- When Loki temporarily dies, he and Annie have this conversation:
"What happens now?" he asked Annie, humbly."I don't know," Annie admitted. "For humans, it's usually a door. You pass through it and move on.""I am not human," Loki reminded her. "Or Aesir, or Jotun either, really. I am not... anything. I do not know what I am, or what might be waiting for me.""Valkyries?" Annie offered, not very hopefully."No. Valhalla is for warriors." He looked down at Annie, his expression curious. "Was there not a door for you?" He knew this already, she had told him before, but somehow he wanted to ask her again."No," Annie replied. "I don't know why. Usually that means you still have a purpose, here on Earth." She smiled at him, her eyes soft. "I've sometimes wondered if it was you."
- Loki, to his housemates:
"You were the first creatures since I was very young who made me feel as if I was wanted, as if I was loved. Who took me in and let me stay, for no better reason than that you wanted me. You made me able to believe that others might want me, too. Might love me. Because of you, I was able to believe my father and mother, when they told me that they did. If the first beings I met had been anyone but you, had tried to help me in some other way, I do not know if I could have let them. I needed you, and I love you, and I do not have words enough to thank you for all you have done for me."
- Loki, when asked whether he has an alibi for being at home during a dark and stormy night, and whether anyone can vouch for him:
"My housemates, Mitchell and Annie [...] We were all at home together. When the power failed, we lit some candles. I cast a few illusions to amuse them, and then Annie showed me how to make a shadow that resembled a rabbit. [...] Annie's were more lifelike than mine."
- Whenever Loki, the ex-supervillain-turned-magical-janitor, cuddles with his kittens.
- In Lonely Way Back Home, alternate-reality Frigga realizes right off the bat that the Loki she's talking to is not her son.
- Not to mention how everyone in his original universe instantly start working on trying to get their Loki back while also declaring they won't send the other Loki back unless they are certain he'll be safe there too.
- The fact that even after being tortured, and while under the impression that Natasha, Bruce and Clint are working with the people who tortured him, Loki goes back into a house he thinks is full of assassins to save Pepper.