- Upon the passing of Robin Williams, Gilbert tweeted a message "From the parrot to the genie." You do NOT expect that from Gilbert fucking Gottfried AT ALL.
" I've known people who have committed suicide, and my shock always reveals how little I knew about them."
- And then he went on to write an article for CNN about his experience with Robin Williams, and talks about the shock of his death and the cause.
- Not long after he tweeted a message about the passing of Joan Rivers: "First Robin, and now Joan. The world is suddenly a less funny place."
- Sharing an article about the photography of his sister Arlene on Facebook.
- Raising awareness for autism, thanks to a letter from a dad saying how he uses Iago to relate to his autistic son.
Heartwarming / Gilbert Gottfried
A few times, Gottfried has been known to break character and show that he really does have a heart.