Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy III
- In the Dawn of Souls remake, there's a bonus dungeon with a level filled with the souls of various monsters from the game. To beat the level, you talked to these souls and listened to their problems.
Final Fantasy IV
- Hopefully Wiki magic will fill in the names for me. A king has gone completely nuts, forcing his army to fight themselves among other things including banishing his son. When the party brings the prince back to the castle to talk some sense into the king, they are invited to sleep and talk in the morning. The king tries to stab him in his sleep, but breaks free of the EvilChancellor's mind control just long enough to stab himself. He was not about to let his son die.
''You have grown strong. You must protect Baron with your strength. You must protect the world with your strength. I shall fight along side with you as Odin."
- Especially since he was the former King of Baron before he got killed by an elemental lord and is accepting Cecil as the new leader and guiding force of Baron.
Final Fantasy V
- The Powerof Friendship scene right before The final battle with Zeromus
- At the end of the DS version, there is one extra touch that made this troper go "awwwww": When Golbez turns around to say goodbye to Cecil, he symbolically appears as Theodore.
Final Fantasy XI
- For this troper, the ending of Final Fantasy V (with Cara's letter with the "Dear Friends" track) is the most touching videogame ending he's seen.
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
- The ending to A Crystalline Prophecy. It was hard enough to keep it together when Aldo and Mathilde reached out to Lil' Aldo but then "Final Fantasy" started to play and oh god.
- Anytime Zidane says "Do I need a reason to help someone?"
- During a cutscene, Onion Knight points out the fact that the Warrior of Light hasn't lost his composure. Despite the fact that Cosmos was killed right before his eye's. Onion thinks Warrior is being callous. Cecil points out that the Warrior is just trying to do what Cosmos would have wanted him to do. This makes Onion reconsider his negative opinon.
- After Cecil gets his crystal, he tells Golbez "We obtained this together." Awwwww!
- In Duodecim, the Warrior of Light feels as if he doesn't diserve to be Cosmos's chosen anymore. What with stabing his friends in the back, LITERALY! The look on Cosmos face when he says he's sorry, and that he's about to commit a Heroic Sacrifice says a lot. Considering the fact that she knows the war isn't supposed to "bring balance back to the force" at all.
- From Duodecim, all of Warrior of the Light and Prishe moments that aren't crowning moments of funny.