Heartwarming: Killer Instinct
- The very fact that Aganos respectfully buries his opponent, even pulling a flower off himself to put on the grave, whenever he wins.
- The fact that for the first thousand or so years of his existence Aganos was a simple mindless golem, until the unnamed Babylonian King obtained him and gave him a simple command which gave him the ability to think and act on his own;
- Out of gratitude Aganos served the king for the rest of his life and has spent centuries, even as he is slowly breaking down, fulfilling the king's final wish: finish Kan-Ra.
- In one of Orchid's endings, Jago comes to his sister's aid to support her and heal her troubled mind.
- One of Sabrewulf's endings; After defeating all competition in the tournament he realizes that he feels victorious, and that the feeling makes him human. After the moon passes he starts to feel more human than he has in years, and decides to find a shirt.
- Fulgore has Eagle's soul within him, and is slowly gaining Eagle's conscious.
- Hisako is vengeful and scary, but ultimately heroic. She died taking up her dead father's naginata and using it to fight a group of bandits, restoring his honor and protecting her village from being razed. The villagers set up a shrine to honor her as the village's guardian. Even when revived as an angry onryo hundreds of years later, her only motivation is to restore the graves of her people and get payback after Ultratech disturbed them.