- Natsu's speech about why he's rescuing Macao and how he feels about his guildmates from episode 2:
- Everything about Ur.
Ur: "With my two bright pupils growing day by day... Every day an adventure... That's all the happiness I need."
- Episode 20 easily qualifies. We see a little more than in the manga the relationship that Natsu and Lisanna had when they were younger. It's also a little painful to watch when you know what finally happened to Lisanna.
- The friendship of Natsu and Happy brings on the Heartwarming here too. Happy's origin story establishes that he made everyone in the guild happy (where he got his name), after the tension built between the guild members. After he and Natsu get into a falling-out, Natsu remembers that they're like family... and reconciles with Happy by bringing him a whole bunch of giant fish! Awwwwww.
- Lucy, kidnapped by the Phantom Lord guild, throws herself out the window rather than be taken back to her father. However, this is only because she heard Natsu in the distance and had complete faith that he'd catch her...and he does.
- It's a minor one, but after years and years of teasing her and her rain for their "gloomy atmosphere", Juvia finally gets to see a clear blue sky before she's defeated by Gray.
Juvia: (paraphrasing) It's...beautiful...
- The denouement of the Phantom Lord arc in episode 29 has Makarov reassuring Lucy in front of the rest of the guild, bringing her (and the audience) to tears.
: Lucy. Though we may not be able to share our feelings of happiness or sadness entirely, we do
share them to some extent. That's what happens in a Guild. One person's happiness becomes everyone's happines. One person's anger becomes everyone's anger. And one person's tears become everyone's tears. There's no reason for you to feel guilty
, so don't cry - you should already know how much everyone here cares about you. Hold your head high, my dear, because you are a proud member of the Fairy Tail family
- Arguably all of the Phantom Lord arc falls into this, as it underscores precisely the lengths Fairy Tail members will go to in order to protect one of their own.
- Loke's entire arc is a combination of this and Tear Jerker, especially when Loke thanks Lucy for restoring his faith in Celestial Wizards, and when Lucy shows him just how far she's willing to go in order to save his life.
Loke: Cut it out, Lucy, you're starting to assimilate with me! If you don't stop this, you're going to disappear too!
Lucy: I won't stop til the gate's open! I won't let you die! What's the point of having magic power... if you can't use it to save the people you care about?
- The grand finale for the Tower of Heaven arc has Natsu carrying Erza on his arms after she thought about sacrificing herself to suppress the Etherion power from going loose; doubles as a Ship Tease with Erza crying in his arms.
Erza: "You don't die for your friends... you live for them."
- The end of Chapter 100 in the Fairy Tail manga where Erza is revealed to be alive, and for the first time sheds tears of joy.
- Chapter 105, when Gajeel, after being allowed to join Fairy Tail (invited by Juvia and Makarov), is confronted by Jet and Droy of Shadow Gear, the team he attacked and practically crucified to a tree when he was with the rival guild Phantom Lord. He acts arrogant, but takes all their hits while Levy (the one most affected by the attack) watches. Laxus, one of the S-Class mages from Fairy Tail, arrives, and attacks Gajeel in a rage about how people believe Fairy Tail to be weak. Still, Gajeel takes the attacks, making Shadow Gear realize that he wasn't fighting back because he wanted to be recognized as True Companions by them and everyone else. As Laxus continues to beat on Gajeel, the team tells him to stop, but he answers by attacking them with magic. The attack heads for Levy, only for Gajeel to jump in front of it just in time.
- The entirety of Chapter 127, but especially the interaction between Natsu and Laxus, and Makarov's talk with Laxus, ending with Laxus's excommunication from Fairy Tail to be both this and a Tear Jerker. Especially the last two pages.
- Chapter 144, when Angel of the Oración Seis commands Gemini to kill Lucy.
Gemini: "Lucy loves us from the bottom of her heart... Us Celestial Spirits..."
- The Reveal at the end of the Oracion Seis story arc is a Tear Jerker and Heartwarming: We find out Wendy's Guild Cait Shelter isn't a real guild: all their member, minus Wendy and Carla, were illusions created by Robaul so Wendy would have friends and a guild to live with. Think about it: Robaul created an entire Guild out of illusions, and maintained it for years, just to make a little girl happy.
- Episode 76 is part tear jerker, part heartwarming.
Natsu: (lying in a river, staring up at the sky) "Are you doing okay, Igneel? ...Dad?"
- Chapter 177: Happy and Carla are given refuge after they rebel by an old exiled couple outside the city. They tell them they were exiled because they opposed an operation some years ago when their eggs were taken from them for a "Dragon Extermination Project". Happy and Carla leave the house without being told this, but it's quite clear that they are Happy's parents. Cue tears.
- The end of the Edolas arc, when Natsu acts as the Big Bad in order to unite Edolas under Mystogan. Then he gives the three rules for anyone leaving Fairy Tail to Mystogan, and all of Fairy Tail and the Exceed being sucked into the sky back home.
Natsu: "You must never consider your own life to be of little value and you must never-"
Mystogan: "Forget about your friends, who loved you..."
