* Despite the fact that he had abandoned her to get her backpack stolen on their walk to school and had been insulting her right before that, Gaby defends Alex when their father is scolding him for leaving her behind and even talks him out of harsh punishment.
* It's actually pretty sweet to see Alex fuss over Gaby when she's gotten sick after the toxic waste exposure. [[AwLookTheyReallyDoLoveEachOther They may drive each other nuts but they really do care.]]
* Gaby finally confesses to Ghostwriter that she stole money from her parent's cash register. He tells her that she's not bad, she just made a mistake. He then spells "Hug" and spins it around her (his way of hugging her).
* Most of Rob and Victor's OddFriendship, particularly when Victor lets his guard down and reads the rap he wrote to Rob.
** The same can be said for the IntergenerationalFriendship with Rob and Double T.
* ''Get the Message'' has a subtle one. Jamal asks Alex and Gaby's father if he can remember who ran in front of his truck (causing him to destroy Lenni's father's instruments in the process). He can't remember anything. Then Jamal says that if he can remember anything, even something small, it could help prove his innocence. Gaby points out that this shows that Jamal believes him too. He then remembers something. Mr. Fernandez probably thought that it wasn't worth it trying to remember because nobody was going to believe him anyway. When he saw that somebody believed in him who wasn't part of his family, he was encouraged to try to remember.