* In the second-season episode "The Chains of Command", Gilligan is discouraged because the Skipper has seemingly been kidnapped and no one will listen to him. Mary Anne gives him a [[RousingSpeech stirring]] pep talk.
* ''Hi-Fi Gilligan''. A typhoon hits the island and the castaways plan to ride it out in a small cave, but there's not enough room for everyone. The men draw straws to see who will stay outside in the storm. Gilligan breaks his straw in half to save his friends, seeing as he's [[MoreExpendableThanYou more expendable than them]]. When they realize what he did, the castaways leave the cave. If they can't all be safe, [[TrueCompanions they'll be together]]. However, this [[LaserGuidedKarma ends up]] saving their lives when the storm destroys the cave immediately after they all leave.
* "Love Me, Love My Skipper": When the other Castaways think that the Howells have snubbed the Skipper in party invitations, they boycott the Howell's party and plan one in the Skipper's honor instead.
* The BeautyContest episode:
** At the beginning, while everyone's arguing whether Ginger or the sophisticated Mrs. Howell is more beautiful, the Professor stands up and says he knows a girl who embodies beauty, sweetness, and warmth, whom he would choose as the [[WorldsMostBeautifulWoman most beautiful woman in the world]] -- Mary Anne. The way Mary Anne blushes and smiles at the praise is unforgettable.
** After every man on the island (except Gilligan) has listed a different female castaway as most beautiful, the Skipper makes a brief attempt to resolve the disagreement by stating that each of the girls is definitely first in class in her own category. Unfortunately, Mr. Howell and the Professor ([[NotSoAboveItAll of all people]]) keep the argument going until it escalates into the events of the rest of the episode.
* "Slave Girl":
** The Professor and the Skipper both claim to be the titular girl's master so that her boyfriend will not challenge Gilligan to a fight for her.
** When it appears that Gilligan will be challenged to a death match for the girl whose life he saved, the Professor, Mary Ann, and Ginger (the only three in the hut) agree that they will fight and die with him rather than simply letting him get killed.
* "Where There's A Will" has a chain of these. The episode starts with the castaways all taking care of Mr. Howell when he falls ill. This prompts Mr. Howell to realize they're all like family to him, and he leaves them each a different industry in his will -- not just random bequests, either, but chosen after he and his wife discuss which fit their personalities best. It ends with the rest of the cast mistakenly thinking Mr. Howell has died and conducting a funeral so heartfelt it moves him to tears before he reveals himself.
* In "The Hunter", Mr. Howell comes into the hut where Kincaid is holding Gilligan. He tells Kincaid Gilligan is important to him and tries to bribe him with increasing amounts of money to call off [[HuntingTheMostDangerousGame the hunt.]]
* In ''Rescue from Gilligan's Island'', Gilligan and the Skipper visit the Howell's during a dinner party. [[LoserFriendPuzzlesOutsiders Then, their guests insult Gilligan and the Skipper.]] The Howells' response? To throw the guests out without any hesitation.
* In the first season episode, "Angel On The Island", a play starring Ginger (as Cleopatra) is to be performed to help lift her spirits. Mrs. Howell becomes jealous and has Mr. Howell (the director) replace Ginger with herself. After Ginger actually cries, and Gilligan incompetently tries to cheer her, Gilligan then (at a point when the castaways still don't know the Howells very well) has a private meeting with Mrs. Howell where he somewhat formally beseeches her to let Ginger have the part. (She does.) It's moments like that that make it easier to see why the other 6 DON'T kill Gilligan.
* Real-life example. In 1992, several children suffering from cancer were granted a wish from the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Their wish? To finally rescue Gilligan from the island. Bob Denver himself donned the Gilligan costume and waited on a deserted island off the West Virginia coast to be rescued by the kids. After boarding the cruise ship carrying the children (the S.S. Minnow, of course,) he spent the rest of the day playing games with them. ::Sniffle::