Heartwarming: Hideki Kamiya
- A fan told Kamiya on Twitter, "I want to be like you when I grow up." Kamiya's response? "You gotta be you. Only one in the world."
- One fan tweeted Kamiya some old magazine scans from the time of Resident Evil 2. Kamiya was pleasantly surprised to see them, and seemed genuinely thankful to have seen such old photos of him and his team again.
- Occasionally, Kamiya is asked about his childhood and upbringing on twitter, and some of his answers are surprisingly sweet.
Fan: Who were your heroes when you were a child?
Kamiya: My cousin. He was 2 years older and lived in near Tokyo and taught me anything.
- Kamiya's father modelling a Bayonetta shirt.
- This video feature conducted by IGN. It's clear just watching it that Kamiya is a huge video game aficionado himself, and his goal in making games is ensuring people get to experience the same type of joy he did playing arcade games in the '80s.
- Fans who come to him talking trash about Capcom often get reprimanded at best and blocked at worst. Why? Even after all that's happened, Kamiya still holds a lot of respect for the company that he made his name in.
Kamiya: "Don't speak ill of my old home."
Kamiya: ''There are people that think I was let go or fired from the team or from the staff at Capcom, but that is not what happened. It was just time for me to work with my partners and friends and colleagues, who I wanted to work with, and start a new venture and create new opportunities for ourselves. So I left of my own will and my own desire, to form Platinum Games with some other colleagues of mine......So that is the truth, and I actually felt a little bad for leaving. Because Capcom tried to stop me leaving and joining my other partners at Platinum. So there’s a sense that if there’s ever a chance that we can not only work together but help bring new life into maybe a Capcom title, or work on a Capcom partnership, then, again, I would very much welcome the opportunity."
- Even now, Kamiya would still like to work with Capcom again if the opportunity arises. Despite all the conflicts he had with the studio during his time working with them, Kamiya holds no ill-will towards the company.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.