- Basically, anytime somebody is given the farewell ceremony is this along with Tear Jerker.
- Juvia and Lucy teaming up in the Tower of Heaven arc, and becoming friends.◊ Juvia even cries when Lucy accepts her as a friend, since nobody has ever treated her so kindly before.
- There's also the speech she made to Lucy about loving Fairy Tail, even in the midst of being Brainwashed and Crazy.
Juvia: "Lucy-san...Juvia doesn't want to hurt her friends...Although it's a little presumptuous of me to call you that, after all you are my rival in love...Juvia has truly come to love Fairy Tail...it seems so friendly...so fun...so warm...as though even if it's raining outside in the guild the sun is always shining..."
- Juvia intentionally sacrificing herself to get her and Cana out of Fried's enchantment, just to gain acceptance in the Fairy Tail guild. Cana tearfully insists that she was one of them all along. Doubles as Juvia's Moment of Awesome.
- After Mirajane's Moment of Awesome Curb-Stomp Battle against Freed, a memory of Lisanna keeps her from killing him, she reverts back to normal and reminds him of all the friends he has in Fairy Tail, holding his hand as he cries and admits to never wanting to be a part of the battle.
- following Laxus's excommunication, Makarov attempts to leave the guild, only to be stopped by Fried, who understands that makarov did it for laxus's own good, when he insists that leaving the guild he that he loves will only unnecessarily punish his grandson more. Even Lucy flat out admits that she was surprised that Fried was capable of being so understanding.
- A fairly minor one, but the Raijin Tribe being fully accepted by the guild, despite how they helped Laxus, is actually quite sweet; Evergreen bonded with Reedus Jonah and offered to model for his paintings, Bickslow and his 'babies' joined Happy in teasing Lucy, and Fried was seen laughing at them all alongside Mira
- It's actually more heartwarming when you consider the fact that they hardly even went back to the guild; even since they joined Fairy Tail when they were young, they only ever relied on Laxus. They were finally beginning to open up to the others and learning how to be themselves.
- After Lisanna returns to Earthland, the first thing she does is hug Natsu and explain everything that happened, from being stuck in Edolas to her tearful farewell to the Edolas versions of Mirajane and Elfman, who knew all along that she wasn't their sister. She then goes to Caldia Cathedral, where she is reunited with her brother and sister as they are visiting her grave. Their faces of shock say it all, and the family is then brought together in a single hug.
Mirajane: "Welcome back."
- The Fairy Tail members hold a rambunctious part after they return from Edolas, and the next morning, Lucy is the first to wake up... to see the Strauss sisters sleeping in a deep embrace. They're making up for all the time Lisanna was taken from them. Lucy smiles.
- Wendy, Chapter 167, after being reunited with Mystogan. Her Cry Cute makes it even more heartwarming.
Wendy: "You're the one from seven years ago... Jellal, back then... I've wanted to... see you again for such a long time."
- In Chapter 212, we find out that Makarov scouted Gajeel HIMSELF and we learn why he decided to let him join the guild. It's just the sort of thing you'd need to hear from a fatherly figure:
- From the bonus chapter, when Lucy takes a look around Natsu and Happy's... house and sees his souvenir gallery from all the missions they've had together. Awwww.
- A really nice one from the end of the Oración Seis arc: Hoteye's prayer was to meet his long lost brother again, who turns out to be Wally, Erza's childhood friend. When Erza tells Hoteye that is brother is doing well, Hoteye lets his tears out, and believes it is a miracle of the light side that he was able to find this out.
- One of the omakes (animated as Episode 73) has Lucy out sick, causing her to miss the Magnolia Sakura Viewing. While in bed, she sees a beautiful multi-colored sakura tree, floating outside on the river. Turns out that Natsu and Happy did it to make Lucy feel better.
- Also doubles as a Moment of Awesome since any girl would definitely fall head over heels for a guy who'd do something like that.
- Episode 106: Mirajane shielding Lisanna from the time bomb she was trapped in and using her body to divert the explosion.
Mirajane: "I won't let you die again."
- Chapter 224: Capricorn is revealed to actually be a benevolent spirit who was possessed by his master. After the battle, Loke asks if he'll lend her power. He replies no... as his power has always been hers in the first place.
- Chapter 227: Lucy refuses to run out on Natsu when he's trapped under some boulders and she's clear out of magic.
Lucy: "I don't want... to run away by myself... Because no matter what... I'd rather be together with everyone."
- Chapter 230: Juvia finally defeats Meredy. How'd she do that? Not by pure yandere-rage fueled ass-kicking, as it looked like would happen at first, but by overwhelming her with the The Power of Love.
"Even you smile! Even you have someone important to you, too!"
"I live for the ones that I love! You've got to, too!! If you have love in your life, then you must keep on living!!!"
- Also counts as a meta example. According to his Twitter post, Hiro Mashima was still drawing out this battle when the March 11th Tsunami happened. He couldn't go with the original idea of Juvia winning using her powers because they all involved water, so he decided to go with the above scene to send a message to the victims of the tsunami.
