Heartwarming / Megamind
Click here to see the most heartwarming moment of the movie. Beware of spoilers.
- It's rather sweet that a bunch of convicts would take in and raise a baby. While Megamind's criminal parents might not have been as pleasant as Metro Man's rich parents, it's notable that both aliens came to this world and almost immediately found a family.
- A hidden Metro Man's So Proud of You to Mega Mind, though the latter never hears it.
- Megamind visiting Metro Man's shrine after his "death" and reminiscing about their relationship. He even brings yellow roses, which symbolize friendship. Awwww.
- Minion, posing as the Warden accepting Megamind's apology.
- When Roxanne hugs Megamind disguised as Bernard. His reaction strongly suggests that he'd never been hugged before.
- In fact, pretty much any scene with Roxanne and "Bernard" bonding, especially talking about his crappy childhood and kissing at the fancy dinner. If only she hadn't touched the watch...
- Well, she kind of had to touch the watch, so they could move past everything and get to a real place in their relationship. Which is pretty heartwarming, in and of itself.
- "It's too bad you and I didn't go to the same school."
- Roxanne's inspirational speech to Megamind when Titan is holding her hostage:
- Roxanne running to Megamind's side after he's attacked by Titan. Even though it's actually Minion, it's so sweet.
- "You were right Roxy. I never should have left."
- "I did look back!"
- "You did? You did?" Just look at the expression of pure joy on his face. Look at it.
- When, towards the end, Roxanne switches the holographic watch off so that 'Metro Man' turns back into Megamind. The looks they exchange speak volumes.
- This exchange after Megamind takes away Titan's powers, defeating him.
Roxanne: You did it! You won!
Megamind: Well, I finally had a reason to win. You.
- Several times, Megamind performs impressive linguistic feats to avoid apologizing or admitting he's ever been wrong about anything. Then Minion, disguised as the warden, calls him out after he hides from the world in jail...
Megamind: If you want to hear me say it, I'll say it! Here it is; from the blackest part of my heart: I! Am! Sorry!
- "You know...you look really good in white."
- Final scene: Roxanne jumps into Megamind's arms and kisses him on the cheek. Megamind's expression is that of pure joy!
- That whole finale altogether, that Megamind is finally admired by the people of Metro City for his heroism.
Mayor: Ladies and gentlemen, Megamind, defender of Metro City!
Megamind: (voiceover) You know...I like the sound of that.
- When Megamind and Minion are breaking out of prison one last time to go confront Titan, they pass the warden, who had been left tied to a chair by Minion, and he calls to them "Good luck, fellas!" It's such a sweet moment, because, let's face it, the warden was the closest thing Megamind ever had to a father.
- Related to that, at the start of the film, the Warden is clearly sneaking the present past security, even if he doesn't give it to him and is clearly unaware it's just a ploy.
- Megamind reappears and reminds Titan the difference between a villain and a supervillain, during which Titan is temporarily sidelined. Megamind rescues Roxy, and her first words to him are I knew you'd come back! And she did, even if he didn't.
- Her awed expression moments before, when Megamind announces his presence.
- "And Megamind, this one's for Space Stepmom! You LIED to her!" Played for Laughs or not, for Titan to show that much love and care for his...erm, Space Stepmom was oddly sweet, in a hilarious kind of way.
- The simple fact that Megamind's parents, knowing they wouldn't be there for their son, gave him a "Minion", a protector and companion to accompany him to Earth. Even Superman's parents didn't think to do that.
Button of Doom short
- Megamind has a recording of Metro Man's song in his lair.
- Megamind and Minion are in happy tears when they discover that Metro City gave them their own signal.