When he is not getting booed out of the building, he is setting the record for the most Make-A-Wishes.
- The 11-15-10 "Retro" Raw provided one during the segment between John Cena and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. A fan shouts "Never give up!", which got caught on the ringside mics. Cena pauses his promo to point at said fan and tell them "You're damn right!" Class move.
- His 10-Minute Retirement speech on the 11-22-10 edition of Raw was pretty touching. Cena thanked the fans, thanked the stars that came before, and talked about how much he loved wrestling, but relented that he wanted to take some time to be with his family and relax. He even teared up a little.
- He also got a Moment Of Awesome and a Funny Moment for leading the crowd into one last round of chants: all the women and children chanting "Let's go, Cena!" and all the men going "Cena sucks!", which just proved - despite anyone's feelings on his wrestling skills - how classy, self-aware, and utterly humble the man is.
- John Cena has filled more requests for the Make-a-Wish Foundation than any other celebrity to date, having granted 400 wishes throughout a span of eight years. In June 19th, 2013, he was given an award for being the first to ever reach the 300 milestone. On February 12, 2014, he hit the 400 wish milestone.
- On World Wish Day, Cena let three wish kids be a WWE Superstar. Even Cena's biggest haters must admit that was a pretty nice move.
- In fact, it's something of a rule among Cena detractors to NEVER criticize him for his charity work. One can hate Cena's character, but not the person himself.
- After Eddie Guerrero died, Cena (then the WWE Champion) paid a symbolic tribute at the end of Raw's tribute show for Eddie. After his main event match, Cena laid down a Eddie Guerrero memorial T-shirt in the middle of the ring — then he placed the WWE Championship on top of it. Even Cena's Hatedom will admit that it was a classy thing for Cena to do.
- After the 4/11/2011 Raw, Cena came out to ask the audience to give another round of applause for Edge (as Edge had announced earlier that night that he was retiring), then paid his own respects to The Rated-R Superstar.
- On the 12/05/2011 Raw, Cena is faced with a Sadistic Choice by John Laurinaitis, give Zack Ryder another shot at a match for the WWE United States Heavyweight Title or keep his WWE Championship title shot. Cena tells Laurinaitis off, stating he's had plenty of shots and is more than willing to work his butt off to get another and gives the shot to Zack.
- You know what makes this better? Laurnitis was a dick and puts in Loophole Abuse by putting Ryder into a No Disqualifications match against Mark Henry just so the little guy could finally become a champion. Now, we all know that Ryder can't compete with the World's Strongest Man, so Cena, being as Genre Savvy as he is, lays a beating on Henry and then lays Ryder on top of Henry, thus giving Ryder a chance to become US Champion.
- Which Ryder takes full advantage of two weeks later when he wins his title match.
- Using his association with Fruity Pebbles (thanks, of course, to The Rock, Cena has decided to run with it, to do some more good on behalf of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- A Crowning Moment of Heartwarming not by Cena, but for Cena. During the buildup to Wrestlemania 28, RAW landed in Cena's hometown of Boston, who have booed him before. The Rock visits several historical sites and cuts several classic promos ( comparing Cena to the invading British at several points ). Finally, Cena and Rock confront each other with the usual mixed reaction. Then, as The Rock is running Cena down again... the chants suddenly go from ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY! to CENA! CENA! CENA! Then, the crowd took it further by chanting TOOTH FAIRY! TOOTH FAIRY! TOOTH FAIRY!, this after The Rock had repeatedly ridiculed Cena for his fanbase over the build-up. The action in the ring stopped as both men were very surprised by the reaction . Soon, when The Rock finishes his piece, Cena gives a very well-planned appropriate rebuttal ... and the crowd uniformly cheers for Cena as he celebrates with them including several military people and his extended family including his parents, his brothers, and his wife.
- Cena was so initially baffled that he had to ask the crowd for confirmation.
"I know we're real close to Tewksbury, Mass., but y'all are chanting "Tooth-Fairy", right?"
- Crosses over with Awesome. According to Brodus Clay, they were gonna cut his dance sequence at WrestleMania, John Cena who was nearby heard, and said if Brodus would not be going out for his bit, neither would he. And thus Brodus got to dance.
- When him and Ryback were in the running of who'd face CM Punk at Hell In A Cell '12, Cena gave his reasons why he should be in the match, but then backing out, giving the title shot to Ryback, who had been a wrestling fan since he was little and had gone through various obstacles to get where he was, who visbly almost broke out in tears, Cena even lead the crowd into a "Feed Me More!" chant in support, which can be seen here. Say what you will about Cena, but that was just frickin' humble and kind of him.