- In 2010, a Mississippi school prom was cancelled after the school's staff found out a lesbian couple would be attending. Outraged, Green Day paid to have the prom held at a different location for all of the students.
- "Stray Heart" as a whole. The sound is noticeably Lighter and Softer, even on a garage rock album, and the lyrics are infested with CMOHs around how much the narrator loves someone.
- "Fell for You" has the same effect.
- Green Day having a special something during a concert in New Mexico where they invite three fans from the crowd onstage (drums, bass, guitar) to play a song with them.
Billie Joe: We're making dreams come true, people!
- At the 1:24 mark of this live performance of "Homecoming", Billie Joe stops the song and calls out someone who was giving some kids in the audience a rough time.
"Hey, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, STOP! (Mike and Tré stop playing) Hey guys, that's not fucking appropriate, man. These kids are just trying to have a good time. You don't have to fucking muscle them around, alright? (crowd cheers) Nobody's fucking getting hurt. Come on, be cool! (continues singing)"
- Billie Joe's Instagram post addressing his fans and thanking them for giving the band the distinct honor of induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
dear youI can't express enough how much love is in my heart for all of you in our green day community.
for me to try to put it into words almost feels awkward.
sometimes I don't always like to use the word "fan". I think I can speak on behalf of me mike and Tre when I call you family or community. Because you all truly grew up together with us and shared this journey together.
this is more than an award. it's the privilege to play music, write songs and follow this psychotic passion called rock n roll.and We share this honor together. because honestly YOU ARE our rock n roll hall of fame.
idiot nation foreverrage and love
- Billie Joe thanking his Fans for their support after his breakdown and the subsequent rehab.
"Dear friends . . .
I just want to thank you all for the love and support you've shown for the past few months. Believe me, it hasn't gone unnoticed and I'm eternally grateful to have such an amazing set of friends and family. I'm getting better every day.
- After the band plays "Brain Stew" on Bullet in a Bible, Billie Joe takes the time to recognize and honor everyone onstage with him, allowing everyone else to get a turn in the spotlight before him.
- His describing Mike as the "greatest fucking bass player in the history of punk rock music", as well as his describing Tré as "the greatest drummer in the history of rock and roll".
- At the end of the video, it cuts to footage of Billie and Mike talking about how much of an amazing person Tré is.
- Billie Joe's inspirational message to the audience in the BIAB performance of "Minority".
"And remember one thing: regardless of who the powers that be are, the people that you elect, the people that I elect into office, remember: you have the fucking power. We're the fucking leaders. Don't let these bastards dictate your life, or try to tell you what to do, alright?"
- "Drama Queen" is a very emotional song, and any parent listening to it will relate to the sensation of their child or "little drama queen" growing up all too fast.
- During the performance of "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" at the 2013 Reading Festival, as soon as the audience heard the opening riffs thousand of people starting to sing the song. The pure joy on Bille Joe's Face is really touching.
- Even sweeter when fall into stutter Billie helps the crowd with lyrics.
- The friendship between Billie, Tré, and Mike is heartwarming at it's finest. It isn't just that they're bandmates, they're best friends, and seen from their Instagrams, they can practically be seen like playful brothers!
Interviewer: How do you keep it fresh? There are countless musical acts that break up because they can't stand each other anymore.Tré Cool: We actually like spending time together, like when we're not onstage we're hanging out.
- This short excerpt from an interview sums it up nicely:
- Billie Joe recorded his first song "Look for Love" at the age of just 5. And yes, it is just as adorable as you imagine it.
- Even more sweetly, the B-side is a short interview with him. (A short extract from it can be heard at the beginning of the song "Maria".)
- During the Jaded in Chicago concert, Billie Joe asked the fans to look out for each others well being.
Billie Joe: Hey, whatever you do, if someone falls down please pick 'em back up. Just because there's a fucking camera in your face doesn't mean you should not fucking look out for each other anymore, all right?
- When an audience member falls sick and faints at Concert in Prague during the last song ("Good Riddance"). Billie Joe stops the song (after massive notification from other audience members) to make sure the fan gets help and only continues with the performance after he was assured the fan is OK.