- Chapter 232: Cana realizing how mistaken she was on just focusing on the test. She's now rushing to save her True Companions with the power of Fairy Glitter imparted to her by the first master of Fairy Tail. A power right up there with Fairy Law.
- Which she doesn't know how to use anyway. Bringing up another Moment of Heartwarming in the very next chapter, where she's saved by Gildarts, who was revealed to be her father a few chapters ago. It's unclear whether or not he knows this.
- The end of the Fairy Hills omake and OVA. Lucy is made to look around the women's dorms by the elderly matron, Hilda, in a Stripperific Cat Girl costume. When she finally finds the treasure box, Erza tells her that Hilda has been dead for 6 years. When they open the box, it's full of jewels. Jewels that Hilda told Erza that she'd give to girl once she became an adult after seeing Erza pretend that she didn't need to accept one of the play jewels Hilda got for the children when she saw that there wasn't enough for all the girls. Lucy's monologue at the end clinches it.
Lucy: "People's feelings are connected. It transcends time, and it reaches your loved ones. I was able to feel that. And that's reward enough for me."
- Chapter 241: As she fights with Gray, Ultear thinks about her past, about how Ur had abandoned her at a laboratory where she was subjected to numerous inhumane experiments, pushing her body and spirit to their utter limits. And when she finally escaped and made her way back to her mother, she saw that she had been replaced, which is what lead her to hate Ur as much as she does. This is why she joined with Hades, why she wants to create the Great World of Magic, and why she learned Arc of Time. With those two keys, Arc of Time, and the Great World of Magic, she could go back, back to when she and her mother lived in happiness. But when both she and Gray fall into the ocean, first a voice and then images begin to flow into her mind. Her mother, scared for her daughter's life due to excess magical power, begs the researchers to help her. Her mother, utterly broken when she's told her daughter is no longer living. It's that, and Gray telling her the one story Ur ever told her pupils about her daughter, that allows Ultear to realize just how mistaken she was about her mother, just how much Ur loved her.
- Chapter 245 has this:
Laxus: "I'm no longer a member of Fairy Tail, but if something happened to the old man... I can still get angry about it, right?"
Natsu: "Of course you can!!!"
- Chapter 250: Meredy forgiving Ultear and stopping her from killing herself.
- Chapter 251: Cana revealing to Gildarts that she's his daughter and his reaction is this and Tear Jerker at the exact same time.
- As is Laxus checking to see if Lisanna was real. And patting her on her head.
- Wendy is intrigued by Laxus but a bit afraid of talking to him. Erza then assures her that Laxus is not really a bad guy, just one difficult to understand. Coming from Erza, and remembering the last time they where face to face they where brutally fighting each other, this says a lot.
- Chapter 253: "Let's Hold Hands".
- Chapter 255: Romeo crying Tears of Joy and finally smiling after Natsu and the others return from Tenrou Island after seven years.
Romeo: "Welcome back, Natsu-nii! Everyone!"
- The chapter's cover page showing Alzack and Bisca's wedding.
- The entirety of Chapter 257. Also doubles as a Tear Jerker.
- Chapter 259: Gildarts reinstating Laxus back into Fairy Tail.
- Chapter 262: Lucy's Celestial Spirits invited her and her friends to their realm to celebrate their homecoming.
- Everything in this chapter, especially the song, is taken Up to Eleven in the anime.
- Chapter 263: The mages of Fairy Tail meet up Jellal, Ultear, and Meredy. It's just one panel, but Juvia and Meredy reunite and aw... just awww.
- Chapter 267: Porlyusica taking care of Wendy and Carla after being attacked by Raven Tail.
- Mavis cheering on with the rest of Fairy Tail in the Grand Magic Games.
- Both times Natsu stopped Gray from using Iced Shell. Particularly the second time, where Natsu stands in front of Gray as he's performing the spell, letting him know that if he wants to use that spell and kill himself, Natsu was going with him.
Gray: "Move, Natsu! Don't get in my way!"
Natsu: "I stopped you the first time because I didn't want you to die. Did you not get the message or something? If you wanna use that spell, go ahead."
- It's also a funny moment, as the first time Natsu stopped him, he did so by punching him in the face and telling him to shut up.
- Chapter 272: After Flare is declared the winner of the battle and Lucy is getting jeered on by the audience, Natsu helps a sobbing Lucy up and comforts her.
Natsu: "Don't cry, Lucy."
Lucy: "But...it's just so frustrating..."
Natsu: "Let's save the tears for when we win. You were amazing! Thanks to you, I realized that we could fight in this world. Zero points? That makes things interesting, right? We'll turn the tide now."
Lucy: "Yeah...I'm all fired up."
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: This moment happened on Lucy's birthday, and Natsu eventually made good on his promise on the fourth day of the Grand Magic Games.
- In Chapter 273, Jellal states that, even if it's only temporary, nothing could make him happier than to be able to fight under the Fairy Tail name.
