- Mike Toreno's "last mission" for CJ, which is picking up his brother from prison.
Mike Toreno: "Nice going, Carl! Really. You did good, kid."
- Another Toreno moment occurs earlier in the game, at the end of "N.O.E.", where he genuinely congratulates CJ for a job well done. This is especially nice if you've been really struggling on the mission.
- Considering how much of a Jerk Ass Sweet is most of the time to CJ, this trope usually comes in play whenever Sweet actually compliments him.
- Particularly where CJ and Sweet are driving from Mad Dogg's Crib back to Grove Street through the riots, and talk about Maccer. Sweet eventually starts listing off as many euphamisms for A Date with Rosie Palms as he can, while CJ laughs and tells him to stop. It's this odd bonding moment that's nice in a weird sort of way. Considering how distant they usually are, literally and figuratively, the two of them just laughing and joking like that helps reaffirm the fact that at heart, they'll never not be brothers.
- Having CJ to save Madd Dogg from suicide was awfully nice especially how much it sucked for Madd Dogg to have lost everything... thanks to CJ, but...