- When you learn the reason as to why Ed keeps refering to alchemy as magic.
- Trisha: And Ed, don't keep calling it alchemy...it sounds so pretentious...(dies)
- Ed showed little more than indifference (or annoyance) to Nina for most of the episode, but when he sees what he'd done to Nina and Alexander... wow.
Ed: THAT MONSTER TUCKER TURNED A REALLY FUNNY GIRL INTO A TRAGICALLY UNFUNNY CREATURE! HE'S MINE! I'M GOING TO EAT HIM!
- Actually, Ed seemed pretty fond of Nina, going as far to say that she should be his sister.
- Her death pushes Ed into leaving the military, much to Roy's shock.
- Ed's talk with Barry the Chopper:
Ed: And to be honest, I've been looking into your work, it's quite interesting. "Winry janks a chain to get his attention." Yeah, not right now, Winry. Y'see, just the other day, I saw some horrifying stuff. Naturally, I was disturbed, since it involved a friend of mine. But, I got to admit, it's opened my mind a bit. My life just seems to revolve around the grotesque, so I'm even drawn to it now.Barry the Chopper: Heh, yeah, as a butcher, I can totally relate.Ed: And y'know, I look at you, taking beautiful subjects and turning them into incomprehensible clusterfucks that're impossible not to find amusing. You really inspire me. I think you inspire a lot of people. Sure, Society may look at you as some crazy freak, but not me. Not me.Barry the Chopper: Aah, that's really sweet of you to say.
- Ed's goodbye with Russell, Vitriolic Best Buds style.
Russell: Best of luck, dickhead.Ed: You too, arsehole.Russell: Twatface!Ed: Bollock-toucher!