- Ren, in his usual Tsundere way, telling his fiancée Sherry how much he loves her.
- Chapter 276: Natsu's answer to why Fairy Tail entered the Grand Magic Games. It moved most of the other guild members to tears and even made some spectators finally cheer for them.
- This scene was even more heartwarming in the anime. It was voiced to perfection and captured every drop of emotion.
- Several in Chapter 281. The first is Jellal being truly thankful that he and Erza can just speak normally to each other. A second is Erza and Millianna's reunion. The last one is Rogue comforting Frosch after the later started to doubt whether of not he could stay in the guild after Yukino was kicked out and Sting said she wasn't needed because she was weak.
- Natsu gets one in Chapters 282-283 for storming into Sabertooth's grounds and challenging Jiemma to a fight after finding out what happened to Yukino.
- Chapter 287: In addition to providing a kickass Curb-Stomp Battle, this chapter also shows off how much Laxus has changed since we first met him. If you were a member of Fairy Tail and were humiliated in a battle in front of the public, the old Laxus would just laugh or rage at you and/or the guild. The Laxus of now however, would be happy to pulverize the people responsible, just like the rest of the guild members.
Ivan: "Wait! I'm your father! We're Family! Are you going to hit your own father?!"
- Chapter 289: After a heated battle that ends in a draw, Chelia offers to be friends with Wendy while healing her; the latter accepts her invitation and one of the judges even lampshades it by commenting on how heartwarming the friendship moment is.
- Chapter 290: What was the first thing Elfman saw when waking up after his match? A sleeping Evergreen. She had been waiting the entire time for him to wake up. D'awww. What makes this a heartwarming moment, and Ship Tease to boot, was that Evergreen had no real reason to be there. She was there because she wanted to be there.
- Chapter 292: After the severe beating she got in the previous chapter, Lucy is resting in a hospital bed, and both Fairy Tail teams come to see her and make sure she's all right, even Gajeel and Laxus.
- Chapter 299: A chapter without dialogue follows Gildarts in his travels as he saves a village. Later on, he's able to see what's going on with Fairy Tail in the Grand Magic Games through some sort of magic monitor in the saved village. Through it, he sees Cana's performance in the MPF. Being the proud papa that he is, he runs around telling all the villagers how great she is. You can just hear him say "That's my daughter!" as he runs around.
- Chapter 300: After Jiemma lashes out at Lector, Rogue's immediate reaction is to wrap his arms protectively around Frosch and turn his back to Jiemma, who was attacking him just a moment ago, in order to ensure Frosch's safety.
- Chapter 307: Natsu gets one, just for how adamant he was in taking part in rescuing Lucy from prison, that he gave up his spot in the Grand Magic Games to Juvia.
- Chapter 310: While Natsu is in the middle of utterly owning and beating down the leader of the Hungry Wolves, the leader asks Natsu if he plans on making an enemy of the entire empire. Natsu replies to his question with this:
Natsu: "Making it... my enemy...? The question you should be asking yourself is... Are you really prepared to make Fairy Tail your enemy? If it's to protect our family, be it the Kingdom or the entire world... We would make anyone our enemy! That's what it means to be Fairy Tail!!"
- Chapter 315: Erza turns out to be the reason why Kagura was never enslaved in the Tower of Heaven. The two appeared to be close to reconciling too if it weren't for Minerva using it as an opportunity to take out Kagura.
- Goes into Tearjerker territory when you realize that Erza essentially gave up her chance at freedom to protect Kagura. It was Kagura's crying that alerted the captors and then Erza gave up her hiding spot (which obviously worked). Still, Erza wasn't resentful. 'All she cared about was that Simon's sister was safe.'
- Chapter 317: In the middle of his rematch with Gajeel, Rogue is beginning to fully understand how friendship works. Gajeel then clarifies he does have a friend in the form of Frosch. Her response?
Frosch: "Fro agrees!"
- It gets even better when you remember this is Gajeel we're talking about here. One of the roughest members of the Guild both recognized friendship and reminded Rogue to cherish it. It just brings to mind how much Gajeel has truly changed.
- Future!Lucy has doubts about whether everyone else will believe her story. Both Natsu and Present!Lucy assure her everything is going to be fine.
Natsu: "They would never doubt the words coming out of Lucy's mouth..."
Present!Lucy: "My future self shouldn't be filled with so much doubt. Have more faith in your Nakama..."
- The amount of trust Natsu puts towards Future!Lucy after her revelation, as well as his putting his forehead against hers when she confesses that she didn't plan any strategy for the dragon attack.
Natsu: "Thank you. For the sake of everyone's future...I won't let it happen."
- Chapter 322: Sting and Lector's reunion after Fairy Tail takes the victory, apparently thanks to Erza. This also doubles as a lovely Tear Jerker moment.
- Chapter 324: Despite being placed in the middle of the Tear Jerker that is Future!Lucy's Heroic Sacrifice, Natsu's flashback of Lucy showing him her new guild mark from Chapter 2. It should be noted that while Natsu was shown seemingly uninterested in that chapter, the flashback revealed that he cared more than he let on about it.
