Heartwarming: League of Legends
- Urf Day. Following the huge success of Warwick's Urf the Manatee skin, Riot donated the proceeds they had received during April Fools' to an organization devoted to the preservation of manatees.
- In the wake of the tragic 2011 earthquake and tsunami that devastated Japan, Riot put Akali and her Nurse skin on sale and donated all proceeds from the sale of both to the American Red Cross to aid with the relief efforts. At the end of the event over 50,000 summoners had contributed and Riot made a donation of over $160,000!
- The story of Joe, a Ewing's Sarcoma patient who was invited to tour Riot through the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Riot then put Joe's favorite skin, Jaximus, on sale, with all proceeds going to Make-a-Wish. When Joe passed away, Jaximus got a unique new line. "Here's to you, kid!"
- Riot artist IronStylus was tasked with designing a female tank champion. He needed a strong woman to base her on... so he asked his wife to be the model. He later admitted Leona's default art is more or less an unaltered portrait of his wife, just with her hair and eyes colored orange.
- Trials of the Poro, a short movie about one of the game's mascot Ridiculously Cute Critters getting caught up in a huge battle somewhere in Freljord while searching for Poro Snax. The heartwarming comes in when the terrified little poro is saved from an enormous Rain of Arrows by a huge, cheerful, bald warrior with a giant shield and a Badass Mustache (actually the first reveal of upcoming champion Braum) who, after saving him, arranges his fur into a little mustache of his own.
Braum: Next time, you get my back, eh?
Braum: "Sometimes icy heart just needs warm smile."
- Braum himself is essentially a Crowning Character of Heartwarming in many ways. Not only is he a Spirited Competitor and ultimately friendly to every other Champion in the league, but this carries over into gameplay as well - his entire kit is dedicated to protecting his teammates and shielding them from enemy attacks. You will feel good playing this Champion or being supported by him. His W skill, titled "Stand Behind Me," is often accompanied by lines such as "Stand behind Braum!" or "And you thought you were in trouble." His whole personality can be summed up in one of his movement quotes:
- Compounding this is his backstory/lore. What was that, you thought he'd be a Stepford Smiler with a tragic backstory to make him look like a Sad Clown? Well, NOPE. Braum's lore is basically just yet another his folk tales about saving other people. He's always a positive Nice Guy from get-go and has always been as such from start to finish. There's no such thing as angst in Braum, he's genuinely friendly, cheery, supportive. Sometimes, in the world where 'edgy is cool' and True Art Is Angsty, it's always assuring that there are guys like Braum, like saying that you don't have to be dark and edgy to be cool, and being a Nice Guy isn't that boring, but awesome.
- Azir's reincarnation story. Sivir has just been betrayed by Cassiopeia (who in turn, becomes cursed herself, and released Renekton and Xerath back upon the world) and left for dead. What's Azir's first thoughts upon returning from the dead due to Sivir's blood (having unknowingly been descended of his bloodline) and actions? He picks her up and takes her to a place with healing waters, and brings her back from the brink of death. This selfless act, causes him to receive the power of Ascension, and begin the revival of Shurima.
- The reason Lee allowed his fellow monks to stop his self-immolation? His sister, who was living in Galrin (which was one of several Noxian-occupied provinces at the time), visited him after Ionia was liberated.
- After a mutual hostility that lasted years of real time, the former partners Twisted Fate and Graves have resolved their differences. They're even officially listed as "Friends" on their respective champion bios. (Though you'd better believe they had to earn that reconciliation.)
- Reginald: Fear of Failure features Team Solomid's captain Andy "Reginald" Dinh and his tale of going from a troubled schoolkid to the leader of one of America's biggest teams. It's really inspiring and almost goes into Tear Jerker in a few parts.
"There's always gonna be that bad guy, and I don't mind being it."
- Siv HD, who managed to raise over $100,000 for charity in a single day.
- Who says that even fandom can't make a heartwarming story, even if it's probably non-canon? Take a look at She Who Is Like A Sun To Me, which takes Pantheon's baker joke and Leona's protective instinct into a story of sweet friendship that may shed a lot more humanity on the war-worshipping Rakkor warrior, and launch the Pantheon/Leona ship even further. note
- And if you look at the comments of the link... it looks like IronStylus loves this one.
- What does it mean to be human?
- Also mixing with Moment of Awesome and Tear Jerker, here's a video made in the same place as the Stick Figure Spotlights: Summoner Showdown 2. What does it show? A sweet reminder that regardless of his more Camp Gay fun portrayal, Taric is still deep down a sweet Knight in Shining Armor that will protect you and avenge the hell out of your ADC if you fall.
- This custom login screen for Ahri. Sleep Cute indeed.
- The support player for Renegades, Remilia, had haters bashing her everywhere for simply being a girl who wanted to be in the LCS. She later posted a Reddit thread which spoke about her thoughts on being in Renegades and that sadly, she may bow out for another "project". Dozens of her fans proceeded to comfort and encourage her.