- At the end of "Passage", after Javin learns Tal had stayed up all night and sends him home, he comes upon his sister Anthemys crying in bed and comforts her.
- At the end of "Liens Familiaux", in which Anthemys' grandfather threatens to use her paintings to ruin Tal's reputation if she does not return, Tal tells her he will still defend her from them.
Anthemys: But Grandfather said...
Tal: It doesn't matter what he said. You're not going back. I won't let them take you.
- Javin helping Nephos deal with his repressed feelings about the destruction of the colony of his birth.
- When Tal drinks too much at the Founder's Day party (having politely accepted a small bottle of Tantu Rum, not knowing how alcoholic it was), Gilou takes him back to the lighthouse and sits up all night to be sure he's okay.
- Gilou and Anthemys as children, learning to get along.
- Gilou and Anthemys as adults, talking through their issues. Particularly regarding Anthemys' leftover hangups from her oppressive Veran upbringing.
- The non-canon Christmas 2013 bonus strip, in which Gilou notices Tal standing Under The Mistletoe and blows him a kiss, because she knows Tal wouldn't be comfortable with actually being kissed, but also knows Tal likes traditions.
- Gilou is walking the streets at night and thinking to herself, "I need someone outside of all this, but who would let me in at two a.m. and accept 'I just need company and I don't want to talk about it' without question?" when she notices she's standing outside Tal's door. It's depressing and adorable at the same time.