Heartwarming: Orange Is The New Black
- The end of Blood Donut has the track being reopened and Watson running with a huge smile.
- Sophia getting a Christmas card from her son.
- In an earlier episode, we see her wife helped her transition.
- Poussey, distraught that she didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Taystee before the latter's release, sees Taystee through the window dancing as she gets into the van.
- The flashback of Watson being kicked out of the party. The reason? The house owner didn't want a promising kid like Janae hanging around gangsters and thugs.
- He then offers to help pay for her running and asks one of his friends to make sure she gets home safe.
- When Claudette decides to reopen her case because she receives a letter from Baptiste. He's coming back to America. They're Just Friends.
- Daya and John's tobacco shack meet-ups.
- When Daya discovers John has a prosthetic leg. She kisses it and, later on, makes him a drawing of her with a prosthetic arm.
- The flashback of Red comforting Nicky while she detoxed.
You have to hit rock bottom to know which direction to go in. Welcome to the floor, kid.
- After the heartbreaking death of Tricia, representatives of each prison group, Blacks, Hispanics, and Golden Girls, offer goods in her memory. The best part was seeing all of the ladies get together regardless of their clique.
- The wake that the white inmates throw for Tricia and Boo pouring one out for her, despite their tension over Mercy's release.
- Really, any time the ladies get together without antagonizing each other is a heartwarming moment.
- Larry and Piper's first meeting. Almost immediately following Polly's remark that, in the end, we need someone there for us who knows when to order Chinese... And then Larry offers to order food for the two of them.
- Red telling Nicky she doesn't care that Nicky snitched her out to Pornstache and is therefore the reason the drugs are still coming into Litchfield. Nicky's her girl, and they're going to take out Pornstache.
- The Big Damn Kiss between Alex and Piper at the end of Fucksgiving. Also their reunion despite Piper cheating on Larry.
- Despite the topic they're discussing - Daya having to fuck Pornstache and then claim he raped her to get Bennett out of rape charges - Aleida, Gloria, and Red all banding together to help and advise Daya as much as they can is kind of sweet. Especially Aleida showing she actually does care what happens to her daughter.
- In Can't Fix Crazy, when Norma starts singing in the Christmas pageant after Suzanne gets too scared to sing in front of an audience.. Also, when Boo silently thanks Morello for the slippers. Aaawww.
- After learning of Daya's plan, Bennett starts cooling towards her. Then, while they're in the kitchen, a grease fire breaks out and Bennett protectively embraces her.
- Taystee, Poussey, Black Cindy and Janae all coaching Piper on how to beat the shit out of someone. Piper uses all of the moves they suggest in her fight with Doggett. The black inmates pretty much saved her life.
- Taystee in particular shows surprising concern for Piper, making sure she was okay after the bathroom confrontation with Doggett.
- After Piper seems to be preparing some kind of nasty revenge on Red involving hot pepper juice, it turns out she was actually making a balm for Red's back problems. It doesn't work, but Red appreciates the gesture and drops her grudge.
- When Pennsatucky and Healy sit together during the Valentines Day dance. Both are feeling lonely , Pennsatucky has been kicked out of her little 'group', and Healy has come to the realisation that he has no-one that likes him. Healy offers Pennsatucky half of his valentines cookie, and Pennsatucky just leans over and hugs him, like a daughter looking for comfort from her father. Even sweeter is when Healy returns the embrace.
- Rosa's relationship with the boy she meets during her chemotherapy treatment. They become friends despite their initially awkward meeting, and they even pull off a small heist together by stealing from one of the nurses. Rosa even panics when she sees the boy crying with his mother, assuming that he's been told he's going to die. Which only makes it all the more heartwarming when she realises that he's gone into remission, even if it means they won't see one another again. "Enjoy your life, shitpot!"
- Taystee has apparently known about Poussey's unrequited crush on her for quite some time, and handles it with a lot of compassion and grace.
- Nicky comforting Morello after Christopher humiliates her in front of her everyone in the visiting ward, telling her that she loves her after Morello says that nobody does.
- And Gina figuring out that Nicky is hiding drugs and refusing to let her out of her sight until she turns them over to Red.
- Suzanne, of all people, comforting Morello during the Valentine's Day party. They share a very sincere hug.
- During the flood, the now publicly pregnant Daya starts having breathing problems, and an older male CO orders her to do jumping jacks, much to Bennett's dismay. It turns out the CO understood what the problem was and was actually helping her out.
- After Maria finds out she's not being transferred, she gets a visit from her boyfriend and baby. The boyfriend actually talks to the baby after Maria begs him to start doing so even though he doesn't talk at all.
- Morello giving the keys to the prison van to Rosa during lockdown, allowing her to escape and die on her own terms.
- A very twisted heartwarming moment is centered around Pornstache when Caputo fired him for supposedly impregnating Daya. He doesn't mind being fired, he doesn't even care about being arrested. He's just elated that he's having a baby with the woman he's head-over-heels for.
Mendez: I want to name it Stan! Okay? Don't lift anything heavy, and no tuna fish or soft cheese! I'm coming back for you, baby, and I'm gonna take care of you! Both of you!
- Sophia's son finally coming to visit her and the two smiling and playing cards together.
- Gina and everyone finally forgiving Red.
- One of Soso's naive exploits finally pays off when she gets a bunch of other inmates to join her impromptu sing-along during the blackout.
- After Sister Ingalls faints during the hunger strike, Sophia can be seen stroking her back comfortingly.
- Doggett to Healey : after she misses one of his group sessions and he cancels it in frustration (she was the only consistent attender) and is upset because he sees her being friendly with Big Boo and getting a short haircut. She explains that it is because of him that she can open up enough to be around people she would never have talked to otherwise. She goes on to tell him she will forever be grateful to him because he was the first person in all her life to really listen to her and that he is good at what he does. And as a bonus, when he tells her "I thought we shared the same values" in regards to her hanging out with Big Boo and getting a short haircut she agrees and gives those values as "we like to express ourselves and we like to be kind to people." All this on the heel of Healey having yet another moment that makes him feel 'useless in face of the system.
- Amid the otherwise almost wall-to-wall Tear Jerker that is Poussey's flashback episode, her father's Papa Wolf reaction when his German commanding officer suggests he send her to a Cure Your Gays facility.
- Red and Piper's relationship over the course of the season, going from tense bunkmates to almost mother and daughter.
- Nicky turning in the heroin Taystee gave her to Red, then apologizing for screwing up. Red holding her in her arms while telling Nicky she did a good job really shows you the mother-daughter relationship they have.
- Morello and Rosa's conversation in the van in the middle of Episode 13:
Rosa: You got one fucked-up perspective on the world, kid.Morello: Yeah, I hear that a lot. I guess that's why I gotta be locked up.Rosa: No... That's what makes you great.Morello: Thanks, Rosa.
- Daya pressures Bennett into telling Caputo that he's the father of her child, feeling guilty over Mendez's fate. Despite the fact that he has a boatload of misgivings and knows the repercussions, he eventually does own up to the pregnancy, and boldly. Not that it goes well.
- In a twisted way, Mendez giving Bennett a sort of Cooldown Hug after the latter goes berserk on the black women's dorms (even though Mendez inadvertently caused it in the first place)