- And then there's the fact that he referred to Lucy as someone precious to him in the next chapter.
- Chapter 325: It turns out that Yukino separated herself from the group because she feels that she will bring more misfortune on them if she stayed. Mirajane finds her and tells her otherwise.
Mirajane: "People all have their own reason for living. No matter how small it may be, even you have a purpose."
- It gets even better when you look at Mirajane's past
- Chapter 332: When Atlas Flame realizes that Natsu is Igneel's adopted son he immediately sides with him since Igneel was his friend. Natsu even calls him Uncle.
- Igneel is revealed to be the Flame Dragon King. Atlas Flame is a Fire Dragon. But its not loyalty to the Fire Dragon King that causes Atlas Flame to go through a Heel–Face Turn of sorts towards Natsu. It's that Igneel was his dear friend. It says a lot about the character and nature of the three dragons that raised the Dragon Slayers and how good they might have actually been.
- Chapter 334: When Rogue is in shock over the idea that he's the one at fault for the dragon attack, Sting bursts onto the scene and calms Rogue down by taking what he knows of the situation incredibly lightly and insisting on sticking by Rogue's side. He manages to comfort Rogue without even realizing something was wrong with his friend.
- Chapter 337: After Natsu destroys the gate, Future!Lucy fades out and appears to enter the afterlife. Who does she see first? Natsu and Happy. Present!Lucy sees her future self's diary fade out and realizes what happened...then goes over to Natsu and gives him a hug from behind.
Natsu: "Is something wrong, Lucy?"
Lucy: "No...not really... Just...thank you."
- Future Rogue's last act before fading away is to tell Natsu to prevent Frosch's death in a year's time. In his last moments, all he wanted was to protect his old friend.
- Chapter 338: Sting is having the time of his life with Lector and wants to find Natsu so they can enjoy some drinks in the hopes of striking a friendship. Orga even notes how cheerful the guy is.
- Chapter 339: Cobra tells us about how the outside world felt good and that he heard 'lots of voices...' including the voice of his best friend, Cuberos/Kinana's voice.
- As an elderly Ultear is thinking about her insignificance in a world so large and the infinite possibilities that the world holds, she basks in the rays of the sun and notes that she feels them washing away her sins. She then states that for the first time, she felt glad that she was born and was finally able to forgive herself for her sins, happy and at peace with herself.
- Chapter 340: The entire town of Magnolia pitched in to rebuild the original Fairy Tail guild hall, much to the joy of Makarov and the rest of the guild.
- Chapter 341: Directly following the Grand Magic Games, when Lucy and the girls are in full furo scene at the newly-restored Fairy Tail hall, a repentant Flare Corona appears and tells Lucy how sorry she was for what she did to her during their match. Flare mentions that she left Raven Tail and has nowhere to go, but wanted to make amends before she leaves town. Cue a heartwarming scene of Lucy, Wendy, Lisanna, Mirajane, and Levy (who are all naked, btw) all hugging Flare and telling her that she's forgiven and is welcome at Fairy Tail.
- Chapter 345.5: In a side story detailing the bet set up between Fairy Tail's Team A and Team B from the Grand Magic Games, it starts off as amusing when the B Team dishes out absurd and silly commands to Team A. Then we get to Cana and Wendy's side, and what did Wendy have to do? After playing "dress up" a bit, they both go to a Church where Cana used to reside at. There, it turns out all the children there are huge fans of Wendy and her feats in the Grand Magic Games. We also find out that Cana wanted to cheer up the orphans there as well as reminding Wendy that her family is Fairy Tail.
- Chapter 353: Even after all the crap she pulled in the Grand Magic Games, Erza still tried to convince Minerva to not get involved in the world of the Dark Guilds because she doesn't want her to get corrupted by its darkness.
- Chapter 354: Flare is reluctant to interact with the people of her home, since she left the village without a word. After Lucy pulls her out of hiding, the giants welcome her back with open arms. Her response it what really sells it.
Flare: (while crying) "I'm home..."
- Chapter 358: The front of the chapter describes how during the seven years that the Tenrou Group was missing, Ichiya never stopped searching for them.
- Warren on the cover page of Chapter 268 is described as doing something similar. Every day for seven years, without fail, he used his telepathy to call out the names of the missing Fairy Tail members, hoping that they would finally respond.
- Chapter 367: Happy is distraught over leaving Natsu behind when he escaped from Tartaros' HQ. In response, Lucy gives him a hug and tells him he did a good job by bringing the hideout's location to the rest of Fairy Tail. Despite all the teasing between the two, they genuinely care about each other.
- Funimation's DVD/Blu-ray cover art for Volume 9. The Strauss sisters reunited. IT IS ADORABLE.
