Heartwarming: Johnny Depp
- After his daughter succesfully recovered in Great Ormond Street Hospital from a serious kindey failure caused by E.Coli, Depp came to the hospital dressed as Jack Sparrow and for four hours he read stories to children (it is said that he had his costume shipped from the United States to England just for the occasion). Afterwards he donated $2 million to the hospital.
- He is reported to ALWAYS bring his Captain Jack Sparrow uniform with him whenever he travels. Why? He brings it in case he has time to stop by a children's hospital to perform as the character for the children!
- During an "Inside the Actors Studio" interview he answered the question, "What sound or noise do you love?" with "My daughter's voice."
- A mugger attempted to attack him and a friend, but the mugger put down his weapon when he saw who it was, saying "I ain't stealing from Captain Jack." Then Johnny gave the mugger some money and told him to straighten up his life instead of having him arrested.
- Just anything he says about his mom. Ever.
- He donated his entire paycheck from The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus to Heath Ledger's daughter (as did co-stars Jude Law and Colin Farrell).
- While filming a movie, Depp met a boy who said he liked his hat. Depp promised to give it to the boy when the filming was done. You'd better believe that kid got the hat. He's pretty much always sweet to little kids.
- A nine-year-old British girl wrote to him asking for help with a mutiny at her school, so he showed up there out of the blue dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow. They met again when he invited her to the UK premier of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides as his guest.
- He's reported to be a very generous tipper, sometimes leaving thousands of dollars.
- "Anything I've done up till 27 May, 1999 was kind of an illusion, existing without living. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life."
- Depp and Pirates co-star Stephen Graham visited the Lady Cilento Children's Hospital in Brisbane, Australia. The sheer delight on those kids' faces will melt you into a puddle of goo.
- Johnny adopted the horse named Goldeneye that played his character's horse Gunpowder in Sleepy Hollow when he heard he was going to be put down.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.