* Norrell's joyous reaction to seeing Strange performing magic for the first time. After chapters of being a dour and miserly figure, the effect on the reader is striking.
* Wellington is alone among the British government in his unwavering faith in and loyalty towards Strange, even after [[spoiler: the Gentleman curses him with Eternal Darkness and he goes mad]].
* [[spoiler: The Raven King]] rewarding Childermass' loyalty by healing a cut on his cheek.
* [[spoiler: Jonathan and Arabella's]] reunion in the book, where he promises to one day return to her.
* In the BBC series, Honeyfoot has a private moment during the Miracle of York, smiling tearfully at the beauty of a singing statue.
* In the BBC finale, Strange and Norrell share several moments:
** [[spoiler: Norrell choosing to use Strange's summoning spell and complimenting Strange's book - which it was in - as the finest and most beautiful book of magic he's ever read.]]
** [[spoiler: Norrell promising to continue Strange's mission if the latter dies.]]
** [[spoiler: Strange's heartfelt thanks upon the mission's end stand out.]]
** Strange [[spoiler: calling Norrell his friend]] and [[spoiler: quietly apologising for his mocking laughter at Norrell's feeble attempts at combat magic]].
** Norrell, in return, [[spoiler: calls Strange his friend as the Black Tower is seemingly about to destroy them both]].