- Chapter 376.5: In the midst of all the fanservice and imagine-spots disguised as Ship Tease, Juvia knits Gray a scarf for a gift and he blows it off. She later finds out that it's the anniversary of Ur's death and feels bad about it... but Gray remembers a time when Ur gave him a scarf and goes back to retrieve the gift. The next day, the two apologize to each other... and then Juvia gives him a customized Juvia body pillow as a follow-up gift.
- Chapter 377.5: After delivering a bit of a beatdown on Moulin Rouge for impersonating a Fairy Tail member, Erza pats her on her head, and invites her to join Fairy Tail, since Rouge was an immigrant who could hardly get enough money to eat. Coupled with various hints from Mashima, it is heavily implied that this woman is Bisca. This is them really Heartwarming in Hindsight, since this means that not only did she surround herself by comrades at last, she also managed to start a family of her own thanks to Erza's invitation. D'aaaw.
- Chapter 378.5/Side Story 2: Natsu and Lucy babysitting Asuka is a whole chapter's worth of "D'aaaawww...." moments, but the incident where Natsu helps Asuka get back her stolen lacrima from bandits after Asuka's teary breakdown is a stand-out.
- Chapter 379: After Franmalth is defeated, Hades' soul is released, and offers up a mix between a warning and a heartwarming redemption: "It has only...just begun. Tartaros' true goal was not Face. Tell Makarov...it is time to release the Light."
- Chapter 381: The flashback tells us that Lisanna and Elfman went through all the trouble of learning Take Over Magic just to let Mirajane know that she is not alone.
- Chapter 384: Despite Aquarius' hot-tempered and rude treatment of Lucy, we find out moments before Lucy breaks her Key to summon the Celestial Spirit King on her suggestion, that deep down she really cared for Lucy and that never being able to see her again makes her feel sad.
- Chapter 388: After all that Minerva has done, Erza refuses to kill Mercy Kill her, telling her that there are people waiting for her. And just to prove Erza's point, Sting and Rogue show up just in time to save her from Marde Guile.
- Chapter 392: Heartwarming in Hindsight, but Silver's fearful expression when Gray starts to cast Iced Shell is this.
- Chapter 393: A lot of this chapter is both a Tear Jerker and Heartwarming. It's a rather bittersweet chapter.
- The fact that Silver's actions in the previous chapter were for the sole purpose of helping Gray past the trauma of Deliora (which explains his look of absolute panic when it looks like Gray is going to cast Iced Shell.)
- The expression on Silver's face in the flashback, when he first learned Gray was still alive.
- After the damage done to him in the fight, Silver drags himself up to embrace Gray. He even asks to stay in that position. Silver would end spending his last moments in the world holding his son.
- We see the grave that Silver made for Gray and his mother, Mika, but Gray's is crossed out. Remember when we first see Silver in Chapter 353, it is almost immediately after the Grand Magic games, where he discovered Gray was still alive and he's visiting this grave. It's highly likely that Silver made the journey to Isvan just for that. After all, nothing screams "my son is alive" like crossing his name off of his grave.
- Chapter 396:
- The moment where, after seeing that Natsu was at a serious disavantage against Torafuza's Curse, Gajeel instantly yelled at him to grab Juvia and Lucy and find a way out there, showing off his Character Development.
- Sure it was for air, but Levy giving Gajeel an Underwater Kiss was undeniably heartwarming. After being saved by him so many times, Levy returns the favor.
- Though it is worth mentioning that it is far from the first time Levy helped Gajeel or saved him. Remember her undoing Fried's runes in the Battle of Fairy Tail ? Her preventing Gajeel from being cut in half, cancelling the script that rendered him incapable of fighting and giving a big ass iron to him before leaving on Tenrou Island ? And the fact she assisted him against a f—- dragon during the Dragon king festival ? Yep. They may be the most even ship when it comes to saving each other …
- For props, immediately before it, when Gajeel was still fighting to stay conscious and Levy was nearing him, he saw a light approaching him.
- And at last, after waking up immediately after the kiss and seeing Levy drowning and Torafuza rushing out to kill her, Gajeel proceeds to instantly turn into his Iron-Shadow Dragon Mode and deliver a massive blow to Torafuza's head, while yelling "Hands off!!".
- Chapter 398. After Mirajaine punches Seilah, thus disabling her curse, Kyoka thanks Seilah for the effort. Seilah then begs, with tears on her eyes, Kyoka to avenge their fallen comrades and let them return to their creator Zeref. Kyoka assures she will send both Seilah's body and soul before absorbing her power. This clearly showed that despite the fact that they were both villains, their relationship was one of genuine trust and love.
- Chapter 414: While it's mostly Tear Jerker, the fact that Igneel bothered to make his last words to Natsu when he was about to die about how he always loved him and was proud of how much he had grown really does tug at the heartstrings.
- Chapter 415: As the Dragons' souls get ready to disappear, Wendy begs Grandine not to go, but Gajeel comforts her with a pat on the head and insists that they should proudly see the Dragons off.
- Chapter 416: Despite the overall tone of the chapter there are still a few heartwarming moments
- Laxus wakes up surrounded by the Raijin Tribe. He promptly pulls them into a bear hug an apologizes for failing to protect them.
