny lyrics, is simply too cute for words.
- "Explorers" by Sky Sailing is a cute song about spending the day underwater, after discovering that the singers can breathe underwater. Which makes you wonder why they hadn't figured it out sooner.
Candace: MOM! Phineas and Isabella are breathing underwater!
- "To The Sky" is an uplifting heartwarmer, especially if you've read Guardians of Ga'Hoole. Even if you haven't, the lyrics are full of very powerful bird metaphors that serve to reinforce the message beautifully.
- Speaking of heartwarming, Taylor Swift's song "Enchanted" is a sweet song about meeting Adam and being, well, enchanted. The Valentine's Day after it was released, Adam posted his own version of the song on his blog, directed to her. The heartwarming is pretty well summed up by his tweet about it: "Dear Taylor, everything about you is beautiful. I want you to know I was enchanted to meet you too."
- An example from All Things Bright and Beautiful, "Honey and the Bee" is a pretty sweet song. Kudos to Adam for setting up these two lonely individuals and then bursting into possibly one of his sweetest, most beautiful songs yet.
- These lyrics from "Plant Life":
If I were to pluck on your heartstrings, would you strum on mine?
- "Tip of the Iceberg" may have one set of creepy lyrics, but it is honestly sweet and heartwarming. From the Determinator narrator braving the ice and snow, to the final set of lyrics, which are honestly just beautiful:
Snow drifts build up and enfold us/as we wait out this winter storm/so we snuggle close in the darkness/and keep each other so warm...
- "Dreams And Disasters" is an upbeat, catchy, and great song about not giving up through the good and bad times.
- "Peppermint Winter." He manages to capture everything we love about Christmas, and set it to a beautiful melody.
This peppermint winter is so sugar-sweet, I don't need to taste to believe, what's December without Christmas Eve?
- This set of lyrics from "Gold" are remarkably touching.
I don't need the stars in the night, I found my treasure, all I need is you by my side, so shine forever.
- "When Can I See You Again" from Wreck-It Ralph.
- "Good Time," his duet with Carly Rae Jepsen, lives up to it's name by just being full of good vibes.
Good morning and good night. I wake up at twilight, It's gonna be alright. We don't even have to try, It's always a good time.
- His song for Oreos is pretty much the cutest thing ever.
- "Embers". It's a gloriously upbeat song just brimming with 'don't give up'.
There were days when each hour was a war I fought to survive. There were nights full of nightmares, and I dreaded closing my eyes. There were skies, that burst open, with a downpour to drown me alive. But the world took a spark, like a match in the dark, and the fire brought me to life.
- The chorus. Pure You Are Not Alone combined with never give up.
- "Beautiful Times", his single collab with Lindsey Stirling:
I fought all through the night / Oh oh, but I made it alive / The sun's starting to rise / Oh oh, these are beautiful timesThis fight of my life is so hard, so hard, so hard / But I'm gonna survive / Oh oh, these are beautiful times
- Most, if not all, of the love songs from ''Ocean Eyes," which displays Adam's keen ear for lyrics that express love in the most beautifully convoluted ways.
- "The Bird and the Worm", a bubbly song from the perspective of a boyfriend gushing to his lover about how great their love is.
- "The Saltwater Room", a beautiful song that runs rampant with vibrant love-based imagery. Even better? It's a duet with an actual female, Breanne Duren. The dynamic they create is amazing.