After Twilight fulfills her destiny, the first group of people she thanks were her friends, whom she said made it possible for her to be where she is. Broken Base or not, this scene will make you gush with "liquid pride", much like Shining Armor did.
Twilight: A little while ago, my teacher and mentor Princess Celestia sent me to live in Ponyville. She sent me to study friendship, which is something I didn't really care much about. But now, on a day like today, I can honestly say I wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for the friendships I've made with all of you. Each one of you taught me something about friendship, and for that, I will always be grateful. Today, I consider myself the luckiest pony in Equestria. Thank you, friends. Thank you, everypony!
"True True Friend." If any one song in the entire series distills the message of the show, its this one. It's even the closing credits for the episode!
- As she says the speech, you can see the other Mane 6 holding back tears and smiling.
- In thanking her friends, she waves them out onto the balcony to share the praise of the citizens. She even offers her friends a little bow. Quite a gesture from a princess while her entire nation is watching.
- At the start of the song in Fluttershy's cottage (when Twilight sings "A true, true friend helps a friend in need") a squirrel looks up and sees a mouse who's hungry and sad. The squirrel gives the mouse an acorn and the mouse cheers up and smiles.
- When trying to do their true job, each pony starts by doing it hesitantly and unsure of themselves. As they succeed in doing it they get more and more confident until at the end they're smiling and joyful. At the same time, the pony they're trying to help is severely depressed (and Rarity and Applejack are in tears), but their spirits are lifted by the sight of their friend helping fix things.
- When each pony turns back to normal, they immediately help their friends.
Twilight: It worked! It worked! Oh, I'm so happy you're back to normal! Now we need your help!
(Twilight and Fluttershy sing to Rainbow, telling her to help Rarity)
Rainbow: Uh, what just happened?
Twilight: There's no time to explain, but we need your help. Applejack's trying to make dresses!
Rainbow: Say no more!
(Rainbow sings to Rarity, telling her to help Appleack)
Rarity: (gasps) Oh my, what a terrible dream I had. Or, maybe I'm still having it.
Twilight: Rarity, Pinkie Pie is about to lose the apple farm. We need Applejack's help!
Rarity: Lose the apple farm? Well we can't let that happen, now can we?
(Rarity sings to Appleack, telling her to help Pinkie)
Applejack: Yee-haw! Now that's more like it, what's next?
Twilight: The townspeople are furious, we need the old Pinkie Pie back.
Applejack: I'm on it, I know just the thing.
(Appleack sings to Pinkie, telling her to cheer up the ponies in the town)
- In light of Look Before You Sleep, Rarity immediately turning to help Applejack after her cutie mark is restored. The two used to barely tolerate each other, and now you couldn't separate them with a reality-twisting unfinished spell.
- Seeing Pinkie Pie start to slowly cheer up as Applejack and her friends help her, especially her giving a smile (the first we've seen from her in the episode), to Applejack. It's been made clear in the past that Pinkie has some insecurities about how her friends feel about her, which makes this moment even more heartwarming.
- How overjoyed all of Ponyville is to see Pinkie Pie. That pony really is friends with the entire town. All it takes is the mere sight of Pinkie to instantly cheer up the townsponies. For fans of Pinkie Pie, the enormous cheer the Ponyville residents give upon her restoration is a CMOH to the entire series.
- And to top off such an awesome, heartwarming song, this.◊ Nothing will ever break apart the Mane Six. Nothing.