- Gray visits the grave of his parents. Juvia follows him and tells him she is responsible for killing Silver. She then declares she is unworthy to love him anymore. Gray breaks down crying thanking her for giving him peace, then comments how warm she is as they hug.
- Erza, thinking how weak she is because of Kyoka's torture as well as her childhood in slavery (the former reminding her of the latter), is interrupted by Jellal, who gives her a combination speech of You Are Better Than You Think You Are and You Are Not Alone before leaving with the reformed Oracion Seis.
- Sabertooth throws a party to celebrate the return of Minerva, who has yet another Cry Cute moment.
- Lucy, running after Natsu and Happy after finding out they've left for a one-year training trip.
- Chapter 7 of Fairy Tail Zero gets a big one. Mavis encounters Zeref at a watering hole bathing, where he immediately pulls his "don't come near me" routine right before his Instant Death Radius activates. Seeing what he's cursed with—and identifying it by its actual name, much to his shock—she decides to use her Illusion Magic to create a bunch of animals for him to pet. He was so moved by what is probably the first genuinely kind act he'd experienced in centuries, if not ever, that he starts crying Tears of Joy and obliges her request to teach the other future Fairy Tail founders some magic to help defeat Blue Skull.
- Chapter 417: The chapter is heartwarming and funny in equal measure, featuring the interactions between Gildarts and Natsu after they run into each other on the road. Gildarts spars with Natsu, laughs with him over jokes, and protects him from a monster that snuck up on him. At the end of the chapter, they accidentally swap bags, and Gildarts, in tears, frantically rushes to catch up to retrieve what we are led to believe is his porn collection ... only to discover that he was worried about the picture of him and Cana that was inside the bag.
- Chapter 419: Everything about Lucy, Natsu and Happy's reunion. From her greeting them at the gates of the jail, inviting them to crash at her place as they don't have anywhere else (and they're just now finding that out), them seeing the wall where Lucy kept track of everyone, to finally the three of them hitting the road to find the other members of Fairy Tail. If you look closely, you can even see Happy carrying a bag for Lucy, as they... had to leave Crocus in kind of a hurry.
- Chapter 421: Wendy not wanting to go with Natsu and Lucy to put Fairy Tail back together. While this might not seem like such a moment at first, it becomes so much more when we learn her reasons behind it: She doesn't want to leave her friend Sherria alone (since her cousin Sherry is getting married soon and will be leaving the guild), potentially because she doesn't want her to be lonely like she might have been when Fairy Tail disbanded.
- Chapter 424: Juvia spent half a year looking for Gray after his disappearance. We find out that she wants to bring him back to their house where they had great times together. Doubles as a Tear Jerker.
- Natsu calms her nerves by telling her that he's going to find Gray so he can bring the guild back together.
- Chapter 432: Juvia joining in on Gray's usual "stripping during a fight" act has a nice Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other vibe to it.
- Chapter 435: Gajeel, Pantherlily and Levy's reunion with the Fairy Tail core group. In addition, Gray hugging Frosch, showing the future that Future!Rogue predicted might not come true after all.
- Chapter 436: There's something just strangely nice about seeing Zeref reminiscing with E.N.D.'s book about his past, which is shown in and of itself to be surprising sweet. It also shows that everything Zeref originally did was for one purpose: To bring his little brother Natsu back to life.
- The Reveal in this chapter makes their brief reunion during the S-Class Exam Heartwarming in Hindsight. It looks like Zeref wasn't just happy to see Natsu just because he thought Natsu would kill him, but because he was seeing his beloved little brother alive and grown up.
- 437: Fairy Tail is reborn. That's all.
- 441: While undercover on a foreign tourist island, Natsu and co. see a kid begging a soldier from Alvarez to see his father again. Natsu is understandably pissed, but can't do anything at risk of blowing their cover. Then the soldier attempts to kill the kid and EVERYONE moves in to defend the child.
- Chapter 446: Makarov feels bad for trying a peaceful solution, but Erza, Lucy, Wendy, Carla, Happy, Gray and even Natsu tell him he did the right thing.
- Chapter 449: Mavis and Zeref's second meeting. That look of sheer delight on her face when she recognises him. Despite his warning for her to stay away, she still runs forward and hugs him with no hesitation at all, thanking him for helping her and her friends years ago. When she learns who he really is, she refuses to believe in rumours of his being the evilest mage in history despite his own affirmation of them, and says that he has kind eyes.
- Chapter 450: The Big Damn Kiss between Mavis and Zeref. Though it makes what happens afterwards all the more of a Tear Jerker.
- Chapter 451: Got to give Precht (Master Hades) credit despite his eventual Face–Heel Turn. He spent over 30 years researching forbidden magics in an effort to revive Mavis after placing her in crystal, only to ultimately create the Eternity Magic: Fairy Heart in the process. It really speaks of how close as a friend he was to her.
- When Mavis tries to apologize because all her mistakes have come to haunt the guild, Gajeel tells her there's nothing to apologize for. All she did was fall in love, and that in itself is not a crime.
- Actually,despite his guild mates obvious shock at hearing something so profound from him,the most recent chapters make Gajeel comforting Mavis even more heartwarming in hindsight;he has secretly been in love with Levy for a fairly long time. He fell in love with a girl he once tried to murder; he of all people could understand and sympathize with Mavis
- Chapter 453 is shippers' paradise. First of all, we have Natsu sneaking a peek in Lucy's diary. Gray finally tells Juvia when he's going to give her an answer. And last but not least, blink-and-you-miss-it: it's on different pages, but Gajeel and Levy's blankets have the same pattern. Tumblr has already exploded.
- In a non-shipping example, as Erza angsts about letting a child as young as Wendy get caught up in the coming battle, Wendy simply hugs Erza and tells her that this time, she will protect the rest of them. Erza's impressed, and says Wendy has become the pride of the guild.
- chapter 460: While battling Wahl Icht, the Raijin Tribe begins getting severely beaten and Laxus's first reaction is to yell (Via Warren's telepathy) that he is coming to back them up. The Raijin all vehemently object and tell him to stay put; they all want to protect Laxus for once, after all the times he has saved them. Despite being on the verge of losing it, Laxus agrees to let them.
- looking back to their introduction,the relationship between the four is quite heartwarming in retrospect; during the fighting festival arc, Laxus only saw the Raijin as tools, while they blindly followed his every command without a second thought. Based on the latest chapters, their relationship has evolved into a deep friendship based on genuine love and trust for each other.
- Chapter 468 is a series of these. Aquarius is back, and she's treating Lucy like a beloved friend rather than her usual abusive demeanor. We find out that Layla didn't murder Brandish's mother. In fact, she consoled Grami even as she was lying on what would become her deathbed, saying she considered Grami to be a dear friend and hoping their daughters would be friends too, even as Grami blamed herself and begged for forgiveness for getting back too late. And when Brandish sees her mother murdered (by Zoldeo, no less) before her eyes, Lucy pulls her into a hug and comforts her, even though Brandish had been trying to strangle her to death not an hour ago.
- Chapters 471/474: Lucy has stayed by Natsu's side since he fell ill. The most recent chapter shows her asleep with her head laying on the side of his bed.
- Chapter 486: Levy jumps into the battle between Gajeel and Bradman and saves Gajeel's life with her holy attribute magic. He immediately begins screaming at her to run before the magic barrier particles begin poisoning her, but she insists that her solid script mask will protect her and states that she is not leaving him. She then chews him out for saying that he didn't care if he died and would welcome it; she tells him that she wants him to live and would be sad if he died.
- Chapter 487: Everything about Gajeel and Levy
- Gajeel admits to being in love with Levy; she collapses, coughing up blood and going glazed-eyed, and admits that she lied and was slowly being poisoned the whole time she was helping him fight Bradman. Gajeel is enraged, demanding to know why she jumped in to fight while knowing that she was dying; she states that she just wanted to save and protect him, and Gajeel promptly promises to defeat Bradman and bring her home, safe. While fighting, he remembers his past and how he had been a bad person and was the weakest of the dragon slayers;
- Gajeel: "But y'know... I don't give a shit about any of that anymore. As long as I can keep the woman I fell for safe, Nothin' else matters!"
- when you think about it, it's EXTREMELY heartwarming how much Gajeel really cares about Levy. He doesn't care about anything else, except keeping her alive, and is willing to ingest high amounts of poisoning toxins because he cares about her so much. He originally attempted to murder her, but she ending up being the single most important person/thing in his life.
- Levy's reaction to Gajeel eating the barrier particles and battling Bradman is to begin crying and screaming for him to stop before he dies; she's laying on the ground, slowly dying, and she's more worried about him. It really shows how deeply they really, secretly love each other.
- despite how heartbreaking and gut wrenching it was, Gajeel's death and his final conversation with Levy makes many of their past interactions heart warming in hindsight.
- Gajeel credits Levy with him becoming a better, more responsible member of the guild. When he first joined, he had no clue how to interact with the other guild members, and almost everyone hated him. Even though she was scared of him, Levy trusted him and was okay with him being there. She was most likely one of the first people he could could trust in a long time. Given his tough childhood and his past with Phantom Lord, the years he got to spend with Levy were probably the best of his life
- Despite being obviously protective and caring toward her, Gajeel's feeling's for Levy were unclear and hotly debated by the fandom, but he flat out admits to loving her and wanting to spend the rest of his life with her. Despite being one of the roughest, more fearsome members of Fairy Tail, he admits that all he really wanted was to marry Levy and have a family with her. Even he finds it ironic that he of all people would want something like that.
- Chapter 489.5: The Stone Age omake has two cute moments.
- Natsu claims Lucy as a slave, but he pats her head and promises to take care of her.
- Zeref and Mavis cuddle together in a tree, while hoping the male and female tribes understand what love is soon. Nice to know there is at least one reality where the two were able to be together.